check out;

But, there's a maximum of 7 images, up to 700 x 200 pixels in size.
Although I used a third party widget for it myself. :wink:

Wish we could see 'BB code' again, made it much easier for me to post pic's and stuff without the 'Rich Text Editor'.

7 hours ago, -zenn said:

check out;

But, there's a maximum of 7 images, up to 700 x 200 pixels in size.
Although I used a third party widget for it myself. :wink:

Wish we could see 'BB code' again, made it much easier for me to post pic's and stuff without the 'Rich Text Editor'.

Thanks! I found this tutorial and figured it out! I used the bb code, click the share button and you should see an option for it.

20 hours ago, prepmaster said:

ya... I'm stuck as well...

If you follow the tutorial it isn't to difficult. I was surprised how simple it actually was! :)

I've been clicking the download icon in Flickr (looks like a down arrow), right clicking on the link for the size I want, copying the link url, and pasting it straight into my posts. It usually auto-converts the image url into an embedded image.

I normally find that just clicking on an image and then clicking the 'Share' arrow gives me a link with 4 tabs (Share, Embed, Email, BBCode). The first one is just 'share'. I paste that link into the box:

LEGO TANTIVE IV CREW PHOTO

After a second or two the photo loads in and you don't get the text after the image appears.

Edit: I found the solution, Flickr doesn´t create BB Codes when the picture is in an Photostream. You have to put them into an album, and then you get all option to share,

Edited by Steinbeisserheld

Hello,

I am desperately trying to add pictures from Flickr...

I used to add my pictures from another website (without problems), but that´s not possible anymore. So I want to use flickr.

Well, the flickr and the eurobricks options doesn´t look this way anymore, but that´s no problem. The problem is, it simply doesn´t work. Maybe Someone can help?

1. the share button at flickr.

2. BBCode (+picture size)                 (I tested all sizes)

3. copy

4. "insert other media" in your eurobricks post

5. "insert image from URL"

6. paste the code

and... nothing happens!?

I would be very grateful if someone could help!

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

You jsut have to copy the BBCode from Flickr and paste it directly in the message here on EB.

32709726997_b33b382a48_c.jpg

(Test)

2 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

You jsut have to copy the BBCode from Flickr and paste it directly in the message here on EB.

Thanks a lot!! I hope this works for my new topic, too. :wink:

Edited by Actionfigure

So, I can’t log in to Flickr because it isn’t the password that I remembered(I’m the weirdo who uses the same password for multiple forums). And the only option to “forgot your password” is an email account that isn’t even used anymore. Tried calling Yahoo, they can’t help because I don’t have a normal computer at the moment. 

Aside from creating a new account, am I screwed from accessing & posting pictures here?

16 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

So, I can’t log in to Flickr because it isn’t the password that I remembered(I’m the weirdo who uses the same password for multiple forums). And the only option to “forgot your password” is an email account that isn’t even used anymore. Tried calling Yahoo, they can’t help because I don’t have a normal computer at the moment. 

Aside from creating a new account, am I screwed from accessing & posting pictures here?

I, whenever I encounter such a problem, spam almost every password I know one by one trying different capitalizations, spelling, etcIf you do end up solving the issue, a useful application to look into is LastPass. It stores your usernames and passwords so you don't have to remember them. Worst case scenario, is that you have to create a new account. I hope it works out for you!

Edited by legostarwars1425

3 minutes ago, legostarwars1425 said:

I, whenever I encounter such a problem, spam almost every password I know one by one, trying different capitalizations, etcIf you do end up solving the issue, a useful application to look into is LastPass. It stores your usernames and passwords so you don't have to remember them. Worst case scenario, is that you have to create a new account. I hope it works out for you!

I have a terrible memory(why I stick to one password:tongue:). My iPad has that “save password for this site” feature. If I can get my Flickr back, I’ll definitely use it. I’ll have to dig around & see if have  old passwords written down somewhere....

Just now, Vindicare said:

I have a terrible memory(why I stick to one password:tongue:). My iPad has that “save password for this site” feature. If I can get my Flickr back, I’ll definitely use it. I’ll have to dig around & see if have  old passwords written down somewhere....

I don't have the best memory either. I use an iPad as well, but mine is so ancient that it doesn't have the "save password for this site" feature:wacko:. I hope you get your account back. I've been there. Cheers!

This seems to work when replying in a thread (like this one), but when I try to add images on a brand new post, when i click on the preview i see nothing

On 6/3/2021 at 7:53 PM, sxavalentine said:

This seems to work when replying in a thread (like this one), but when I try to add images on a brand new post, when i click on the preview i see nothing

This is a very old thread with old information. We don't use BB Code anymore. Simply right click and copy the source url of the image and paste it into your post. The image will be embedded automatically.   

Capture2.PNG

On 6/14/2021 at 10:28 PM, Darkdragon said:

This is a very old thread with old information. We don't use BB Code anymore. Simply right click and copy the source url of the image and paste it into your post. The image will be embedded automatically.  

But how do you turn the image into a link to the actual Flickr page? I tried creating a link from the Flickr page as URL and using the image link as Link Text, but that will simply show the image link as text rather than as an image. All I really want to do is create a link to a Flickr page using a specific sized version of the image, but it's a bit hard to find satisfying information how to achieve that (especially since the post preview seem broken too and simply shows nothing).

14 minutes ago, Rauy said:

All I really want to do is create a link to a Flickr page using a specific sized version of the image,

That is not something Flickr supports.  The Flickr page will size the image based on the browser size, you can't control what size that image is displayed as. To get to that link you can simply go to the Flickr page you want to link to and copy the URL and paste that as a link into your post.

You can go to the "view all sizes" and click the one you want and right click the image to grab the deep link url for that image, paste that into your post as a link or as an image, but it will just be the image not the Flickr page.

I don't need Flickr to support it. I already know how to get the URL of a specifically sized image. All I really need is have Eurobricks show an image (the one I get using your described "show all sizes" approach) but have it be a link (to anywhere really, but in this case to a Flickr page). I don't think it really has to do anything with Flickr, it's more a general question of how to get Eurobricks show an image that is a link to an external page. I don't know if that's a dumb question (I feel it is, because that seems a rather basic thing to do), but I just can't get it figured out from the controls I see above the post. Yet I definitely have seen others use images as links in their posts.

On 12/19/2021 at 4:10 PM, Rauy said:

I don't need Flickr to support it. I already know how to get the URL of a specifically sized image. All I really need is have Eurobricks show an image (the one I get using your described "show all sizes" approach) but have it be a link (to anywhere really, but in this case to a Flickr page). I don't think it really has to do anything with Flickr, it's more a general question of how to get Eurobricks show an image that is a link to an external page. I don't know if that's a dumb question (I feel it is, because that seems a rather basic thing to do), but I just can't get it figured out from the controls I see above the post. Yet I definitely have seen others use images as links in their posts.

Ah I see, it was a misunderstanding.  

When you paste the image URL into your post, at the bottom of the editing window you will see some text "Display as a link instead" and if you click that it will change it from an embedded image to a link to that image.

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 8.43.53 AM.png

On 12/29/2021 at 3:44 PM, Darkdragon said:

Ah I see, it was a misunderstanding.  

When you paste the image URL into your post, at the bottom of the editing window you will see some text "Display as a link instead" and if you click that it will change it from an embedded image to a link to that image.

Sorry for the late reply, but I do actually need to display the image embedded as an image, not as a link. However, I need the image to be a link to a different page. So I need to display an image (from an external URL, but an actual image) that when you click on it leads you to another site. This way I could use whatever scaled down version of the image in the Eurobricks post but still have it link to whatever external site I want (in this case the actual Flickr page of said image, but any site really). Basically I need an image to be a clickable link, independent of where the image comes from or the link leads to. But I gather that might just not be possible on Eurobricks.

19 hours ago, Rauy said:

Basically I need an image to be a clickable link, independent of where the image comes from or the link leads to. But I gather that might just not be possible on Eurobricks.

In that case: You still need to choose the image size you want from the "download image - All Sizes" section (In photostream, there is the download button). Once that image size is selected you can copy and paste the URL into your post. The forum software should deal with displaying the image.

Once you can view the image in your post, double click the image and a dialogue box will open up. That box has an option to paste a link to wherever.

50598819432_0666103d19_n.jpg

Click that and as you can see, it is not a link to the larger image (thought it does send you to a song so careful with the sound!) If you are on a phone, I will have a poke about to check how it works or if it works differently. 

3005f2.png

Edit: nope, double tap the picture and the box appears. It is just more of a pain to get an image URL to paste in for the picture to appear. 

14 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Once you can view the image in your post, double click the image and a dialogue box will open up. That box has an option to paste a link to wherever.

Thanks a lot! That was it indeed, finally works now.