Bob De Quatre

AG - Introduction and Discussion

pffff...

sorry, honestly with my Blacktron love, I'd have gone MANTIS before I went Octan anyway. :P but you guys have been very welcoming. That's great to see in something like this.

sorry, honestly with my Blacktron love, I'd have gone MANTIS before I went Octan anyway. :P but you guys have been very welcoming. That's great to see in something like this.

Then I'm glad I steered you away from Mantis! :devil:

Welcome to AG! Kawashita needs more players anyways, so It's good you chose them! Why is it that no one wants to join Octan though? :cry_sad: Ah-well. We'll absorb you all eventually. :shrug_oh_well:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

I joined Kawa mainly because of low numbers. Everyone benefits from healthy competition

So we were third choice... mmmmmh... :hmpf_bad:

I know someone who's going to become an experiment subject for the prof...

Please, Brickwolf, to replace my creature, I don't want whatever you find... I want Craggy :devil:

Welcome Craggy, a Galaxy of friendly deceit, comical seriousness and some guy in his pants awaits you. Always nice to have new builders in the mix, especially fellow Blacktron fans.

Welcome Craggy, a Galaxy of friendly deceit, comical seriousness and some guy in his pants awaits you. Always nice to have new builders in the mix, especially fellow Blacktron fans.

thanks for the welcome. I've got a ways to go before I have all the parts and skills as some of the builders here but hopefully playing will help me improve.

Is week 58 over yet? :look: I don't want to post anything for week 59 too early!

Hey guys, I wanted to know if I could switch to another faction? I've been having trouble building for MANTIS since I haven't been able to get enough green pieces for figs and builds.

Hey guys, I wanted to know if I could switch to another faction? I've been having trouble building for MANTIS since I haven't been able to get enough green pieces for figs and builds.

This would be a question for the Game managers. I'd suggest opening a PM with Bob, Sal, and EpsilonETA to hash it out. There was one member previously who left Kawashita for Mantis, but he hasn't been around for a while.

While I would love to see you join Octan, you know there are always ways to accommodate lack of parts colours. You could be a secret operative for Mantis working in Octan/Kawashita space, building spying missions where you and everyone around you looks like a build from another corporation. Likewise you could be a MANTIS operative tasked with weeding out Dust Demons (or their new SPIDER dudes (Hell, you could BE a SPIDER dude and use dark blues mostly. That might be cool. Like a HYDRA agent working within SHIELD.) and mostly build dust demon bases (or SPIDER bases). Or perhaps your character works with a crew of MANTIS folk who mostly use black, grey or brown(I've seen that colour used effectively by Mantis before) and only have the MANTIS colours in small motifs on their ships, like Octan does most of the time with our red and green (there are a few of us who put the colours everywhere though. :grin: I personally prefer stark white with red and green stripes and accents on my builds.)

Or maybe you're a Mantis agent tasked with making peaceful contact with the aliens, and mostly you'd build alien stuff.

And also, you're really good at doing landscapes, especially vig ones, so maybe you could just do a lot of that. :classic:

I'm just saying there are plenty of options out there if you want to keep your side but have trouble building in-line with the corp colours.

Hope that helps.

:classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

If colors are you problem, you could always spy on another corporation or steal some of their vehicles :wink: . MANTIS is very good at spying and needs all the special forces it can get. :grin: When I started MANTIS, I had very little neon green or black to work with too and still don't have a lot of green mini figure parts. I have slowly been building up my collection of part by finding ultra agents sets on sale and have been on the lookout for the new volcano research sets too. I find that a lot of the time the best Octan/MANTIS/Kawashita vehicles actually use their main colors sparingly over a mostly light or dark grey body. There are many different options for building without the main colors like Dannylonlegs suggested and I don't think you should feel restricted to only using black and green. :classic:

Is week 58 over yet? :look: I don't want to post anything for week 59 too early!

Week 58 is over. Welcome in week 59!

Due to Challenge 5 taking place, weeks 58, 59 and 60 will be two weeks weeks!

Octan's fleet stays on H04.

Kawashita's fleet moves from F09 to F10.

M.A.N.T.I.S.'s fleet stays on F03.

First Aliens' fleet moves from G10 to F10.

Second Alien's fleet moves from A04 to A05.

Third Alien's fleet stays on G07.

(Map will be updated once the scores are posted)

Snip

True. Those darned Volcano sets are like a star-send to MANTIS. :ugh: not only are the figures (olive green industrial jump suits with volcanos on the back? I Toresta?) great for MANTIS employees, but the whole theme's colour-scheme is black and lime.

That said, I've used one of the torsos already in my latest build with red arms as an Octan volcanic planet worker. :grin: I imagine we've got plenty on one of our most well populated planets, Yetornius, as well.

But yeah, also Rodiziorobs himself had very few MANTIS colours to start with and started out mostly building scenes of his character infiltrating Octan, which allowed him to have a fun colab with me! :classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Thanks a bunch guys for the suggestions! I didn't know we were allowed that much freedom in our builds. This definitely makes it much easier for me. For now, I think I'll stick to vignettes and undercover missions while I stock up on some more lime green pieces. And definitely need to get my hands on those city volcano sets, exactly what I need for MANTIS. Thanks again guys.

Just one last question, am I allowed to build on other faction's planets or do I just make-up a scenario where other factions have invaded MANTIS planets?

Thanks a bunch guys for the suggestions! I didn't know we were allowed that much freedom in our builds. This definitely makes it much easier for me. For now, I think I'll stick to vignettes and undercover missions while I stock up on some more lime green pieces. And definitely need to get my hands on those city volcano sets, exactly what I need for MANTIS. Thanks again guys.

Just one last question, am I allowed to build on other faction's planets or do I just make-up a scenario where other factions have invaded MANTIS planets?

You are allowed to build on any planet that either is owned by your corporation, or is directly adjacent to one such planet. If you look on the map, any planet connected to a MANTIS planet by a line is one you can build on. Unless there's an enemy fleet there.

You get even more options with some of the equipment you can buy.... Also, a lot of MANTIS territory used to be Octan... so you don't even need to make up scenarios in which there are Octan buildings on MANTIS planets. :wink:

If you need suggestions for where to build, I'm sure they'd help you in the super secret MANTIS thread better than I could here.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Wait, MANTIS has a secret thread!!!!???!!! *oh2*

Does Kawashita not? :wacko:

That would explain a lot. :poke:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Wait, MANTIS has a secret thread!!!!???!!! *oh2*

Actually, there are two.

Somebody

(ahem, cough cough *SpacerSteve* cough)

unsubscribed themselves and we had to make a new one just for them. :poke: