Bob De Quatre

AG - Introduction and Discussion

My rule of thumb is:

Flies through space, a flying ship,

Ground-becalmed, a driving trip.

(Note to self: Spend more than three seconds writing rules of thumb that are poetry based.)

How would that rule categorize submarines? :wink:

Can submarines fly through space?

I will assume that your answer is no. However if that is the case, your rule does not apply to this situation since submarines are classified under Pilot with spaceships and airplanes.

If it can move in 3 dimensions, then it needs a pilot. If it can move in 2 dimensions, then it needs a driver. :sweet:

So new rule: dirt bikes grant the pilot job bonus. :look::grin:

And cars in space can float in 3 dimensions!!!

But seriously though, I'm having a bit of a problem distinguishing between driver and pilot job in a zero(edit: for those technical people, I mean very little) gravity asteroid field. Kind of impractical to have an asteroid bound vehicle...

Edited by Mike S

Anything that flies or swims underwater grants the pilot job bonus.

Anything that drives or walks on land or float on water grants the driver job bonus.

Basically, anything that have a depth or altitude control should be piloted by a pilot.

Anything that flies or swims underwater grants the pilot job bonus.

Anything that drives or walks on land or float on water grants the driver job bonus.

Basically, anything that have a depth or altitude control should be piloted by a pilot.

Ok, thanks! I think that pretty much clarifies it for me...

Is it too late to join in?

Nope! Also, for a limited time, all new recruits for the Glorious Mother M.A.N.T.I.S. will recieve an incredible Bribe Bag, filled with all sorts of in-game goodies! Edited by Lind Whisperer

I'll be joining Octan as soon as I get pics taken of my sigfig. Hopefully later tonight!

I'll be joining Octan as soon as I get pics taken of my sigfig. Hopefully later tonight!

Of all the companies that don't need more members :laugh:

I've actually been planning on joining MANTIS the whole time, but now that there is a bribe bag it's even better!

I just haven't been near my Lego since the game was announced (well, I have this weekend, a little, but not kid-free) so I haven't had the opportunity. Hopefully later tonight or tomorrow I will get an official character up.

By the way, I am not sure how sigfigs even work--I know they are a line or two at the bottom of every post (right?), but I don't have one (do I?). Also, since I always view on mobile I never see anyone else's either, so it may take me a couple tries to get it right.

I've actually been planning on joining MANTIS the whole time, but now that there is a bribe bag it's even better!

I just haven't been near my Lego since the game was announced (well, I have this weekend, a little, but not kid-free) so I haven't had the opportunity. Hopefully later tonight or tomorrow I will get an official character up.

By the way, I am not sure how sigfigs even work--I know they are a line or two at the bottom of every post (right?), but I don't have one (do I?). Also, since I always view on mobile I never see anyone else's either, so it may take me a couple tries to get it right.

If you visit your page, and then click "edit" one of the options will be "edit signature." Once you do so, you'll be able to add words and pictures to your "signature" which is what appears below our posts and features our "sigfigs." To get a sigfig, or, signature minifigure, simply make a figure that you wish to be your character, rake a picture of it, post the picture in this thread in a 100by100 pixel format, along with your character's name, affiliation, and job, and an admin (Bob) will add it to the player's list. You can then put the picture of your sigfig in your signature as described above. :wink:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I have a question regarding the Engineer role:

What are the rulings when it comes to space stations/floating cities/flying structures? For example, if I were to build a flying structure (e.g. a flying base for Kawashita), would I get my bonus?

Also, in the case I would, would I also get a bonus for, for example, building a "world ship" (i.e. a very large ship in space whose primary purpose is to work as a base/host a population, but can also travel between planets)? In the case I wouldn't get bonus points for such a ship, where is the line drawn between a "world ship" and a space station?

I love the idea of flying/floating structures, that serve as sort of mobile bases (which seems very much in line with the idea of this game, since it's a lot about rapid expansion, flexibility, etc), so I really hope that I would get bonuses for all categories. ^^

Cheers!

Engeneers get bonus for structures and buildings, so a floating base would count for me. Another proud KG prove of their superior technology.

Just a reminder that Week 2 will run till Sunday 31st. Following weeks will run from Monday to Sunday.

Here's my 100x100:

17884320479_748d42efda_t.jpg

Eagle-Eye Silver signing up for Octan as an Explorer!

Of all the companies that don't need more members :laugh:

Yeah, well, the other two companies have some rough color schemes for my LEGO inventory. As a proud Mitgardian, I can build in white forever! :grin: Edited by mrcp6d

Is there a chance we could separate the discussions on rules from the introduction thread?

The intros and following hails are blurring the important rule discussions and making I harder to go back and reference what has changed.

Just my two cents that I figured I would throw out there before we got too many pages...

Is there a chance we could separate the discussions on rules from the introduction thread?

The intros and following hails are blurring the important rule discussions and making I harder to go back and reference what has changed.

Just my two cents that I figured I would throw out there before we got too many pages...

You're right, discussion about rules should be in the Rules and FAQ thread.

I want to join special forces, but are we still limited to nearby planets as special forces, or are we able to travel to planets that other corps are operating on to spy or raid?

I want to join special forces, but are we still limited to nearby planets as special forces, or are we able to travel to planets that other corps are operating on to spy or raid?

yes, you are limited to Planets that are "one move" from a planet your faction dominates. For all factions but Octan, this week, that would be your faction's Homeworld. An interactive Map can be veiwed here: http://bakahomepage.com/EB/AG/map

That said, as others have already done, you can depict your character as spying on, or assassinating spies for the other factions. Everyone has spies, after all.

There is an item in the technology and equipment topic that DOES let you spy 2 planets away, but it's quite expensive.

If you still haven't chosen which faction to join, I hear MANTIS is hiring...

~Insectoid Aristocrat

If you still haven't chosen which faction to join, I hear MANTIS is hiring...

Yes we are!

To anyone still intending to join Andromeda's Gates...join

17646685738_f4c54e6575_c.jpg

You'll also get + 20 additional credits, +20 additional resource points, and +2 additional domination points for the corporation for your first three builds!

Edited by Myrddyn