SBrick Survey  

409 members have voted

1. 1. What is your prefered color for SBrick?

2. 2. What will be your primary LEGO theme used with SBricks?

3. 3. Which feature of SBrick do you like most?

• Stairtop design
    • Works in sunlight
    • Big range
    • Controllable by smartphone (via Bluetooth)
    • Remote control from the Internet
    • Profile designer
    • Child mode
    • Other (please post in this topic)

The 42030 pledge is a big help for us, because we can get the sets cheaper because we buy a lot of them.

The 42030 will arrive to our backers as an unopened box + we include one SBrick and our instructions with the package.

You will get another pledge from me then :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

How can you remove them? Opening the box?? I don't think it's wise to sell something new in a opened box :wink:

Probably the answer is they have the 42030 sets for a very cheap price....waiting for an "official" answer please...

You're right. I didn't think about that.. hehe

Now you've got me thinking of getting the 42030 as a way of boosting the pledge and hopefully getting this thing over the line. It's going to be ugly though, because I'm darn'd if I'm letting go of my #29 SBrick, so it'll be 29 + 180 + 70 + 3 = GBP282 for the loader plus 4 bricks. I suppose better that than paying for plans I don't want :)

I'm reminded of the RFDuino that was another kit-type Kickstarter and I'm sure was a shipping nightmare (an Ardunio with bluetooth added, and about 6 or 8 different shields you could stack onto it). Their approach was to give prices for each shield and a couple of combos, then let people pledge whatever they wanted. It worked really well. The only sad thing (IMO) was that to simplify it they packaged every tiny little thing in a giant plastic box, so I ended up with a pile of those when my parts would have fitted in one of them. Anyway, too late for that now.

Edited by Moz

Another question: once I've pledged and given my home address.....what about if after 1 month I move into a new house with a different address??? :sceptic: :sceptic: :sceptic: :sceptic: :sceptic: :sceptic: :sceptic: :sceptic:

Been on the fence since I saw this and sariel his video pushed me to back the project, popping my kickstarter cherry. 2 sbricks for me please! :classic:

I actually made a second pledge last night using a different e-mail address and was told by the guys that was totally acceptable. (I grabbed the 498th early bird SBrick. )

Another question: once I've pledged and given my home address.....what about if after 1 month I move into a new house with a different address??? :sceptic: :sceptic: :sceptic: :sceptic: :sceptic: :sceptic: :sceptic: :sceptic:

With most Kickstarter campaigns you get a survey after the campaign ends and shortly before the items ship to give opportunity to give sizes, color choices, update shipping info or similar things.

I actually made a second pledge last night using a different e-mail address and was told by the guys that was totally acceptable. (I grabbed the 498th early bird SBrick. )

With most Kickstarter campaigns you get a survey after the campaign ends and shortly before the items ship to give opportunity to give sizes, color choices, update shipping info or similar things.

Yes, you are right! :)

Been on the fence since I saw this and sariel his video pushed me to back the project, popping my kickstarter cherry. 2 sbricks for me please! :classic:

Great! I just can't wait for the next video from Mahj :)

Hey, SBricks guys... You might want to get the TechCrunch guys to fix the article... They say that you can only control 4 SBricks from your phone... I think there were other technical errors too, but that was the one that stood out to me.

Pasztorl!

£29 pledge is all gone (500/500)!

I'm one of the £29 pledge backers. Fingers crossed the project will materialize :)

Pasztorl!

Hi,

We already sent our suggestions about the article to techcrunch.

We hope they update the article and it will more visible because the last update timestamp. :)

They have a £120 Pledge With 3 SBricks for the 42000 car. Is it really neccesary to have 3 SBricks for this set? Which functions is controlled?

They have a £120 Pledge With 3 SBricks for the 42000 car. Is it really neccesary to have 3 SBricks for this set? Which functions is controlled?

Nope, I mean that set doesn't really need 3 Sbrick, but I think you can have the SET, 1 Sbrick for the SET and 2 spare Sbrick for whatever you would like to use them for! :laugh:

Nope, I mean that set doesn't really need 3 Sbrick, but I think you can have the SET, 1 Sbrick for the SET and 2 spare Sbrick for whatever you would like to use them for! :laugh:

F1 need not only spare tires) also Sbricks :grin:

I guess they mororized all functions including engine cover lift and spoiler adjustment. And car is propelled by 2 or more motors.

Edited by rm8

Ahahahahh talking about Ferrari nowadays then also need spare drivers, spare engineers, technicians....LOL :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Read somewhere on the first page that the $180,- pack includes both the Sbrick and the 42030 together?

That would be awesome two set for that price.

Read somewhere on the first page that the $180,- pack includes both the Sbrick and the 42030 together?

I doubt that very much,they would be making a loss at that price.... :classic:

Yes, that is correct. I pledged one of them my self. If you choose the £180 pledge, you will receive a sealed 42030 + 1 SBrick + instructions on how to use the SBrick in the 42030.

That is, the pledge is not $180, but £180.

Hi Dafgek81, I posted many short messages here now, but to summarize:

- The £180 pledge includes 1 sealed 42030 + 1 SBrick + instructions for SBrick in 42030.

- I am not sure about VAT and toll, I am prepared for that I will have to pay that when the stuff enters Norway (where I live).

- Perhaps somebody from SBrick team can clarify regarding VAT and toll?

- Regarding pledges, I posted some questions as private messages to Mark Bollobas on the Kickstarter page. Perhaps you could do the same, if you are in doubt.

Edited by kolbjha

- Perhaps somebody from SBrick team can clarify regarding VAT and toll?

Good point. Also important for people outside the UK/EU, because if those prices include 19% VAT and we don't have to pay it, that'd be very nice.

At least I don't mind! :classic:

The project is currently at 70% of its time, at 90% of its target budget. I believe it's going to make it, it's just a pity that the stretch goal of £100000 for the stair-top design looks unlikely to be reached...

That's a huge part of why I'm keeping it on the front page, too. I'm sure that Technic fans are somewhat more likely to be AFOL, and thus don't have time to read through all the topics every day, but also are more likely to have the disposable income to actually support this.

Hopefully, folks will keep coming in and supporting it.

Edited by rollermonkey