Sign in to follow this  
mrfuture

Slow response when typing

I have a strange problem wnen writing a new post on the forum. When i type it skip letters. I have foumd that if i type very slow i can get every letter. Looks this happen on my laptop. Its like typing on a very old compter.I only have this problem at EB. Its a bit annoing. You start type normal and find out that only a few letters of what you typed has been registred. Im not a fast typer. But it only with EB I have this problem.

What browser do you use? Try a different browser first, like Chrome, so you can test if this is a software issue or not.

If this is a browser related issue, there are a lot of things that can cause this, like outdated plugins (Flash, java, Silverlight), or add ons like an adblocker.

I have exactly the same problem in the normal edit mode of the reply box. And it can start after I copy and paste something or cut something from my post, preview the post and then go back to editting. Its rather strange. I find that if I toggle the edit mode to plain text (silver plate button in the top left corner of the text controls) then the problem goes away entirely.

I will agree that is it very annoying when it happens and that this is the only board it happens to me on.

I have exactly the same problem in the normal edit mode of the reply box. And it can start after I copy and paste something or cut something from my post, preview the post and then go back to editting. Its rather strange. I find that if I toggle the edit mode to plain text (silver plate button in the top left corner of the text controls) then the problem goes away entirely.

I will agree that is it very annoying when it happens and that this is the only board it happens to me on.

Do you happen to use the Internet Explorer? Because that sounds similar to the stuff discussed here. It seems as if the IP.Board software and the IE still do not get along well.

Yes I do run Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7.

But I may think as Rollermonkey says that it could relate to the Antivirus or other background running programs. Since now I started to type is message it was OK but just now t have started again. But last time it got better after a while. I just saw my processor usage hit 70 something % But It fall and it got better.

Yes it is when I'm on a computer running IE that I have the skipping every other letter problem and not able to use a carriage return. When I'm on my desktop and using Firefox I am fine.

That happened to me when I used AOL, I switched over to Google Chrome it worked fine. Hope this helps.

Cara, I have also the carriage return problem. But this happen on my work computer and computers at home. The slowdown happends on only one. I want to know the specs of the computers that have the slowdowns. I suspect that there are computers that are just within limit to run Windows 7 that get this problem ?

I run IE on Windows 8 and have the exact same problem. Nearly every time I type a reply, I have to type extremely slowly to make sure that it recognizes each keystroke.

The computer I have typing problem with has windows 7 IE 11 and 4 GB ram and 2 Ghz CPU

Sithewok. Is this close to what you have ? beside the windows and IE?

I had this problem with IE on Win 8.1 but only on Facebook, I just changed to Firefox and never had a problem again.

I had this problem when using Internet Explorer but I switched to Google Chrome and I don't get this anymore.

I some times get this "weird jumping around" when I type stuff out. I am using "Google Chrome" but, it is not that big of a deal to me.