Sign in to follow this  
Darkoil

How to preserve Lego colour on display?

Hello good people of eurobricks :)

I've been considering putting some of my rare or favourite minifigures on display but I'm worried about discolouration occurring due to sunlight.

I usually keep my collectables tightly hidden away so no damage can come to them but I really want some of my Lego out so people can admire them.

I've seen small individual display boxes on eBay but I don't think they will protect them from sunlight, can anybody help me with this?

Although I do not have any personal experience with it yet, my plan is to get a UV blocking film to put on the window of the room where I display my Lego. I don't know if that is a possibility for you, but it should work. :)

That's something I didn't even consider, I might have a look into that thanks, it would help preserve other stuff I want to display as well :)

My "display" room has the windows permanently blacked out. I collect more than just Lego and have had some valuable stuff destroyed by the sun in the past. I used limo black car window tint film and backed it with foil and covered it over with blackout blinds. My cars also have the windows blacked out in case i'm transporting anything. The display room is now known as the vampire sanctuary by my family :blush:

Edited by Modelmaker

Switch the lights to LED. The UV in fluorescent lights will fade your collectables also,

I have never had problems with my Lego mini figures fading. But I agree with the first comment, that said UV blocking film should work.