just2good

2015 The LEGO Movie rumors and discussion

I love the double decker couch set, but the micro manager set less so. I just don't like the angry kitty mouth face much. I think I might have liked it better if we had gotten one of the brick built angry kitties from the movie, when she has her mouth open all super big.

I love the double decker couch set, but the micro manager set less so. I just don't like the angry kitty mouth face much. I think I might have liked it better if we had gotten one of the brick built angry kitties from the movie, when she has her mouth open all super big.

Something like that would be tremendously front heavy and could not stand up on its own unless pegged into a large enough plate.

Not only that but after experiencing how Angry Kitty was built in The Lego Movie Game. A real life version would easily fall apart at the head since to make such a large jaw requires a bunch of 1x1 bricks.

Oh man, I'm super jazzed about that radio tile! I've been tinkering with a 100% accurate Emmet car for a while and that was the one bit that just wasn't possible until now. I'm loving the rest of the set as well - great value and lots of treats for fans of the movie.

I really would love a second wave, that would be a huge surprise. Especially because there are so many great sets!

I really would love a second wave, that would be a huge surprise. Especially because there are so many great sets!

Technically, I think this is the third wave of The LEGO Movie sets.

Just built the double decker couch. I have to agree with others - wonderful value for the money with all of those figures and extras! My couch is a little wobbly with the design, but totally forgivable.

Yep, the Double-Decker Couch is a must buy for any fan of the movie! I got ahold of that and Batman & Super Angry Kitty Attack yesterday at Target.

I got all three sets today and I absolutely love all of them :wub: I took a few comparison pictures of the different versions of the main characters, now that they've all been released:

16042730118_12619c2251_z.jpg

16204339566_6f25900f11_z.jpg

15607825064_0783b2a6e8_z.jpg

16230234915_9b92e230fb_z.jpg

15607823404_5279aaf3d6_z.jpg

16042859320_ff52caef69_z.jpg

16042858540_9df86b1f95_z.jpg

16044117909_95b372e26a_z.jpg

Wow, thanks for posting the pics, its Great to compare the variantions like this!

Still hoping for a President/Lord Business with an evil/cocky/smug grin.

Is there any news for new sets this year? As the Toy Fair already showed a lot of stuff for all other themes but I heard nothing about continuation of THE LEGO MOVIE sets :( The only 2 small sets so far are very disappointing...

Taking into account that we're getting all these confirmed reports on other sets , it's a safe bet it's game over for TLM stuff. Many Licensed themes are lucky to get a couple of years on the shelves and there's been some that's vanished in a year. We've had TLM sets out for just over 12 months, 3 waves worth of stuff, and people have moved onto other stuff for the most part so that's probably going to be the end of that.

uh... Hold on. What do you mean "only 2 small sets so far"? There's supposed to be 3 wave 3 sets. A DDC set, the angry kitty, and some police set.

Well then it is 3 sets this year but I was looking forward to see much more as there are so many great models in the movie which could be easily produced... TLM is in my opinion their biggest theme with huge potential of sets and just 12 months are given to that? Big disappointment for me :(

It's not like there were too many more sets for this movie that could be made. There's going to be (far too many) LEGO-themed movies in the future, so it's just going to be a break, not an end.

Got an email back from lego. They are neither confirming nor denying that there may or may not be a 4th wave of stuff.

Edited by SweetiePie88

Guess I have to build more by myself then... BATWING is done, lets see what I can do next if I find enough source material from the movie then... I'll do my own line of TLM sets :tongue:

Guess I have to build more by myself then... BATWING is done, lets see what I can do next if I find enough source material from the movie then... I'll do my own line of TLM sets :tongue:

lyonfish created an awesome LDD version of the Octan Transport Ship a month or so ago and even shared the LDD file.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=103224&hl=%2Boctan+%2Bship

I was thinking about attempting this build from TLM next.

For me Batwing is done and Wyldstyle's Flying Super Cycle is done.

Will be more "2 in 1" set into 2015?

No, as far as I know.

I think we are done with The LEGO Movie theme