Bob De Quatre

AG - Introduction and Discussion

Yes :)

Yeah, I saw that but thought that only the jobs listed in the corporations topics were allowed if you joined a specific one :/ My bad!

Question then regarding engineer, are builds depicting creation of spaceships/mechas/etc their forte, or rather the scientists?

Engineering relates more to making buildings/structures with minimal resources. Engineers are the ones to make a base or shelter on a newly discovered planet with the means available.

Of course they can make everything in their weekly builds, but the extra rewards are based on the above.

Capt%20Iron_zps1wqhgkkg.jpg

Condotierre Sir Iron is reporting for duty! After just coming back from the dark ages, Sir iron is ready to make a new start. In the dark ages He collected bits of gold and conquered city's. Now that he is married with children under way, he turns his live around. From now on he wil collect Lots of gold and conquer planets! all on his own? No, he applies at M.A.N.T.I.S. as an explorer, ready to plant a green flag on new planets.

As a former Condottiere M.A.N.T.I.S. Is the most logical choice to go for. Altough somewhat unexperienced in the current post dark age era, Sir Iron hopes, this to be the start of a grand en rewarding journey.

A few more questions:

1. About aliens... In the rulebook it says "Every planets are open for alien builds without restrictions, except for the 3 home planets." What are the alien activity levels for on the planet descriptions? Can there be alien builds on planets with alien activity status listed as "none"? What constitutes as alien activity? Sentient species, flora, fauna? Would friendly alien builds still deplete the Corporation domination the same as hostile alien builds?

2. Concerning builds and scoring... What is the optimum size for a build? What would be the minimum size of a build to get a full "7" grade? I imagine piece count would factor in more than actual dimensions... If I'm building a fairly large multi-structure, would it be more beneficial if I post each structure as an individual build rather than a single entry?

A few more questions:

1. About aliens... In the rulebook it says "Every planets are open for alien builds without restrictions, except for the 3 home planets." What are the alien activity levels for on the planet descriptions? Can there be alien builds on planets with alien activity status listed as "none"? What constitutes as alien activity? Sentient species, flora, fauna? Would friendly alien builds still deplete the Corporation domination the same as hostile alien builds?

Thanks for articulating that better than I did. In a few of the planet descriptions it states what manner of alien life exist on that planet, but for the most part it does not. I suppose my question would chiefly be, what level of sentience is the maximum? Could we potentially see another space faring race? Or a few other ones?

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Signing up for Octan here!

17496143738_9abf5932f9_n.jpg

Link to the 100x100 pixel version.

Guy K. Wynd, Pilot. Otherwise known as Kai Guy, Guy Kai, or The Flying Guy.

It's okay that the fig itself doesn't have the corp. colors, right? As long as I use those in my builds, of course.

1. Aliens could also have discovered space travel, so when they arrive at a planet, they could inhabit it also. Thus crossing Corporations resulting in point loss for them. You are free to use your imagination on how the alien species look and act. They could be large flesh eating vines or a humble humanoid dwarf folk searching for a quiet planet to settle. Every alien build interveres with the activities of the Corporations.

2. A 7 grader is just that build that is beyond expectations. I cant imagine a 8x8 becoming one of those, but I don't think it is size related either. It depends on more factors than size.

Kai, the sigfig is fine like this...

Welcome...

Edited by narbilu

First a remark for everyone: please post your character picture in 100x100 pixels, thanks.

Aliens build were added to fill two spots:

- Allow players to build outside their corporations and give them some more freedom in building styles, and allow non player members to actually participate in the game

- Give a way for players to "attack" the other corps on any planet

So aliens are completely against the three corporation, there can't be a "friendly" alien build.

1. Aliens could also have discovered space travel, so when they arrive at a planet, they could inhabit it also. Thus crossing Corporations resulting in point loss for them. You are free to use your imagination on how the alien species look and act. They could be large flesh eating vines or a humble humanoid dwarf folk searching for a quiet planet to settle. Every alien build interveres with the activities of the Corporations.

2. A 7 grader is just that build that is beyond expectations. I cant imagine a 8x8 becoming one of those, but I don't think it is size related either. It depends on more factors than size.

Kai, the sigfig is fine like this...

Welcome...

First a remark for everyone: please post your character picture in 100x100 pixels, thanks.

Aliens build were added to fill two spots:

- Allow players to build outside their corporations and give them some more freedom in building styles, and allow non player members to actually participate in the game

- Give a way for players to "attack" the other corps on any planet

So aliens are completely against the three corporation, there can't be a "friendly" alien build.

Ok I think I understand now. Basically it is the classification of build not content. I can build aliens on a planet that my corporation wishes to dominate and classify it as an "Exploration" build but if I want to decrease domination then I would classify the build as an "Alien" build.

Ok I think I understand now. Basically it is the classification of build not content. I can build aliens on a planet that my corporation wishes to dominate and classify it as an "Exploration" build but if I want to decrease domination then I would classify the build as an "Alien" build.

Your corporation build can represent you dealing with aliens, and if you are an explorer and you deal pacifically you'll get bonus credits. An alien build is a build centered around the aliens fighting for their lands or planets, against the invading corporations.

I read that the week resets on Friday. Is that at the end of friday? If I built something today and posted it would that count for the coming week or the past week?

~Insectoid Aristocrat

It resets on friday morning, I'd say around 9h00 GMT... which could still being thursday depending on where you live...

17501516180_797211a89e_n.jpg

Jedadiah Douglass, explorer, signing up for the Octan corporation! :wink:

The 100x100 pixel version:

17501532410_ca48fffd3f_t.jpg

Edited by Garmadon

Count me in for an Octan Explorer. Will get a sig-fig up soon! Now to see if I have any Octan torsos!

The default avatars in each corps' thread are only examples. Every jobs are available to any corps. I left the cyborg there because it looked cool, but it's not a job.

We are corporations, so we don't have military forces... But we need to secure our resources, with guards and security forces :look:

You can use one of the default avatar and change it later. Your avatar should be a minifigure.

I was confused with the overall job that the Special Forces do. I just don't agree with it entirely, like the spying part. By all means, raiding other corporation ships would be awesome! I feel though that there should be a sort of "Colonial Marine" class who basically clears an area on a planet for an establishment, like a facility or resource extractor.

I figured I'd ask about that since I had the idea in mind of building a protagonist kind of like this and be known as a GOLIATH unit. If there is more leniency for that in the future, could it be possible I can do something like that if people are able to have a second character?

Also, if you do a scene where say you choose the Special Force class, are you able to build things like a ships if you raid them (for piracy) or going on a surface to guard something (so a type of structure with fauna and such in the area)?

I've seem to have lost my way... were is the link to the interactive Dyna Maps again?

I've seem to have lost my way... were is the link to the interactive Dyna Maps again?

Rules & FAQ

Rules & FAQ

Thank you kindly, if we ever on the same planet I will spare your life! XD

I was confused with the overall job that the Special Forces do. I just don't agree with it entirely, like the spying part. By all means, raiding other corporation ships would be awesome! I feel though that there should be a sort of "Colonial Marine" class who basically clears an area on a planet for an establishment, like a facility or resource extractor.

Yeah, I agree with this. To me, Special Forces is probably the hardest job to earn bonus points with. I remember reading somewhere that this isn't meant to be a war-like role-building game, but they have to be constantly spying or raiding opposing companies to get the same kind of extra points everyone else is.

I don't think creating a whole new job is necessary, but widening the Special Forces' abilities would help in my opinion... :wink:

The jobs are created to specialize your character and give you the opportunity to gain some extra rewards. I agree that in the beginning encounters with other corps are not likely, but you can choose to rob an alien merchant (piracy) for instance. Lots of opportunities. Be creative.