just2good

2015 The LEGO Movie rumors and discussion

The slope piece used in the SDCC pics is different than than the slope that was used in the movie. It doesn't look right but it's nice to have alternate faces.

@Brickaleg: I know, but it was handled differently this year (the Azog incident might even be the reason for that change). The minifigs with the "2014 exclusive" designation will stay exclusive, which has been reported by quite a lot of people who attended SDCC (the same people who confirmed Bard's not-exclusiveness) :wink:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Hopefully this news does suggest that a set of the submarine is in the works. It should cost less than the Sea Cow, right? Also, I wonder when we'll know of the other sets for the next wave. Anyone have a guess?

They're released in January, so we'll get the set list once the new retailer catalog hits the scene :wink: This should take place in late August/early september :thumbup:

Submarine? Sad sitting Uni-Kitty? YES. I'm guessing it'll be over $100, maybe around $200 even.

EDIT: SDCC Uni-Kitty is only $170. Not that much considering how last years figs were $400. Anyone want to trade for 2011 SDCC Batman? Anyone?

I don't see it being a huge set. Wasn't the whole point of the submarine that it was super fragile, due to thier innability to work together?

I'd see them doing a 'scene' playset, with breakaway features rather than the entire ship. It'd be brilliant if they released the sub though! :D

@Oky: Is it this one? :sweet:

500xNxIMG_6621.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Okq3uJEvfL.jpg

Source: http://www.thebrickf...ive-minifigure/

This news pleases me GREATLY. Like you don't even understand. Ok maybe you do but I do fear the size of the set the figure will come tied to. Would be very interesting to see a smaller version of the submarine as they did with the sea cow. But also makes me think the couch may included again. :)

Really hope that the submarine comes with the double-decker couch. :sceptic: Would it be another D2C/UCS?

Really hope that the submarine comes with the double-decker couch. :sceptic: Would it be another D2C/UCS?

if you can fit the double-decker couch inside it will be

I love being the bringer of good news to those who wanted the copper chopper to be made into a set , if you currently own the Lego Movie Essential Guide book on the last page in the top right corner you can see designs for it in the bottom of the picture along with a few designs for the swat truck which appeared in the super cycle chase set , this could mean there maybe a set of it in the near future !!!!!!!!! :)

I saw it too, but let's keep in mind all of the scrapped LEGO Movie ideas. Anyone remember Bad Cop's mech, or Lord Business' death chair?

The Copper-Chopper would feel a little redundant. It's another SSP vehicle with short screen time. I want them to do something else.

The sub would probably be between the SPACESHIP!!! and the Sea Cow. It's such an eclectic model, though, and they would have to make it play-friendly, since the message of the scene is "illegal connections".

I really want a $20 "The Prophecy" set with Lord Business, an Executron, a Kragle pedestal, and an accurate (not DVD) Young Vitruvius, using the sparkly Judge robe, an accurate 3-part staff with new brown open-stud, and a normal face on one side, and his blinded face on the other. The DVD isn't really worth the price, and the minifig is lacking, so a set to correct it would be great.

I really want a $20 "The Prophecy" set with Lord Business, an Executron, a Kragle pedestal, and an accurate (not DVD) Young Vitruvius, using the sparkly Judge robe, an accurate 3-part staff with new brown open-stud, and a normal face on one side, and his blinded face on the other. The DVD isn't really worth the price, and the minifig is lacking, so a set to correct it would be great.

this would have been a good set but it will not happen know we have the dvd fig

Any love for the Wildstyle western pig stagecoach? We'd probably get a good amount of pigs for it. Hahaha

we got a few figs for western with the small set and the cmf but not really a good play set so getting one would be good

I really don't think a prologue set will happen. One thing is of course Vitruvius was already released. (I actually made a sparkly Judge cape for him so he looks better.) the other is do you really think Lord Business will be in a $20 set? Lego wants people to buy the Evil Lair. It's just Business.

LORD Business. :tongue:

I also would be quite pleased if they made Bad Cop's car in the non-flying version.

Maybe package it with the western train for an action scene?

I'd like the baby-carriage Cop Car. :laugh:

I actually want something, even a small set, based on Middle Zealand, despite its insignificance.

And a likely set would be the Master Builder's Meeting (The Dog) with Emmet, Vitruvius, Mini-Metalbeard, and some assorted MB's, like Michelangelo the artist and Superman. I want another Cloud Cuckoo Land set!

Edited by 8BrickMario

it would be nice to know how many sets we will get and what size they will be