Bob De Quatre

AG - Introduction and Discussion

I have checked the player list and I am an Explorer but I would now prefer to be a pilot. I edited my original post to say pilot. I confused the two jobs around and originally wrote the wrong one down.

If my job could be changed, it would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the hassle.

Does judging take place at a specific time or on an ongoing basis? I've got another shot of my build that still needs editing and I want to get it posted before points are awarded.

My understanding is that entries must be in by 9am GMT on Fridays. Bob cannot see into the past though, so if he judges yours at 10am GMT and the image has been improved I am sure he will mark it :wink:

tumblr_nok2ebnsil1uw2qlto1_100.jpg

100x100 pic

Greetings.

The name is Ace, Ace Head. And I'm here to announce my employment to the Octan corporation. As employee #43893 I will work as an Octan Pilot

tumblr_nok2ebnsil1uw2qlto3_540.jpg

Some of you might remember me for driving the Octan sponsored speeder in the galactic rally, so it was no surprise the good people of Octan wanted me to pilot their starships for their new and exiting business venture. And I must say they gave me quite the salary for the job.

tumblr_nok2ebnsil1uw2qlto2_540.jpg

So why not go down to your nearest Octan building yourself? And see what you can do for them for the future.

Hail Buisniess

ThismessagewaspaiddbytheOctancorporation

Edited by HeadBrick

Name: Dragonfire

Job: Explorer

Faction: Kawashita Group

Sigfig coming soon!

Welcome to our team Dragonfly... Fasten your seatbelts and go explore. We need you to advance fast and get ahead of our competitors.

100x100 pic

Greetings.

The name is Ace, Ace Head. And I'm here to announce my employment to the Octan corporation. As employee #43893 I will work as an Octan Pilot

tumblr_nok2ebnsil1uw2qlto3_540.jpg

Some of you might remember me for driving the Octan sponsored speeder in the galactic rally, so it was no surprise the good people of Octan wanted me to pilot their starships for their new and exiting business venture. And I must say they gave me quite the salary for the job.

tumblr_nok2ebnsil1uw2qlto2_540.jpg

So why not go down to your nearest Octan building yourself? And see what you can do for them for the future.

Hail Buisniess

ThismessagewaspaiddbytheOctancorporation

Welcome to Octan Corp Pilot Ace Head :classic: Your starship awaits you.

Edited by Boxerlego

As a Special Forces officer, can I do a scene of my character sabotaging an alien mining station? Or does Special Forces have to be against another corporation?

It can be against an alien mining station, space pirates, or even some other fictitious organization you made up.

To anyone still intending to join Andromeda's Gates...join

17646685738_f4c54e6575_c.jpg

I was looking at the Tech Tree and saw the "Battlefield Research" skill. Upon getting that, does it also allow for the Special Forces to become militants? Or is generally just for a building?

I'm getting tired of repeating the same thing over and over... But your character picture must be 100x100 pixels!

I have a quick question does my Utility bot count as a Engineering build or a Driver build?

A bot may count as scientist, but not driver as it is not piloted, and not engineer as this job get a bonus for building buildings.

Some builds may not fit into the existing jobs.

Also remember that the bonus for building for your job is 3 credits.png Credits, while the scoring will get you between 10 and 70 credits.png Credits

I was looking at the Tech Tree and saw the "Battlefield Research" skill. Upon getting that, does it also allow for the Special Forces to become militants? Or is generally just for a building?

And what exactly is written in the bonus description for that technology?

I'm getting tired of repeating the same thing over and over... But your character picture must be 100x100 pixels!

Are you talking about my picture? Because I'm pretty sure it's 100x100px But something could have happened on the site I'm hosting the pic. I'll post it again to see if it's better now.

Are you talking about my picture? Because I'm pretty sure it's 100x100px But something could have happened on the site I'm hosting the pic. I'll post it again to see if it's better now.

No no, yours was fine.

A bot may count as scientist, but not driver as it is not piloted, and not engineer as this job get a bonus for building buildings.

Some builds may not fit into the existing jobs.

Also remember that the bonus for building for your job is 3 credits.png Credits, while the scoring will get you between 10 and 70 credits.png Credits

Alright, I understand that. Scientist build it is then. One of my main focuses with the utility bot is that it going to help in construction with buildings along with other stuff and I was hoping that it would fit under a Engineering build. But since it is the Engineer role to build buildings, I will consider that down the road now that I'm seeing how builds can be done.

Welcome to our team Dragonfly... Fasten your seatbelts and go explore. We need you to advance fast and get ahead of our competitors.

I seem to recall that the dragonfly is an invertebrate which is indigenous to the planet Earth (some small world a few galaxies away). My name is much more impressive.

I seem to recall that the dragonfly is an invertebrate which is indigenous to the planet Earth (some small world a few galaxies away). My name is much more impressive.

D@m auto correct... Sorry Dragonfire.

It's absolutely fine :wink:

And here's my sig-fig picture. Dragonfire, Kawashita Explorer, signing up now!

7c3d0b9a-1dcb-494d-9ebe-ac266bcaa8fc_zps1c3kp5gf.jpg

Here we go. Must have missed it, didn't have much time to read over all the rules. Sorry bout that.

17632234618_1113edaaf1_t.jpg

If anyone is considering joining now, at present the team sizes are:

Octan - 19

Kawashita - 15

Mantis - 8

Just so people can stop saying Kawashita are getting too many people and signing up for Octan after reading the first page of this thread :laugh:

If anyone is considering joining now, at present the team sizes are:

Octan - 19

Kawashita - 15

Mantis - 8

Just so people can stop saying Kawashita are getting too many people and signing up for Octan after reading the first page of this thread :laugh:

Shh! No! Octan is still the underdog! Join Octan! :tongue:

~Insectoid Aristocrat