Paul Boratko

Thoughts on the new wheels/tires in the UCS Batman Tumbler

I guess I will not be buying one. Just called my local store, none in stock. Online, no longer available in USA. This is stupid.

That is really stupid. They don't even say if it'll ever be back in stock. I was looking forward to getting one in December

"We apologize, but this item is not currently available on shop.LEGO.com. Limited quantities may be available in October in LEGO Stores".

So I read this as, no online sales, good luck getting one in your store. I am not even sure if now I want it even more because I cannot get one at the retail price. :hmpf_bad:

I can't wait to get the new tyre and curve it into a realistic motorcycle tyre by squishing it onto another rim!

What the heck is with TLG and the artificial scarcity of high demand models this year? I mean they don't profit if some guy on eBay sells one at 200% of retail...

I can't wait to get the new tyre and curve it into a realistic motorcycle tyre by squishing it onto another rim!

sounds interesting...

What the heck is with TLG and the artificial scarcity of high demand models this year? I mean they don't profit if some guy on eBay sells one at 200% of retail...

Yeah it's pissing quite a few people off. TLG is playing nicely into the hands of resellers this way.

Yeah it's pissing quite a few people off. TLG is playing nicely into the hands of resellers this way.

For what benefit?

There's not necessarily a benefit, it's just a logical consequence of TLG limiting the amount of copies produced.

They changed the page on the US S@H site and it now reads:

We apologize, but this item will not be available on shop.LEGO.com for the remainder of 2014. Limited quantities may be available in October in LEGO Stores

What a bunch of BS! The nearest LEGO store is 90 miles away from me and they don't even have any left. I have $200 ready to spend but because of someones failure to recognize the popularity of this set, I am essentially being told to sod off.

Lego needs to start considering offering preorders (for very limited quantities).

Also, it's still available at EU S@H sites, but it ships 4-11.

Edited by jantjeuh

This past tuesday my local store was to get a shipment. Well power was out at the mall half the day so their shipment was delayed for wednesday. I called Wednesday and all they got was 4 and sold them all right off the truck. One sales rep said yes we can hold one for you another sales rep said we cannot hold limited production models. One said shipments are tuesday another one said wednesday. Bunch of BS.

On Wednesday, I finally actually saw a Tumbler in the local store. Actually, I saw two. Both were on the way out the door with two different parties.

Fortunately I had better luck on Friday, and picked it up on the last day of double-points. I'm building it now and just finished the bags #1. The new tires are VERY cool. I may have to order another pair or two to MOC with in the future.

Flipping through the instructions, (5 books!) it actually looks like this uses even more Technic than even Star Wars UCS sets.

Edited by rollermonkey

I finally got one a couple weeks ago at my local store. For a display model nothing else compares. I had more fun building this set then some 100% Technic sets. The new wheels are nice although I am not sure if they fall into any actual scale for MOC'ing. The frame / chassis is extremely rigid. The way you achieve the angles is magnificent with the use of system parts.

I guess I will not be buying one. Just called my local store, none in stock. Online, no longer available in USA. This is stupid.

I have one available on my bricklink store if you are interested.

Here are the pictures as promised.

tumbler_tires_1.jpg

tumbler_tires_2.jpg

tumbler_tires_3.jpg

They are a little wider due to the inside diameter a little small. But I like the results.

Dang it! This is exactly what I was planning on doing to mine when I get it. Still going to. I will also post pics when it is done. Do you have pics of the actual whole model done? With the upgraded tires?