Paul Boratko

Thoughts on the new wheels/tires in the UCS Batman Tumbler

OMG.... :wub::wub::wub:

New half connectors holding the wheel hub too. nice.

Doesn't look like it steers tho.

Shame its on those wheels tho! Lets not forget those wheels spin inside the tire like mad!

They look amazing on the tumbler, but are a little too wide in my opinion, good for F1. :grin:

Those wheels are in a new size, too: 81.6x44

Do NOT go to the Licensed forum right now if you want more info on this.

They've blown up like 7 pages already on this today.

Dang, those wheels look awesome! :moar: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost certain that they're actually for smaller rims than the Unimog tyres.

The tyre walls are thick and the tyres themselves are wide, but I don't think they're going to be replacement for power pullers, might be good for the F1 like Paul said :P

-Junpei

Jimco-Trophy-Truck-Julson-1060x508.jpg

And deff too wide for a trophy truck. :cry_sad:

Those wheels are in a new size, too: 81.6x44

Thats true, probably will be a tighter fit!!!

Dang, those wheels look awesome! :moar: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost certain that they're actually for smaller rims than the Unimog tyres.

The tyre walls are thick and the tyres themselves are wide, but I don't think they're going to be replacement for power pullers, might be good for the F1 like Paul said :P

-Junpei

Yes you are correct. :)

Those wheels are awesome. What a coincidence, I just started to build a tumbler (And I'm using Unimog wheels too.)

I love to see so many responses to this topic, it means that I am not the only one who doesn´t use third party tyres or pieces :laugh: .

I hope TLG will release a regular technic set with those front tires somewhere in 2015 - otherwise they will be crazy expensive on BL.

True. My best guess is that TLG will release a new Technic set with these wheels. Would be a real shame if they didn't. And I see no reason why not.

This set is really awesome. I would have liked actual steering and suspension, but there will probably be a modded "Ultimate UCS Tumbler" at some point :laugh:

I reckon these wheels will be exclusive to the Tumbler and will probably be licensed, so you won't be able to buy them separately.

I reckon these wheels will be exclusive to the Tumbler and will probably be licensed, so you won't be able to buy them separately.

Why do you think they will be exclusive? To boost sales?

Wouldn't it make more sense that these tires will be used in other (Technic) sets as well?

I NEED THIS!!! Man i am going to be poor when this comes out :( Need to stock up on noodles! :P

Those front tires would look nice for a 3 wheel ATV. I imagine they would use those front tires in other sets to justify the ROI on the new moulds.

Just my luck, I bought 4 unimog tires today thinking they could be used for a large tumbler MOC. Then I got home and saw this on EB front page. :-(

Why do you think they will be exclusive? To boost sales?

Wouldn't it make more sense that these tires will be used in other (Technic) sets as well?

Because they are modelled off the ones from the movie.

Edited by Brickus

Because they are modelled of the ones from the movie.

Maybe they are, but that still doesn't mean that they can't be used for other vehicles as well. So maybe you are right, but from a Business Economic perspective it makes more sense that TLG will be "re-using" these wheels/tires.

I certainly do hope they will be used in other Technic sets, just like the Unimog wheels.

I too like the new wheels, and i am pretty sure they will use it again, i don't think Lego is willing to make a mold just for one set. Like Jim said, it just doesn't worth the money to do the molds for only one set.

Too bad the set does not seem to ahve steering or suspension, which IMO should have at that scale.

...ok kids are getting this for christmas, and the wife too - one only, for all of them but only I get to build it and play with it.... that will work wont it?

though the fake suspension at the back and apparently no HOG so no steering?

may be a no-no, though a challenge for MOCing

Edited by Rockbrick

I NEED THIS!!! What will probably be the price of this set?

Edited by Black-Build

@scooby136, these tires are definitely used on tractors, when they are used to drive and work on grass :)

6093__2.jpg

These new tyres might also be useful to build a old-school muscle car. You know, like those muscle cars with the balloony rear tyres.

Like this Dodge Charger:

1969_dodge_charger-pic-43937.jpeg