how comes it won't let me post images from google+, I have tried many times, I have used up my attatched image space as well. I'm entering the TC6 contest and I can't post final pictures to enter the entry post topic. I've tried making a flickr account, but it requests a yahoo email and I'm not prepared to make one for any circumstances, I'm only going to stick to my first email. Copy and pasting never worked, it just shows a load of **** codes, even if I copy the image url, eurobricks then tells me that 'I'm not allowed to use that image exstention on this community'. This is ridiculously useless if I can't even copy and paste a picture, which is a basic criteria and use that ALL FORUMS on the internet MUST HAVE, otherwise there is no point in having a forum If I can't copy and paste something to share with others. Utterly ridiculed.

Eurobricks is set up so you put the image URL between [image] and [/image] tags. Could you give an example of a URL with a prohibited image extension?

As for Flickr itself, it's a Yahoo service. Of course it wants you to have a Yahoo email address to set up the account. That doesn't mean you have to *use* that e-mail address, though. I have my Flickr account that has some arcane email address, but I only use my (regular) personal address and my university email address. You could do the same.

The URL doesn't *have* an image extension - I imagine that's why the board won't allow it. If I post an image like this:

pirate11.png

it clearly has a .png at the end of the URL. If you are dead set on not making another email address, you could try Brickshelf instead.

Ok thank you, that was great help. I managed to make a brickshelf acount, and I tested posting pictures on eurobricks and it works. Thank you, I was just worried that I wouldn't be able to share finished pictures of my moc.

I am now having issues with posting pictures. Basically, nothing happens when I try to copy or paste the BBCode or image into the Eurobricks comment box. Any thoughts?

Edited by ecmo47

I think I solved my own problem. The issue seems to lie with using Explorer as the browser. I switched to Google Chrome and was able to copy the BBCode into Eurobricks just fine.

That would have been my first question! IE and Invision, which the board runs on, do not co-operate.

When I go to post a picture from flicker only the link appears not the picture. I believe this has to do with me not using the bb code but I don't see the option to pick it. My flicker doesn't give me the option to change the codes. Can someone help?

When I go to post a picture from flicker only the link appears not the picture. I believe this has to do with me not using the bb code but I don't see the option to pick it. My flicker doesn't give me the option to change the codes. Can someone help?

do you use a mobile device? because then you don't have the option.

So I noticed that on flickr, the share button no longer allows for you to choose the BBC code, it only gives you the url box and the option to share to social media sites (Facebook and what not). Please help!

So I noticed that on flickr, the share button no longer allows for you to choose the BBC code, it only gives you the url box and the option to share to social media sites (Facebook and what not). Please help!

Check your flickr permissions settings. The BBCode option is available for my flickr pics.

screenshot_zpsmgulmbw0.jpg

I agree with dr spock, neither my download or share buttons on flickr produce the options described in the tutorials. They offer only social media (for 'share') or a download to my own pc (for download). I have played with all the privacy settings to no avail; are tthere permissions settings I am missing? Or does the tutorial need up dating to cope with recent changes to flickr?

Many thanks,

Fuzzy

Sorry, I meant I agree with Freddy Bricker. Perhaps dr spock can offer an entirely logical solution?

Are you trying to share when you’re in your photostream or when you’re just looking at one picture?

When I’m in my photostream I have the option to share to social media or via email. Once I select a picture, the options for sharing are Share (to social media), Embed, Email and BBCode

Thanks Puvel, that is the solution! You need to be on your photstream and have the picture on public settings. If you are on Camera Roll, as I was, it doesn't work.

Got a few issues/questions...new to Flickr. I have checked it on my laptop, iPhone, & iPad. They all have different results. Why is that?

My laptop, which has Internet Explorer has: profile picture & header picture. It does not have anything on the Camera Roll, Photostream, or Album.

My iPad, which is Safari, has default profile picture with a different header picture. It has nothing in the Camera Roll or album. It does have most in the Photostream.

Then my iPhone(which I loaded all pictures from as they were already on the phone) has the default profile picture & same header as iPad. It has all pictures in the Camera Roll & Photostream. The Album has 1 picture(I may not have loaded them on there right...still tinkering a bit).

Why does it not look the same on each device though?

Well, I got that figured out...

25795475774_a5bff368b9_z.jpgphoto by Travis Runyan, on Flickr

Edited by Vindicare

I've spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out how to add pictures from my Flickr to my signature... Does anyone know how to do it? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

I'm stuck. I don't see a BB code option and the URL isn't working...

3 minutes ago, prepmaster said:

I'm stuck. I don't see a BB code option and the URL isn't working...

Nevermind, I see now that I had to take the pictures from uploaded into camera roll to being part of an album. That let me start sharing using BBcode.