just2good

2015 The LEGO Movie rumors and discussion

Whoa! I can't believe I just saw these today! I'll probably buy two of the Double-Decker Couch! One to display and another to display some of my own minifigures on! The other two look pretty great too!

OMGOSH! I love the DDC set! It makes no sense in context with the movie, but it's pretty much one big fan service in a box. It's like they just threw everything that fans have asked for in a set and included a waffle for good measure. And I'm okay with that.

Can't wait for this and the Batman set. The Bad Cop set is kind of boring to me, although I do like that they included a chair for Bad Cop to kick and some new expressions for him and Lucy.

:wub_drool: There isn't a single bad set! The Double Decker Couch, Bad Cop and Lucy with better and more accurate expression, and even the small Batman and Unikitty set is great! I can already tell these will sell quickly! :thumbup:

Personally I'm in love with the characters, but there isn't enough power to make me get these at any price. The exclusive faces are really genius and up to every FOL's expectation. In a very narrow sense, the Double Decker Couch is not a complete set, but after all TLM is a special license, there is no need to complain. Also there isn't really a good way to represent the final scene as a regular set.

Regardless of exclusive prints, these sets are all what we have seen in previous two waves, but it also seems to be the best we may get. Unfortunately it looks like we may not expect another regular wave before any other future LEGO film sequel. The submarine has its technical difficulty, but the western houses is really a shame. Also the Cuckoo Hall.

It could also be nice to put some exclusive characters. Both Demolition Guy and Robot Wyldstyle could be good, but cost parts.

Demolition_Guy.png

Edited by Dorayaki

Very disappointed with these sets. They r repeated with very minor addition. My self i dont think i will spend money on these cos os 1 or 2 new items....and the Bad Cop Chsae is so ugly.

To me is these sets are all about minifigures.

Looks like i will spend on previous sets as i am missing some.

Edited by VintageLegoEra

I'm most disappointed with the cop chase set because I really want that motorcycle to be attached to a massive twin-rotor helicopter. And the car seems a bit bland.

Nice sets, though its all about the minifigs, rather than the builds. It would have been great if the DDC "flipped up with coolers underneath". Good to see Ghost Vitruvius (I wonder how hes built) and Batman. I guess a "happy" Lord Business is great, though I wanted him with a cocky smirk, so Im a bit disappointed. The waffle is great, though I will have to rationalize why is it as big as a pizza...

Nice sets, though its all about the minifigs, rather than the builds. It would have been great if the DDC "flipped up with coolers underneath". Good to see Ghost Vitruvius (I wonder how hes built) and Batman. I guess a "happy" Lord Business is great, though I wanted him with a cocky smirk, so Im a bit disappointed. The waffle is great, though I will have to rationalize why is it as big as a pizza...

It's kind of like those burritos that are as big as your head.

I'm most disappointed with the cop chase set because I really want that motorcycle to be attached to a massive twin-rotor helicopter.

Yeah, I would have expected it to come with the Copper-chopper as well. This makes me doubt that we're even getting the chopper, unless maybe this is some kind of trick to make people buy both sets, by making them combinable? There are no pictures of that set either, so unless it's a store exclusive, we probably wont get it.

The waffle is great, though I will have to rationalize why is it as big as a pizza...

Isn't it obvious? Because giant waffles are awesome. DO NOT QUESTION THE WAFFLE!

Just2good, great job. Love the pics. Definitely getting the double decker couch set, the minifig selection is going be a big hit.

I agree the builds are ok, but is think the point of the sets is for people to get minifigs they might have missed in the larger sets.

And Emmet's car!

Edited by Sarah

Someone posted earlier, if you consider another common name for a motorcycle is a chopper. (I realize it is a specific type of motorcycle, but still). But maybe the chopper is the motorcycle, not an actual heli-copter...

But all three sets are must buys for me. I didn't buy any from this previous wave, save Cloud Cuckoo. So all of these will basically be new for me. I really like the sitting Unikitty. Easy enough to do, but I like the idea.

That's all LEGO has to do. Listen to fans and give them what they want at a fair price point. They will fly off the shelves and make a larger profit margin instead of a few big sets at high dollar...

Isn't it obvious? Because giant waffles are awesome. DO NOT QUESTION THE WAFFLE!

Indeed! The alternative would be a 1x1 round tile waffle, and that's as big as a doughnut... too small!

I'm sure the set description will confirm if the Super Secret Police motorcycle is the Copper-Chopper. I would have like a western set with those awesomely hilarious police horses, though.

I'm sure the set description will confirm if the Super Secret Police motorcycle is the Copper-Chopper. I would have like a western set with those awesomely hilarious police horses, though.

You and me both! The only set I can see them working in is a set of the Western racecar—it could come with two of the horses in pursuit so that they could have one with a red light and one with a blue one. Maybe next summer, if we're lucky...

Batman and Super Angry Kitty Attack (Whew! That's a long name)- Despite the exclusive Unikitty variant, this set just feels overpriced.

Double-Decker Couch- This is definitely going to be the most popular set, what with the four exclusive minifigure (plus Emmett). Other than that, this set just doesn't really seem to form anything coherent- it seems like the designers just made it so they would have somewhere to put the extra figures.

Bad Cop Car Chase- It's great to get a set with Bad Cop and his signature chair, but why doesn't he have his Good Cop alt-face? That was the characters biggest draw! The police car also seems like a step back for LEGO in terms of design.

My final opinion is that this wave is great for minifigures, not so much for the actual sets. I find it kind of interesting that LEGO decided to release a wave of big Movie sets in the summer and another wave of small sets half a year later. My guess is that they were originally going to have two waves, but the movie turned out to be such a huge hit that they decided to split the second wave.

Bad Cop Car Chase- It's great to get a set with Bad Cop and his signature chair, but why doesn't he have his Good Cop alt-face? That was the characters biggest draw! The police car also seems like a step back for LEGO in terms of design.

At the point in the movie where Bad Cop is driving this car wasn't his Good Cop face erased off with the nail polish remover?

At the point in the movie where Bad Cop is driving this car wasn't his Good Cop face erased off with the nail polish remover?

Nah, because he switches to Good Cop after ordering them caught "NOW!" and adds, "or whenever you can." or something like that.

Maybe they aren't showing his good face in the pics? Or does he have two "bad" faces? I can't tell.

His good face is visible in the minifig lineup on the bottom right corner of the boxart

Double-Decker Couch set seems to be portraying something that happened after the Movie, esp with Ghost Vitruvius and happy LB sharing the same set...