Sign in to follow this  
DavidJSevern

UK AFOLs Facebook Group

Hi all,

I hope this isn't breaking and advertising rule or anything, but I just wanted to make people aware of a Facebook group I've set up for AFOLs in the UK. I've searched Facebook for a group to join but couldn't find one, so figured I'd set one up! I'm hoping to be able to discuss upcoming events, maybe organise a few meet ups, and get people to post pictures to the group!

The link is below:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/748875395155515/

Again, sorry if this breaks any of the EuroBricks rules, but I think a little UK community would be nice!

...I'm hoping to be able to discuss upcoming events, maybe organise a few meet ups, and get people to post pictures to the group...

I know this will be a good idea for some but personally speaking I can't see what a Facebook group for UK AFOL's would do that Eurobricks doesn't.

I admit that my veiws might be clouded by my (some say unhealthy :classic:) dislike of Facebook. Some people love FB and that's all fine and dandy, each to their own, but Eurobricks provides all the news, views and help I need, so I'm very happy to stick around here. :sweet:

Having said all that, I genuinely wish you luck with the group and hope it's everything you, and those who join, hope it to be :thumbup:

Edited by grum64

I know this will be a good idea for some but personally speaking I can't see what a Facebook group for UK AFOL's would do that Eurobricks doesn't.

I admit that my veiws might be clouded by my (some say unhealthy :classic:) dislike of Facebook. Some people love FB and that's all fine and dandy, each to their own, but Eurobricks provides all the news, views and help I need, so I'm very happy to stick around here. :sweet:

Having said all that, I genuinely wish you luck with the group and hope it's everything you, and those who join, hope it to be :thumbup:

Hi,

I was thinking about Eurobricks, it's always the site I come to first when I switch my computer on and I find it a very good source of news and MOCs (without wanting to sound like an advertisement!) but I know a lot of people don't come on here, whereas the majority of people (except yourself!) go on Facebook quite regularly and use it for a primary source of news.

Maybe the group won't take off, but the members are slowly coming in and hopefully if will act as a primary Facebook place for people to discuss upcoming events and the like.

I'll always come to Eurobricks for the MOCs, as it is simply second to none for those, whereas Facebook wouldn't really give the option of uploading such detailed paragraphs about the MOCs, just a picture or two.

Hi,

I was thinking about Eurobricks, it's always the site I come to first when I switch my computer on and I find it a very good source of news and MOCs (without wanting to sound like an advertisement!) but I know a lot of people don't come on here, whereas the majority of people (except yourself!) go on Facebook quite regularly and use it for a primary source of news.

Maybe the group won't take off, but the members are slowly coming in and hopefully if will act as a primary Facebook place for people to discuss upcoming events and the like.

I'll always come to Eurobricks for the MOCs, as it is simply second to none for those, whereas Facebook wouldn't really give the option of uploading such detailed paragraphs about the MOCs, just a picture or two.

I hope you didn't misunderstand my comments.

I think setting up this Facebook group is a great idea and wish you every success with it. After all, the more people that get into, talk about and build Lego the better.

I hope you didn't misunderstand my comments.

I think setting up this Facebook group is a great idea and wish you every success with it. After all, the more people that get into, talk about and build Lego the better.

Nope, dont worry, I definitely didnt misunderstand :)

I agree with everything you said, I just thought it would be nice to have a group on facebook - it seems to be neglected a lot on the AFOL front unfortunately!

Thanks for putting my mind to rest.

I've told several of my Lego minded friends who 'inhabit' Facebook about your group. They all think the idea's great and are going to sign up, join, give some secret digital handshake or whatever it is you Facebook types do :classic: