WhiteFang

76023: The Tumbler Discussion

14711776854_b6b91d79eb_b.jpg

76023 The Tumbler

Ages 16+. 1,869 pieces.

Build the awesome Tumbler from the Batman™ The Dark Knight Trilogy!

US $199.99 - CA $229.99 - DE 199.99€ - UK £159.99 - DK 1699.00 DKK

*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Take on the challenge of building The Tumbler, an amazingly cool LEGO® model of the iconic vehicle from the Batman™ The Dark Knight Trilogy. Construct this black armored vehicle highlighted with new color LEGO® elements and brand new LEGO front wheels. Check out the cool, detailed interior and adjustable top wings.

• Includes 2 minifigures: Batman™ and The Joker

• Features an armored exterior, adjustable top wings, detailed interior and huge rubber-tread racing tires

• Batman™ and The Joker minifigures are new and exclusive to this set!

• Model includes new LEGO® front wheels

• Includes a fact sheet about the Tumbler vehicle used in The Dark Knight Trilogy movies featuring Batman™

• The Tumbler measures over 5” (15cm) high, 15” (40cm) long and 9” (24cm) wide

Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning

September 2014 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone:

US Contact Center: 1-800-453-4652

CA (English) Contact Center: 1-800-453-4652

CA (French) Contact Center: 1-877-518-5346

European Contact Center: 00-800-5346-1111

LEGO, the LEGO logo and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2014 The LEGO Group. All rights reserved.

TM & © DC Comics.

More images

14711763494_5dda5e4962_o.jpg

14710976751_360c399f7b_o.jpg

14711763894_cc04aaf236_o.jpg

14713861282_a4f1905284_o.jpg

14734015303_05ac052ae6_o.jpg

14734014923_535e5da4d3_o.jpg

14711763174_177d622950_o.jpg

14691157566_33f138fe89_o.jpg

14713860362_ab1cfbb7d2_o.jpg

Video

It's a good build, the good news is that once it comes out, the parts list can hopefully guide someone to make a camo version easily!

I can't believe we are finally getting a Heath Ledger Joker, we have waited for him for six years!

I wonder if they are saving The Dark Knight version of Batman for a UCS Batpod, which would also use the new tyres. They've got to get some use out of that new tyre mould, am I right?.

Edited by Brickus

Quite an epic set for sure! It's just that judging from the video (and lack of mention in the written info) I'm getting the impression there's no steering! :sick:

I know Tumbler's front is challenging to make in LEGO form, especially if one wants steering there, not to mention how hard it could be to make such a mechanism durable and smoothly functioning enough at the same time. Still, for a vehicle model of THIS size, lack of steering seems to me an unforgivable omission. Even worse than the non-functioning landing gears and separately rotating wings in the UCS Imperial Shuttle.

I was interested in this at first sight, but if there's really no steering at all... :sceptic:

They released the dark knight Batman as a con exclusive a few years ago. That's why we received the dark bley recolor in the other day knight set. I doubt they will release another dark knight Batman. And I don't see a batpod being released as a UCS either. I think the tumbler is more iconic and after this Nolan-verse might be finished in lego.

I was interested in this at first sight, but if there's really no steering at all... :sceptic:

Unfortunately there is no steering and also no suspension :(

No steering ??? that's ridiculous on a model sold 220 EUROS (for France). They have molded new tires : why not a special steering part suited for this particular model ?

No steering ??? that's ridiculous on a model sold 220 EUROS (for France). They have molded new tires : why not a special steering part suited for this particular model ?

These were my thoughts exactly! If we could get it in Europe for regular $199 then I could live with no steering - but with 205+ euro - I do not think so.

Yup, I was also going to mention the lack of steering as what makes this a non-purchase for me. Without steering, why even bother with moving wheels?

£160 isn't bad and the minifigures are wicked so I am really considering picking this up. The one thing that downsides it is that you can't put batman or anyone in the vehicle as its not minifigure scale which makes it great to display but a bit useless for anything else like stop motion, play e.t.c. I think what might've served better is a detailed minifigure scale tumbler like seen in mocs by fans, alongside a nolan batcave with a spot for the bat and the computer screens and bits from TDKR and BB. Then if they had it so the batpod could eject from the tumbler and had it sort of a assault on the batcave type thing with Ras (neeson), Scarecrow and Joker (ledger) vs Batman (begins), Alfred (caine), Catwoman (Hathaway) and with Lucius fox. Just a thought as two figures for £160 is a bit underwhelming. I love the detail but a Ras, Lucius, Alfred and Catwoman would make it worth its price. I think I may get this as I always loved the tumbler its just a shame they didn't include more for your money.

This set is great but sadly I will have to pass on it because the size doesnt fit into my city.

So I showed the main picture of the tumbler to my wife to start to warm her up to the idea... Like I do with most expensive Lego sets. This was her comment... "At a quick glance it kinda just looks like a pile of unassembled black Lego." I looked at the pic and realized that she is kinda right.

No Suspension, no steering -> boring. Looks great on a shelf - but as a toy in that price range...

Hopefully the wheels/tires will be available separately.

@ Kermit: It should fit in the city. Being extra wide enables it to smash the villains on waiting on the sidewalks. :grin:

It sure looks nice but God, the price!!!

I would probably have bought it for half the price but €220 is just way too much for me. I guess I'll have to bricklink the minifigs.

So I showed the main picture of the tumbler to my wife to start to warm her up to the idea... Like I do with most expensive Lego sets. This was her comment... "At a quick glance it kinda just looks like a pile of unassembled black Lego." I looked at the pic and realized that she is kinda right.

Well to be fair, the Tumbler does look like a pile of scrap metal welded together... so I guess the set is accurate. :laugh:

real-tumbler.jpg

Edited by Elrond

well clearly it's a display set created for AFOLS or Batman fans... in that regard, i'd say it's pretty cool. I like the back side quite a lot, even though the rest of the model looks ... like a pile of black bricks... I was hoping for some hidden features though... after all, this is a BIG set, but it seems there's hardly anything there... the entire cockpit section isn't spectacular either, IMO...

I'd love to read a review of this set, but personally, I won't buy it...

I love this car! :))

A steering function would have been nice but I don't care. It is expensive but the price is normal for a licensed set with ~2000 pieces. And the minifigures are great!

Edited by Robert_88