just2good

2015 The LEGO Movie rumors and discussion

Well this is exciting :classic: :

Batman%202015.jpg

A new LEGO Movie January 2015 set?

Chris Miller tweeted the above image on his official Twitter feed, which shows the Batmobile design as featured in the Movie. I've checked - as far as I can see it's identical to the on-screen version, although I haven't done an in-depth comparison yet.

Hopefully we aren't looking at a fan or custom built creation, and instead this image hints at a second (third? if we include the Sad Kitty Comic Con leaked image) confirmed Movie themed 2015 set release.

If so, this'll be the third Batman figure from the Movie line-up. It remains to be seen if it can transform into the Batwing. Unlikely in my opinion, as that contains a much higher piece count.

I'm not a massive Batman fan, but definitely a Movie theme completionist, so this will be a must buy for me if it is a legitimate upcoming release.

If anyone can offer detailed comparison images to the on-screen LEGO Movie version, please feel free do so. If not I'll endeavour to upload something tonight when I'm back from work.

Edited by booh88

^ I think it very unlikly as I dont think we would have seen batman in a small set if they were making this one, also it does look big and we also have a big d2c batman car coming so can't see us getting another.

Yeah, I think that's just a model made for the movie, but not an official set. Just meant to parody the first Batfleck picture.

The double decker couch set sounds awesome! I think it will probably come with Emmet, WildStyle, Uni-Kitty, and Benny. Vitruvius is probably appearing in the Bad Cops car set.

And, Bad Cop's Car Chase is what I'm guessing will be the land version of the Bad Cop Pursuit vehicle, with the pig carriage from the scene right before they meet Batman.

When you put it like that, NOW I'm excited.

-Sci

I'm excited for pictures, and can guess at a lot of reasons behind this second wave (We can't all get the Sea Cow). Hopefully it will feature new prints for some of the characters, but if not, I'm sure I can find a use for the figures.

The double decker couch set sounds interesting. Glad they decided to make a third wave.

I'm a bit worried - does the Double Decker Couch set mean that we won't get a Submarine set?

After all, it might be the set with the sad, sitting Unikitty - it's right next to her in the scene.

I'm a bit worried - does the Double Decker Couch set mean that we won't get a Submarine set?

After all, it might be the set with the sad, sitting Unikitty - it's right next to her in the scene.

Aye, this is what I think it will be. Either a submarine build, or else a 'scene' from the interior of the sub, with play features (and, of course, the couch).

I'd assume it'll be a mid range set, with the various characters aboard the sub, and sad Kitty.

I can't imagine it would be anything else? The couch didn't appear anywhere else besides inside the sub and the resuce by Metalbeard. We've already got the rescue scene (with Queasy Kitty) included with the Sea Cow.

This will fully be somehow related to the submarine. I just don't think it'll be a build of the entire craft.

Yeah. And to add some kind of conflict, have some Scuba Cops?

Maybe it's supposed to portray both the scene where Uni-Kitty hides out of the window and them hiding in the double-decker couch.

but it would need a lot of new translucent parts

so I think its unlikely

even if I was the one that said it in the first place :grin:

There is a rumor that wonder woman's jet is being made and will be all or mostly translucent. Could very well see some new parts soon either way.

I was looking at the box image of Batman and Super Angry Kitty Attack and I was wondering if the grappling hook gun had a dark translucent flat 1x1 round tile instead of a black one. It'll be disappointing if it is. :hmpf_bad:

There is a rumor that wonder woman's jet is being made and will be all or mostly translucent. Could very well see some new parts soon either way.

That's not true at all. There is, sadly, no invisible jet on the horizon.

It'd be awesome though, eh?

I think the Double Decker Couch will have sad Uni-Kitty. I really hope it's not SDCC Uni-Kitty as I'm about to trade another of my SDCC figs for her. :grin: Couldn't resist. Anyway I really also hope that Batmobile is a set but I slightly doubt it. Although in the pic Bats has a new sad face.

And you know this how? Like I said its a rumor. But we do have a pic from the lego batman dictionary as to how it might look.

Here is a link for those who are interested. http://www.brickhero...buster-en-2015/

It may be a 'rumor', but it's not grounded in any sort of truth. I've been hounding Matt for an Invisible Plane set since the release of 6862. He's assured me that there will be no Wonder Woman themed sets (in fact, her inclusion in 6862 was only at his insistence to get her made at all).

Perhaps her viability as a selling point will change in the future with her higher profile in the upcoming Superman/Batman movie? At this moment though, there isn't any plan on the table for a Wonder Woman themed set unfortunately. :(

We're getting the double decker couch, a super angry kitty and Batman, and a bad cop chase set.

We're getting the double decker couch, a super angry kitty and Batman, and a bad cop chase set.

Thanks for the info. Any on which minifigures come in which? :classic: