Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hannibal Joost

New fort + Islanders + pirate ship display

[pid][/pid] 252B

This is a small exhibition I've done in a Toys shop near me.

The soldier fort is in the first state, since I plan to do the upper part in a different way.

14399334658_2975ec75ac.jpg

20140705 • Pic Wic • Villeneuve d’Ascq • Lego Pirates par Hannibal Joost, sur Flickr

The Island is small, but it's another way to display Islanders people and to create a moai.

14606048993_cbbb953427.jpg

20140705 • Pic Wic • Villeneuve d’Ascq • Lego Pirates par Hannibal Joost, sur Flickr

The first ship is the Imperial Flagship, the other one is my Brickbeard's Shadow of the 7 Seas previously displayed.

14399246340_32bf8f949d.jpg

More pictures in this Flickr album :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/98749353@N05/sets/72157645126079229/with/14399350960/

Hi Hannibal,

I do like your little Islander island. The head out of stone is great. Never the less I think your fort is very good, too. And I can understand why you got only 2 comments?????

I think the portarea is one of the best I have ever seen. The only thing I don´t like are soldiers without epaulettespirate_pirate_angry.gif . But thats only my opinion.pirate_laugh_new.gif

Thank you for your comment, Matthias. I think it's not the good period to post, due to vacation ;)

I have worked hard to build this first version of the fort/port!

And... I have to find a way to get many epaulettes :)

Bonjour Captain Joost,

Matthias is right: good work deserves more than two comments!

So, here we go.

I looked at your pictures on flickr and they are great! The Maoi is perfectly fine (I like this stuff!). pirate_laugh2.gif

Great work on the rocks too and - last not least - using a non-90-degree approach for the fort. Well done! pirate_satisfied.gif

Brick on!

Guten Tag Captain Braunsfeld :),

Great work on the rocks too and - last not least - using a non-90-degree approach for the fort. Well done! pirate_satisfied.gif

Thank you! The Maoi and island was a small challenge (building an Island in one hour to put the Islanders on it for the show).

That's the point! In fact, some angles "doesn't exist" with LEGO Brick. That's the case with the angle at the left of the main door. I forced the diltatation of the bricks to attach everything together.

Thanks for you comments.

This is a very impressive display! The soldiers fort looks awesome and it towers over everything else in a very intimidating way. Kudos to you for your hard work