Bob De Quatre

AG - Introduction and Discussion

Late is late. If your flight is at 8 am and you arrive at 9 am you can't have the airline just fly you on up to the plane. If the deadline isn't really the deadline people will try to skirt it and the whole notion of late will grow and grow.

If the rule is entries are accepted until 11:59:59 pm on a certain day, posting at 12:01 am the following day means you missed it. I don't get why we are arguing over what to do when the rules are very clear. And I don't really see a need to alter rules we've all been playing with thus far. Why add complexity?

Late is late. If your flight is at 8 am and you arrive at 9 am you can't have the airline just fly you on up to the plane. If the deadline isn't really the deadline people will try to skirt it and the whole notion of late will grow and grow.

If the rule is entries are accepted until 11:59:59 pm on a certain day, posting at 12:01 am the following day means you missed it. I don't get why we are arguing over what to do when the rules are very clear. And I don't really see a need to alter rules we've all been playing with thus far. Why add complexity?

I agree with you that late is late and should not be counted, however it seems like there is leeway with the judges, so I offered a solution to help them get this issue resolved quicker. I would much rather a hard deadline with no exceptions.

The airline takes off because it doesn't know who you are, and it doesn't care; it already has your money.

On the other hand, your carpool will stick around a few minutes because they know you, and even if you're a few minutes late you're a part of the group. They may honk the horn a few times, but they'll spare a few minutes. Otherwise, you'd find a different group to go with.

Not saying it's a perfect analogy, but I think it's adequate.

The airline takes off because it doesn't know who you are, and it doesn't care; it already has your money.

On the other hand, your carpool will stick around a few minutes because they know you, and even if you're a few minutes late you're a part of the group. They may honk the horn a few times, but they'll spare a few minutes. Otherwise, you'd find a different group to go with.

Not saying it's a perfect analogy, but I think it's adequate.

Oh, I like that analogy :thumbup: I understanding wanting fair to be fair. But I've been in the situation where I really needed an extra day and was super appreciative when it was given so I'm included to show for "carpool grace."

Minutes are one thing, but your carpool isn't going to wait two hours much less an entire day for someone to get ready for work the way the rest of us did on time, and if it happened over and over I bet you would make a rule about when to decide to give up and move on without the straggler. My proposal gives some leeway to those who might need extra time but it comes with a small penalty to make those who follow the rules feel that there are no favors being given to anyone.

If the rules as laid out aren't the rules, then what is fair? On most of this there was 1 month of notice, if you can't get it together in that much time, then that is your own fault. I know there are no prizes, no one loses a job over this, but why should I work to make my stuff get done on time if others get to not be penalized for being late. You want to make an exception for one or two people and penalize the vast majority for playing by the rules. That is a good way to get people to stop playing.

If I may be blunt, this is up to the judges. People are obviously talking about one specific build. Originally I would have agreed that the deadline was final, but this witch hunt is bothering me. Leave it to the judges, stop trying to sway them, and let's keep a good atmosphere.

Edited by Commander Turtle

If I may be blunt, this is up to the judges. People are obviously talking about one specific build. Originally I would have agreed that the deadline was final, but this witch hunt is bothering me. Leave it to the judges, stop trying to sway them, and let's keep a good atmosphere.

I have no idea what you are talking about or who this person is that is being persecuted, but this is the discussion thread. Are we not allowed to discuss an issue we see in this thread? Other rules have been altered because of discussion had here, so why not this one?

How about this; your build doesn't include your sigfig when that was clearly in the challenge rules. Should your build be disqualified?

I say we allow a little flexibility when it comes to the judges allowing builds. It's a game, there's no tangible prizes, and it's really not worth taking too seriously.

How about this; your build doesn't include your sigfig when that was clearly in the challenge rules. Should your build be disqualified?

I say we allow a little flexibility when it comes to the judges allowing builds. It's a game, there's no tangible prizes, and it's really not worth taking too seriously.

Feel free to eliminate my build if I missed a rule. I think you are the one taking things too seriously. I was trying to have a conversation, not a witch hunt, but it looks like your pitchforks have turned towards me now. Sad that I cannot have an opinion without being told to stop talking.

Feel free to eliminate my build if I missed a rule. I think you are the one taking things too seriously. I was trying to have a conversation, not a witch hunt, but it looks like your pitchforks have turned towards me now. Sad that I cannot have an opinion without being told to stop talking.

Sorry if I seemed harsh. It's just, your opinion was clear after the first post and after 4, 5 posts it just seems like trying to sway the judges against the late player. After this discussion I've definitely decided I prefer the carpool that is lenient, given that this is meant to all be a bit of fun. You were a great example for how anyone can miss a rule, but if the heart is in the right place I don't see a reason to be too strict.

Just use late builds as weekly builds - they count for more domination points anyway :grin: (just less credits because of the different scale)

For things like this I like solid deadlines with no extensions or exceptions. I'm not against a few minutes for someone giving an explanation (that is hopefully explained publicly) or getting points deducted or something like that either. In general, it is a push it once, and it'll get pushed again type of thing...at least that is the way it tends to go. Still, my preference is a solid deadline. The anywhere in the world deadline is nice enough I think.

Does it really matter? Octan sweeped it regardless.

Hmm... :hmpf_bad: I believe you spoke too soon sir :tongue:

Hey can I get one of them alien emblem things for 200 credits?

(I don't have a corporation thread to ask in so I'm guessing I have to ask here)

(I don't have a corporation thread to ask in so I'm guessing I have to ask here)

If you want to use a Corporation feed, you are always welcome in Octan's. :sweet:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

If you want to use a Corporation feed, you are always welcome to sell some exploding vacuums in Octan's. :sweet:

I recommend the above suggestion!

:tongue:

I recommend the above suggestion!

:tongue:

Octan already sells Vacuums in both exploding and non-exploding varieties. Octan employees get an employee discount on all Octan products. *percent of discount may vary

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Done :classic:

Hey Bob, do you think you could update my picture in the players index?

Heres the new one...

21215433821_351265f18d_t.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by LordDan

Fellow Corporations,

In order to maximize our resource gathering capabilities through control bonuses, Octan would like to work collaboratively with each corporation to exchange planet domination. We propose the following exchange routes:

With Kawashita (K):

- Octan will dominate E11, then K will retake after Octan has gotten the control bonus.

- K will dominate F09 by using spies and pirates. Once controlled, K will have the option to take H08, followed by H07 and H05. Octan will give K 2 weeks to decide whether or not to continue this route after each planet is taken. Octan will retake any controlled planet once it is not needed for further progress.

- K currently has the option to mine G10 after Week 15, through the use of spies and pirates. Planet sharing of G10 will be considered by a separate agreement.

With M.A.N.T.I.S. (M):

- M will dominate H03 by using spies and pirates. Once controlled, M will have the option to take F03, H05, H07 and H08. Octan will give M 2 weeks to decide whether or not to continue this route after each planet is taken. Octan will retake any controlled planet once it is not needed for further progress.

- M will have the option to mine G02 while they are in control of H03 or F03. However, control of H03 and F03 will not be granted for the sole purpose of mining G02. Planet sharing of G02 will be considered by a separate agreement.

Further conditions:

- Domination of a planet by M or K will not exceed 40 DP above Octan's DP. Any attempt to maintain control of a planet beyond this agreement will be considered a deviation and act of war.

- Any purposeful deviation from the allowed course will be considered an act of war and a violation of this agreement. We understand that builders can build wherever they choose and that the corporation cannot control every builder. If a corporation has prior knowledge of a deviated build, they will inform the host corporation as soon as possible. Future deviations or interference with this agreement by any builder(s) will be strongly discouraged by each corporation.

- Both M and K will have the option of controlling H05, H07, and H08. These planets will be shared on a first-come-first-served basis. Planets will not be shared between 3 corporations; it is not rational or feasible. H03 and F09 are both 500 A planets within 2 links of M or K. H03 will be exclusively available to share between Octan and M and F09 will be exclusively available to share between Octan and K.

- Any corporation can revoke their participation in this agreement at any time. Octan reserves the right to control any planet East of E01-03 and E09-F10 when it sees fit. However, Octan will not deny control to an allowed planet without prior violation of this agreement.

- We expect game scenarios and rules to be changed over time. This agreement is only valid so long as all relevant parties agree to the terms provided.

Reiteration of past agreements:

- All trades will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

- Octan has no plans to build on planets West of E01-E03 and E09-F10 (with the exception of any agreement to E11, above).

We look forward to hearing your response.

Is there a roster of current standings?

Just trying to figure out which Faction to join.....or go alien..... :tongue:

You can check the Dynamic Galaxy Map link located in the first post of the Rules and FAQ. From there you can view controlled planets, roster, and the tech tree.

You can also check the MANTIS training camp, Kawashita dojo, or Octan meeting room.

M.A.N.T.I.S would be a great faction to join! :laugh:

Right now Octan is ahead of the other two.

Edited by SpacerSteve

Sort of, take a look at the map http://bakahomepage.com/EB/AG/map

The more planets that a corporation (no factions here!) has, the more "ahead" is is.

Going by the map, Octan is the largest, then Kawashita, and then MANTIS.

By players, Kawashita, Octan, and then MANTIS.

Another way to look is at the players tab when you go to the map page. Add up all of the credits and the corporation with the most credits has the most "power."

Octan is in front, then Kawashita, and then MANTIS.

If you want to join by awesomeness, then MANTIS wins by far :grin:

Octan is always hiring! We've had a drop in build number lately, and we've got a great community! I'd say Mantis is a good choice too, since they've had low builder numbers, but a lot of fun and beautiful builds. Octan would obviously be my suggestion though. :wink: we'very got a great variety of players and characters! From oppressive bureaucratic scientists, to fun loving shirt-eschewing explorers, to dedicated pilots out to settle the galaxy, you've got a bit of everything at Octan! And those three characters are just the current branch Executives!

You can also Join Octan for the Perks, too! We've got a few great perk systems going! Join up to learn more! Or feel free to ask any of us about them!

And you can't beat the colours either! :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

One afternoon, Vedauwoo....aka "Ved" found a strange creature wandering near the Repair Depot....after climbing up onto the beast, he found propaganda brochures about some organization called "M.A.N.T.I.S."....

Ved%20ride.jpg

Ved has encountered many aliens on strange planets before.....The idea of not having to "walk away whistling" intrigued him....

Ved%20wrap.jpg

So, Ved decided.....why not have some back up for once?

Ved%20face%201.jpg

Application Details:

Corporation: M.A.N.T.I.S.

Id Photo: Ved%20face%20100.jpg