Welcome everybody :)

Today I’d like to present my new MOC, which was built especially for a contest on LugPol.

Porsche 918 Spyder

dsc_0406.jpg

Specifications:

Scale 1:10

Length 58s / width 27s / height 13s (46,4/21,6/10,4 cm)

Weight: 1800 g

Independent suspension

4 steered wheels

4 wheel drive

Functions:

Driving (RC)

Steering (Servo)

Tilting spoiler during turning

V8 dummy

LED headlights

Openable mask, bonnet and doors

History

I started the building of the model 2 weeks ago. In the first week I created the chassis and in the second week the body.

The main goal was to build a sports car driven by RC motor with four wheel drive. I was watching different car models, I wanted to build a Lamborghini, but at the Brickshelf there are lots of them. So I decided to build Porsche 918 Spyder, which, similarly as new 911, has 4 wheel steered. The contest assumed that you can use only 2 motors. So to the maximum use of motors I decided to built a spoiler which works like the Pagani Huayra’s one – during turning one side of the spoiler goes up, e.g. the car turn left and the left side of spoiler goes up.

Driving

Porsche is driven by single RC motor from the slower output with ratio 5,5:1. There are driven four wheels using three diffrentials.

naped.jpeg_thumb.jpg

Steering

To steer I used servo motor. There are two steered axles: the first with ratio 1:1 and second with 2,8:1. To the axle responsible for steering of the rear wheels there is a connection to the spoiler which goes up during turning.

skret1.jpeg_thumb.jpgskret1.png_thumb.jpg

Suspension

The independent suspension is based on the Lego arms. On each front wheel there is one spring from the yellow absorber 6,5L and a rubber band connected to the arms. In the rear wheels for depreciation there is used one yellow absorber 6,5L for each wheel.

dsc_0423.jpg_thumb.jpgdsc_0424.jpg_thumb.jpg

Some photos

dsc_04060.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc_04061.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc_04062.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc_0413.jpg_thumb.jpg

dsc_0411.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc_0410.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc_0416.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc_0408.jpg_thumb.jpg

Gallery

Not bad :) I would suggest you to move the spring closer to the center of the suspension arms, to reduce friction.

Awesome for a 2 weeks work :thumbup: . I just noticed, I used the same doors for my Huayra two years ago :thumbup: .

Edited by jorgeopesi

That's a very nice model. :thumbup:

And you made in in 2 weeks... really quick :tongue:

Wow, great build! I love the streamlined feel of it, looks just like the real thing! I love Porsches, so this is awesome for me. Great work!

Very Nice Job..!!!

Have you had any issues with the Bevel gear from the motor skipping off of the Bevel gear from the center differential..?

I would suggest you to move the spring closer to the center of the suspension arms, to reduce friction.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will use it in my next MOCs.

I just noticed, I used the same doors for my Huayra two years ago

Actually, I didn't know about it :)

Have you had any issues with the Bevel gear from the motor skipping off of the Bevel gear from the center differential..?

No, I haven't. The differential is located in the frame 5x7 and there are two bevel gears in both sides of the differential.

Thank you all for your nice words :)