Hello you guys!

My name is Ahmed El Shobaki, 25 years old, originally from Palestine, born and raised in Stockholm, Sweden. I've been reading through the topics for a while now in the Technic Mindstorms etc. section which led me to start a project of my own. After being inspired by very famous technic builders, namely Paul Boratko aka Crowkillers, Nathanael aka NK as well as Sheepo, I felt interested in building something extraordinary. Currently, I'm studying to become a MSc. Engineer in Advanced machine design at RIT, Stockholm where I only have some courses left before I get my degree. Enough said about me for now :wink:

My project is about designing a smooth, great looking car as the fellow builders which previously were mentioned build, but I want it to be multifunctional. So I stated some criterias for the car to feature:

• Realistic suspension and steering (camber, caster, ackermann, multilink etc.)
  • Front wheel driven by PF
  • PF operated steering of wheels and steering wheel
  • Remote controlled
  • Fully mechanical automatic transmission.
  • Pneumatic controlled doors with onbord compressor and remote controlled valve (open/close)
  • PF Lights
  • Two-seater
  • Last but not least, easy access to batterybox as well as other functions like e.g. openable boot and hood.

Three days ago, I learned how to use SR3D and now I'm almost halfway through with my model. I haven't built the model IRL, so the project can be either a real success when I finally build it or a complete failure hahahaha :laugh: This is due to my regular work in the university where I'm an experienced CAD-designer and design stuff first in CAD before I manufacture something.

I will post images of the building process and I hope that you'll like what you'll see.

- MSc Shobaki

Some WIP images:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zkvp9a2tj3447os/AACc-ffpXP16P-lY06Y450Hea?m=

Edited by MSc Shobaki

Looks not bad, but why aren't you using the newer panels instead of the old ones. You say front wheel driven, but on your images i also can see a diff in the back, don't you mean 4wd?

Looks not bad, but why aren't you using the newer panels instead of the old ones. You say front wheel driven, but on your images i also can see a diff in the back, don't you mean 4wd?

Since I do not have that many of the new panels in red, I thought of using the old ones from 8448, the Enzo and the smaller Ferrari F1. It isnt really clear from the images I linked to, but I do use a pair of the medium panels right below the "gills".

As I started to design a new car, my goal was initialy to have 4WD or RWD. But as I started with the automatic tranny, I forgot to remove the rear differential and pinion gear due to the transmission which has the input and output on the same side.

In the future images, the model will be brushed up and cleaned from unnecessary parts.

Edited by MSc Shobaki