Bob De Quatre

AG - Introduction and Discussion

I'm really excited and intrigued about this, but have never done anything like this in the community, or even really followed similar events before. Everything seems pretty well explained, or will make sense as we go, so I figure just jump in, right? :) I'm a newer AFOL with no local LUG, so I've been looking for something like this.

Can players use non-lego in their builds? I assume that Mega Bloks is a no-go, but I'm wondering about things like:

BrickForge

"craft" materials--- string, wire, paper, lights, stone and sand

Lego pieces that are broken, modified, painted

bits and parts from other toy brands like Playmobil or Stikfas

If not for regular corporation entries, could add-ins like I'm asking about be used in alien builds?

I know as a contest, the construction may need to be moderated in a way that wouldn't support those kind of builds, but that's how I build, and what makes me happiest, so it was worth the ask.

Also, how long does a game like this typically run?

And if I just post as I can, as a participant, not a power player, is that ok? If I can only post once a month is that a welcome addition, or a drag to the team?

Thanks!

I'm really excited and intrigued about this, but have never done anything like this in the community, or even really followed similar events before. Everything seems pretty well explained, or will make sense as we go, so I figure just jump in, right? :) I'm a newer AFOL with no local LUG, so I've been looking for something like this.

Can players use non-lego in their builds? I assume that Mega Bloks is a no-go, but I'm wondering about things like:

BrickForge

"craft" materials--- string, wire, paper, lights, stone and sand

Lego pieces that are broken, modified, painted

bits and parts from other toy brands like Playmobil or Stikfas

If not for regular corporation entries, could add-ins like I'm asking about be used in alien builds?

I know as a contest, the construction may need to be moderated in a way that wouldn't support those kind of builds, but that's how I build, and what makes me happiest, so it was worth the ask.

Also, how long does a game like this typically run?

And if I just post as I can, as a participant, not a power player, is that ok? If I can only post once a month is that a welcome addition, or a drag to the team?

Thanks!

First of all welcome! To answer your first question about non-LEGO parts:

• A customized sig-fig is fine, but all your other minifigs and builds should be purist.

I think Bob answered the question of how long this game would last in another thread. There really is no way of knowing but he estimated around six months with good participation, but that doesn't mean the game wouldn't go into a second phase or so.

As far as a once a month build being a drag on the team, that is a big NO. Any participation is welcomed! The game is set up that you don't even have to actually join one of the corporations to participate. (see Alien builds) By all means build at your own leisure!

I would also like to join Kawashita, if I hadn't made it obvious, but I won't be able to get a character up anytime soon. :sad:

I would also like to join Kawashita, if I hadn't made it obvious, but I won't be able to get a character up anytime soon. :sad:

You can always use one of the generic avatars till yours is ready. :classic:

If we make a freebuild build, do we just make a thread with a prefix such as [AG Freebuild] "Alien Colony"? I didn't see anything about that in the rules/FAQ. And heres a 100 x 100 pic of him:

1DqS.jpg

~Beltar

Formal introduction and avatar are ready.

Name: Wick Nole

Fraction: Octan Corporation

Job: Engineer

100px*100px image:

17709676416_f9968b4ccf_t.jpg

First transmission is ready.

17548197868_97d3cecd33_c.jpg

If we make a freebuild build, do we just make a thread with a prefix such as [AG Freebuild] "Alien Colony"? I didn't see anything about that in the rules/FAQ.

There is no need for a prefix, just post a new thread in this subforum.

ok then I am signing to Kawashita using the second generic avatar. Name All Bricks

I suppose as scientist?

I've got an idea, why doesn't someone create a flickr group, since a lot of us are on flickr, exclusively for AG builds?

I think Andromeda's Gates is going to be a lot of fun! I'm thinking of signing up to Kawashita as a pilot. Therefore, I need to make a sigfig and a name + a little bit of background info, which I will look into upcoming week. This is going to be my first time to join in a Eurobricks RPG, so I'm excited yet nervous. I have a question about the weekly builds:

- Do you have to build every week for your corporation or are 2 builds for each month considered to be acceptable as well?

First of all, welcome Orange Leader, particularly to the Kawashita Group. Weekly builds are not manditory. Whenever you want, just have fun.

Edited by narbilu

I've got an idea, why doesn't someone create a flickr group, since a lot of us are on flickr, exclusively for AG builds?

That's a nice idea, but I've never set up a group on flickr.

17747768855_82a92bf3d9_m.jpg

17747768855_82a92bf3d9_t.jpg

Picture update. Finally got a set I needed to finish her off. I wish there was more diversity in goggled female figure heads, but oh well.

Bonus: Space outfit:

17747796715_9cf1e04883_t.jpg

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Now that I got the dynamic map to work, I realized that the resource amounts differ from the planet index. Which one is correct?

Now that I got the dynamic map to work, I realized that the resource amounts differ from the planet index. Which one is correct?

Thanks for finding that. We will take a look at it.

I love board games, and that seems like a great mix of LEGO and a giant strategic board game, which looks pretty awesome! And SPACE, of course! :sweet: I want to jump in, though I have no idea how it will work out... Building every week or so for the next 6 months seems to suck quite a bit of time, but at the same time it's a nice motivation to build more and try new styles...

Before enrolling, I've got a few questions:

1- Let's say you're an engineer. Does it stops you from piloting spaceships and exploring planets (even if you don't get extra credits)? Are you stuck building engineering stuffs for the rest of the game (forgetting buyable technology related to jobs)?

2- Does your company only need at least 1 domination point to account a planet as a jumping point for other planets? Let's say our company gets 1 dom. point on planet A. Can we travel to planet B (next to planet A) right away, or do we need to completely dominate planet A beforehand?

3- Can you "steal" a planet from another company? If Octan dominates one planet, are the other 2 companies still allowed to work on it? Can they take back domination (and if so, will they have the planet's "reward")?

4- If there's no alien activity on a planet, does it mean it's completely dead? No flora or fauna to discover? Or does "alien" here means some kind of species civilized and active at some point?

That's about it for now! Now let's SIGN UP!

------------------------------------

ID: N. R. Marcus

Faction: KAWASHITA Group

Job: Pilot

Avatar: Placeholder, right one (not Robotfaceguy please :grin: ). I'll make my own when possible!

Play well!

1- Let's say you're an engineer. Does it stops you from piloting spaceships and exploring planets (even if you don't get extra credits)? Are you stuck building engineering stuffs for the rest of the game (forgetting buyable technology related to jobs)?

2- Does your company only need at least 1 domination point to account a planet as a jumping point for other planets? Let's say our company gets 1 dom. point on planet A. Can we travel to planet B (next to planet A) right away, or do we need to completely dominate planet A beforehand?

3- Can you "steal" a planet from another company? If Octan dominates one planet, are the other 2 companies still allowed to work on it? Can they take back domination (and if so, will they have the planet's "reward")?

4- If there's no alien activity on a planet, does it mean it's completely dead? No flora or fauna to discover? Or does "alien" here means some kind of species civilized and active at some point?

Welcome! You joined the right Corporation! Let me try to answer your questions:

1. As an engineer you can build and do any other job but you only get the bonus when your build relates to your engineer class (building structures).

2. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure each planet needs at least 30 points to dominate it. This also covers question 3. Yes you can steal planets. Say one of your opposing corporations has 29 domination points and your corporation builds there gaining 3 domination points, the opposing corporation with 29 points would now require 33 domination points to dominate the planet.

4. I'm not completely sure on this one either but I take no alien activity to mean no "technological aliens". Hopefully Bob clarifies this.

Also don't worry about building every week for the next 6 months or so. If you have time and feel like it, then by all means do it. The main thing here is to have fun! I myself highly doubt, actually I know, I won't be able to build every week.

Octan Special Forces Jebediah "Jed" O' Reilly reporting for duty!

800x600:

img_2339_800x600.jpg

100x100

img_2339_100x75.jpg

Edited by mediumsnowman

Now they are both correct. :blush:

1- Jobs don't limit what you can build, but they reward you when your build meets the job requirement.

2- You can build only on planet your corporation controls or on planets next to a planet controlled by your corporation (there are some exceptions with the right Personnal Equipements)

3- You gain control of a planet when you have 30 domination points more than the other two corps. That means a planet can change of who controls it many times if two or three corporations build on it, but again that planet must be accessible for building to the corporations.

4- Aliens means a more or less civilized life form. Honestly, the "alien activity" on the description of the planets is just an indication, it won't affect the game.

Here is my 100X100 version, sorry for the delay

75a505e4-be80-4828-9a21-8596198d1cc9_zpsxrenah2m.jpg

Name: Sir Iron

Company: M.A.N.T.I.S.

Job: Explorer

Edited by Sir Iron