Deafpilotboy

Vote Poll: Which do you prefer type of battery for power function LEGO

For Power Function Train, which do you prefer type of battery power function?

Both have it own pro and con....

Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box 8878

Or

Power Functions AAA Battery Box 88000

Not know the different in both battery? read on more below.

Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box 8878

It rechaged by plug into the wall input. very convince way to recharge it up. But the question is how long dose the battery cycle life span last in long term? If it ran out of cycle charging out, you have to buy the new one for retail value USD $49.99. Very easy to leave the battery in the lego train and just put wire in the train while charge without need take them part to replace it.

download1949B7F0D9EDF59BE12B86E73CB6A116.jpg

Power Functions AAA Battery Box 88000

The most cheaper battery pack retail value USD $12.99 that require you to put in 6 AAA battery, value of it may be reasonable if you use rechargeable AAA battery instead of disposable battery. For long term, you can have that one pack for life time and easy replace the old aaa battery for cheaper. But depend on the train lego, some will require you more time to take lego apart to pull out the battery AAA battery, recharge it, put back in LEGO train to play with it.

downloadE3C4B29CD0DBC84E3AE494871D0F8187.jpg

Edited by Deafpilotboy

If you're going to do a poll like this - some non-official poll, do it on EB, don't offer me a blind link to follow.

I prefer the AAA battery box for several reasons: mainly cost and the ability to quickly change batteries without having to wait to recharge.

You can always use rechargeable AAA batteries if it's important to you... and it would still cost less than the LEGO option.

My Mommy told me not to click on strange links. :wink:

I prefer AAA box. I may change my mind if I start running my trains at events.

Thank you for respond to vote, I use www.poll-maker.com to create a free poll and i tried embed the widget code on the post and it come up into code look like this....

[color=rgb(255,255,255)][font=Arial][size=3][b][background=rgb(44,44,44)]

Which do you prefer type of battery for power function LEGO train?[/background][/b][/size][/font][/color]	
[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=3]
Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box 8878[/size][/font][/color]	[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=3]
Power Functions AAA Battery Box 88000[/size][/font][/color]		
[url="#"][/url][url="#"][/url]	[url="http://www.poll-maker.com"]free poll maker[/url]

Any suggest to fix the poll widget code without need blind link to get it work?

I'd say the AAA box as well. As its cheaper, and, as Fred67 mentioned, you can use rechargeable AAA batteries. (Found a charger for $29.99 including batteries. :wink:)

Another point to note, is that the power LED is in a different location on the rechargeable battery pack. The trains I have seen, are designed with the AAA pack in mind, which means the rechargeable power LED doesn't match up with the switch assembly, making it difficult to tell if it's switched on.

There are also a couple of considerations not mentioned.

- There is also a weight difference

- That you need to also purchase the charger for the rechargeable one - another £20 in UK, probably $30 US?

However, I prefer a third solution. A non-purist one. A rechargeable 9V battery and a cheap battery connector connected to a cut-up lego extension cable. It's light, it's small, it's easy to have a spare charged up ready. If you want to make it compatible with the other boxes, you can even build a 4x8x4 box to put it in. You can also easily add a switch and an LED if they matter to you.