Hi all!

In June 2014 we made a little trip to test an off road RC track, thanks for it to the Home-Road R/C Team. It wasn't a race, just a test. Pictures can be found here: https://www.dropbox....palya-teszt.rar

Video:

download link: https://www.dropbox....t-kis-meret.mp4

I recommend the end part from 28:00 to 29:00, some interesting and funny moments can be seen. :sweet:

We used two crawlers, a 6x6 test chassis, and two trial trucks. I hope we can use the track in the future, a cooperation with the RC team is in process. If we had more time, the video would be better, but because it was together with the RC team, we had limited time before their race.

The main test vehicle was a crawler, has also topic here:

http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=97878

Hope you like it. :classic: Feel free to ask or comment.

Edited by Mbmc

Bravo, not only does your crawler look like an rc crawler, it also preforms just like one. I love it.

Edited by aminnich

Thanks guys, I worked a lot with the video. Did you see the PF controller "drop" into water at the end? :classic:

Zblj: yes, it's a bit far to you (even if we met in Keszthely, in 2011), but I think you can find a similar one is Slovenia, too. :wink:

This track was REALLY hard. It's designed for RC cars, they have at least 4-5 kg weight. Lego crawlers have nothing compared to that. So Rc cars have serious grip between obstacles and tyres (because of weight and soft rubber tyres), our Lego vehicles don't. This is the main reason, why it's harder to us. It's not impossible to build a 4 kg 4x4 Lego off roader, but that would be really in the edge of limit of Lego parts. If we build a 4 kg Lego crawler, the custom 1,9" tyre would came off from the Lego rim because of serious forces. So the use of more softer tyres is nearly the only way to increase grip.

Edited by Mbmc

Thanks guys, I worked a lot with the video. Did you see the PF controller "drop" into water at the end? :classic:

Zblj: yes, it's a bit far to you (even if we met in Keszthely, in 2011), but I think you can find a similar one is Slovenia, too. :wink:

This track was REALLY hard. It's designed for RC cars, they have at least 4-5 kg weight. Lego crawlers have nothing compared to that. So Rc cars have serious grip between obstacles and tyres (because of weight and soft rubber tyres), our Lego vehicles don't. This is the main reason, why it's harder to us. It's not impossible to build a 4 kg 4x4 Lego off roader, but that would be really in the limit of Lego parts.

Yeah the greenw heels might be usefull here if you are a purist. Was the controller okay? There are 2, right? Train and normal?

Do you mean under green wheels the Lego RC wheels with those green tyres? Yes, they are placed in the rim well, I think the PP wheel also would came off from the rim, if we use a 4 kg 4x4 vehicle.

"Was the controller okay? There are 2, right? Train and normal?"

Yes, they survived without damage. I desiccated them very well, and the batteries were took out quickly. Yes, one normal, and one speed controller were there.

Edited by Mbmc

Cool video :)

Should bring the Fox there and see if it could do the course!

Do you know the Smart Brick guys since one of the crawlers was controlled by one?

that trial track is just epic!

and your crawler performs really good as well!

Good to hear you like it. :classic:

Do you know the Smart Brick guys since one of the crawlers was controlled by one?
Yes, I (we) know the SBrick since about May 2014, I saw the prototype during the RC track test, the Sbrick developer team also participated. There are 3 pictures about it here: https://www.dropbox....palya-teszt.rar --> IMG_3321 to IMG_3323

I can only repeat the comments in the Sbrick topic, it's the next level in Lego Technic remote controlling. But you need some high performance custom batteries too, because the Lego LiPo can only transmit about 1,6 A. Or am I wrong with this number?

Edited by Mbmc