01.jpg

So... the model was built in two weeks for contest held on LUGPol. I did not had enough time to built new cab, but I have almost finished MAN TGS tow truck, so I have made copy of it, in yellow. Rest of the truck was built to be rigid and child-proof (main goal of the contest was to built dump truck that could by used by kids on upcoming LUGPol's exhibition in Warsaw, I had second place by the way.)

There are three motors in total; Servo for steering, XL motor for drive and L motor for raising the tipper bed.

It was supposed to lift at least one kilogram, so I decided to build it as side tipping truck

05.jpg_thumb.jpg 07.jpg_thumb.jpg 08.jpg_thumb.jpg 09.jpg_thumb.jpg 10.jpg_thumb.jpg

11.jpg_thumb.jpg 12.jpg_thumb.jpg 13.jpg_thumb.jpg 14.jpg_thumb.jpg 15.jpg_thumb.jpg

Cab can be tilted, allowing to change battery boxes with ease.

06.jpg_thumb.jpg

03.jpg

And here you can see how it works (in pair with my L 580):

After publishing on LUGPol forum, tipper bed received small modification on side door , there's no risk that something will fall off from the tipper bed.

dsc02409.jpg_thumb.jpg dsc02419.jpg_thumb.jpg

Edited by M_longer

Great model! How did you manage to drive that with one XL. Do you have any pics of the drivetrain?

Beautiful truck! :grin::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like the clean design, very accurate shape too.

I would like to see it drive with 1kg in it too. :tongue:

My only crit would be the side door seems to stiff, needs to swing open more easier.

Apart from that great job!

What a beauty! From a disatnce you cant even see its a Lego model.

Would you get it as a good point then?? :hmpf_bad:

Anyway, love it and I have a question: how much things in common with the red Iveco Eurotrakker??

I love it! I love the combination of technic and "non" technic lego, or should that be standard lego. I need to get my hands on more bricks.

H :thumbup:

M_longer,

Beautiful truck :wub::thumbup: :thumbup: .............will you be releasing any kind of BI? My L580 needs a partner :blush: , can you help?

how much things in common with the red Iveco Eurotrakker??

Both have four axles... :)

Great model! How did you manage to drive that with one XL. Do you have any pics of the drivetrain?

There's nothing unusual there, two reductions, total final gear ratio is 1:2.779.

tgs_drive.png_thumb.jpg

M_longer,

Beautiful truck :wub::thumbup: :thumbup: .............will you be releasing any kind of BI? My L580 needs a partner :blush: , can you help?

I will start working on LDD model tomorrow.

Hallo M-longer

Nice Truck! Awesome build!

I would be interesting i you have some more pictures from internal or / and bottom side. Is the chassis build studless?

I like the combination from technic - functions with model-team style.

And there is another reason: the same scale to my mocs. I would be great if one day your mocs meet with my ones.....

Kind regards: swissbagger

http://www.brickshel...?m=swissbagger1

Awesome model!!! Keep up the awesome work :D

And like swissbagger im really curious about the internal structure and underside :) but guess that we'll have to wait for the LDD file

Hallo M-longer

Nice Truck! Awesome build!

I would be interesting i you have some more pictures from internal or / and bottom side. Is the chassis build studless?

I like the combination from technic - functions with model-team style.

And there is another reason: the same scale to my mocs. I would be great if one day your mocs meet with my ones.....

Kind regards: swissbagger

http://www.brickshel...?m=swissbagger1

Aha, I have forgot to answer that, sorry :)

Yes, the chassis is studless, built around motors and liftarm frames.

Also, I have almost finished 4 axle drawbar trailer built for transporting L580, when my BL order arrive, I will start making LDD files for complete set.

I almost missed this work of art.

This could fit in the fictional Model Team Expert series :sweet::thumbup:

Aha, I have forgot to answer that, sorry :)

Yes, the chassis is studless, built around motors and liftarm frames.

Also, I have almost finished 4 axle drawbar trailer built for transporting L580, when my BL order arrive, I will start making LDD files for complete set.

@M_longer, would your 4 axle trailer be suitable for jurgens zorex 220 excavator?

@M_longer, would your 4 axle trailer be suitable for jurgens zorex 220 excavator?

Yes it will. Jurgen's excavator is 20 studs wide, so is my trailer. I have pictures taken, but I did not have time to edit them and make a presentation.

M-Longer

Wait for pictures from your lowlader. Would be impressive, MAN 4-axle tipper truck, lowlader and on it your new volvo frontloader. Interesting of the power from the truck with all. Is the lowloader build now, and no pictures yet?

@M_longer, did you get around to finishing the BI's for this and the trailer?

No, currently I am working on a model for contest held on LUGpol. Model with 1000 parts in total, built in style of LEGO technic sets.

I can't specify when they will be done.

M-Longer

Wait for pictures from your lowlader. Would be impressive, MAN 4-axle tipper truck, lowlader and on it your new volvo frontloader. Interesting of the power from the truck with all. Is the lowloader build now, and no pictures yet?

Does the picture with L580 instead of Volvo satisfy you? ;)

dsc026472.jpg

Oh please more pics of that combo!!! :)

Ok, some not edited (I really should make some movie with TGS driving around with that thing behind it) ones:

http://www.majhost.c...er/dsc02651.jpg

http://www.majhost.c...er/dsc02641.jpg

Unfortunatelly, we have very cloudy weather, and I am unable to make good pictures of all my models.

Anyway, I am thinking about rebuilding tipper version to fit details of tow truck's. And changing it to three axle version. And making it tipping to back, not side. So many ideas, and no time for building all things I'd like to :(

Those pictures are great! :wub_drool: :wub_drool: each creation deserves the 'Love Drool'

I built your loader last year..............in its' own case, I hate dusting :sweet:

I agree with your last statement, " no time for building all the things I'd like to ", I do try to build/sort daily though! :laugh: