Bob De Quatre

AG - Introduction and Discussion

our dominion lies on the map.

So you admit your scores are lies :tongue: ... nah just messing. But seriously, I didn't know MANTIS was already full. I'm willing to switch to the underdog faction if I must.

So you admit your scores are lies :tongue: ... nah just messing. But seriously, I didn't know MANTIS was already full. I'm willing to switch to the underdog faction if I must.

I'm just messing with you. :tongue: MANTIS is a fine choice (not as fine as Octan, but...)... but they do have a lot of players at the moment, and seem to just keep growing. There's no limits on number of players, though, and unless something really drastic happens, it's likely to stay that way. :classic:

Octan takes insult at your insinuation that we lie. Octan takes pride in the fact that our statements are very rarely entirely inaccurate.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

MANTIS always welcomes new members and now is a better time than ever to be special forces in MANTIS. It seem like Octan and MANTIS in terms of strength, tech tree standings, and build numbers are pretty much equal with the only true underdogs being Kawashita at the moment. All the corporations at one point or another have suffered from low turnout, so I would say just to stay with the one you want. :classic:

Edited by StarHawk3

Week 57 is over. Welcome in week 58!

Due to Challenge 5 taking place, weeks 58, 59 and 60 will be two weeks weeks!

Octan's fleet stays on H04.

Kawashita's fleet stays on F09.

M.A.N.T.I.S.'s fleet stays on F03.

First Aliens' fleet stays on G10.

Second Alien's fleet moves from C02 to A04.

Third Alien's fleet moves from H08 to G07.

(Map will be updated once the scores are posted)

Week 57 is over. Welcome in week 58!

Due to Challenge 4 taking place, weeks 58, 59 and 60 will be two weeks weeks!

I could be wrong, but didn't Challenge 4 already happen? *looks at number of squares in his sig block*

I could be wrong, but didn't Challenge 4 already happen? *looks at number of squares in his sig block*

Didn't you know Bob is infallible? :look:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Is there any particular reason staff is taking longer to judge builds? I don't mean to be hostile or anything, I'm just wondering.

On the contrary, for me it's a ton of work before the holidays... :cry_sad:

Sorry, didn't realize that there were holidays going on. States doesn't really have any summer holidays. Maybe you could hire a new staff to help out? :grin:

Bob, Mantis should dominate Forring at this point, if I'm reading the map right. They have 265 dp we have 235. They have 30 more than we. Did someone forget to click the button?

Edit: also, Congrats, Mantis, on a precision domination. Very efficient.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Edit: also, Congrats, Mantis, on a precision domination. Very efficient.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Very Dr. Long. :laugh:

Is there any particular reason staff is taking longer to judge builds? I don't mean to be hostile or anything, I'm just wondering.

Bob, Mantis should dominate Forring at this point, if I'm reading the map right. They have 265 dp we have 235. They have 30 more than we. Did someone forget to click the button?

It was mostly my fault. I recently got home from vacation and my judging took a bit longer then usual. Then I totaly forgot the "check for domination" button :facepalm:

Hey guys, I had a question about the dynamic map. Are the domination areas the colored space ships? Just want to confirm

Hey guys, I had a question about the dynamic map. Are the domination areas the colored space ships? Just want to confirm

Not exactly. The domination areas can be observed very clearly on the map by deselect in all options apart from "Control Area". Once you've deselect ed all other options the map will appear as a grid split three ways between green white and red (conveniently, all Octan colours, but I digress) red indicates Kawa domination, Green indicates Mantis Domination, and every planet in the galaxy belongs to Octan, but the ones in White and those around them are the ones Octan players can build on without getting told by the judges to pick a more suitable planet.

That's domination area. Now, the ships you were referring to are where each faction has placed it's fleets. Colour coded, again, for your convenience. The green skull things are the Alien fleets.

Hope that helps. :classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

and every planet in the galaxy belongs to Octan

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Hey!

Edited by Mr Greeble

Hi everyone. I've only recently signed up to the forums here, but this game seems like it could be quite fun. Have read the intro and FAQ pages, not sure what faction to join, probably Kawashita as I've a lot of red (tho most of it's bright, rather than dark) and I like an underdog. Am liking the latest challenge a lot. Can someone sign me up?

Edited by craggy

You sign yourself up by chosing (and posting) your faction, character name, job and a 100x100 pxl picture of your sigfig.

About which faction to chose, the last three pages here have been about trying to recrute new players to there side.

Edited by EpsilonEta

Hi everyone. I've only recently signed up to the forums here, but this game seems like it could be quite fun. Have read the intro and FAQ pages, not sure what faction to join, or how to properly get started, but liking the latest challenge a lot. Can someone sign me up?

Hello there! :sweet: welcome to Eurobricks!

To vouch from personal experience, the game is quite fun! It's an awesome challenge to improve your own building and storytelling talents and to interact with other great Lego builders in collaboration and competition! And it's always great to read and look at the stories and builds of your fellow players too!

As for which faction you should join, Octan. You should join Octan.

But you know, it's your call. :wink:

Your three options are Octan, Kawashita, and Mantis. Pick whichever faction you prefer aesthetically or storywise, or go with whichever you think you can build best for/ have the colours for, or which you think has the best community.

Octan is white, with red and green accents, Mantis is black with green accents, and Kawashita is Dark Grey with red or dark red accents. Octan is kind of your standard megacorp, with great builders and storytellers and a wonderful community. We've got both some of the funniest characters, and some of the most serious, with a diverse verity inbetween! Mantis is a Paramilitary band of tough types, with a fun group of great builders and story tellers. Kawashita is a secretive Japanese-inspired corporation with mechs, tech, and cyborgs, and some really quality storytellers. The corporation pages tell you more about the flavor of each faction than I did, though.

Thus far Kawashita has had fewer active players than Mantis and octan, and Octan has seen a hit on some of our previously most active players. Mantis seems to be going strong, but I'll let them speak for themselves.

Feel free to PM a faction member to learn more about that faction. As an Octan player, I know more about Octan than I do about Mantis or Kawa. :blush:

To sign up, all you need to do is construct a sigfig (a mini figure that represents your character) choose your name, occupation, and faction, and post them here! :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Can someone sign me up?

sure, here's an Octan standard contract... just inscribe your name and you will belong exclusively to Octan... hem, cough cough and you're in

:tongue:

Hello there! :sweet: welcome to Eurobricks!

To vouch from personal experience, the game is quite fun! It's an awesome challenge to improve your own building and storytelling talents and to interact with other great Lego builders in collaboration and competition! And it's always great to read and look at the stories and builds of your fellow players too!

To sign up, all you need to do is construct a sigfig (a mini figure that represents your character) choose your name, occupation, and faction, and post them here! :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

thanks, Danny, that's the idea, tell some stories and increase my build skills! :)

have a sig fig set to go but having a nightmare shrinking any pics down to 100x100 pixels and having it not look rubbish,

thanks, Danny, that's the idea, tell some stories and increase my build skills! :)

have a sig fig set to go but having a nightmare shrinking any pics down to 100x100 pixels and having it not look rubbish,

Well, one way is to start with a good close up picture of the figure to start with, as focused and tight as possible.

Once you've got a good picture to work with, you can crop and resize it in paint, or you could do all your photo editing (cropping, brightening, adding contrast) in Flickr, an image hosting site I highly recommend. In Flickr, you can also select what size picture you want to share, and it offers you the option, actually, of a 100-100 pixel square. :classic:

Also, assuming your current profile picture is your desired sigfig, you could download the picture straight from your thumbnail, and upload the 100-100 pixel to a hosting site of your choice. (You can't just copy the URL though. Eurobricks is not a hosting site. :classic: )

sure, here's an Octan standard contract... just inscribe your name and you will belong exclusively to Octan... hem, cough cough and you're in

:tongue:

:grin:

We'll need your initials here, here, and here, signature here, and that's that. :wink:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

sigfiglotus_zpswrajrwhb.jpg

Agent Lotus signing up for Kawashita Special Forces.

Edited by craggy