SBrick Survey  

409 members have voted

1. 1. What is your prefered color for SBrick?

2. 2. What will be your primary LEGO theme used with SBricks?

3. 3. Which feature of SBrick do you like most?

• Stairtop design
    • Works in sunlight
    • Big range
    • Controllable by smartphone (via Bluetooth)
    • Remote control from the Internet
    • Profile designer
    • Child mode
    • Other (please post in this topic)

For Android 5.0+ users: if you updated the sbrick firmware, please unpair the SBricks in the Android's Bluetooth menu, then you can continue.

52 minutes ago, pasztorl said:

You can download the next beta android app here: http://bit.ly/2dkdmqx

Please report problems and suggestions here: https://goo.gl/HK4jya

Hi Lenard,

Is the new firmware backward compatible with the old one's protocol (like version 4.8)? If not will you publish the new protocol?

Thanks,

István

Hello Lenard,

Thanks for the new beta version of the sbrick app for android, finally (after a long time) I got my sbrick running again. The installation went very good and uptill now the app is working fine.

many thanks

Hi Guys,

We are released the new Android and iOS apps. They will be online in 1-2 hours in the google play and probably 2-3 days in the app store.

The current firmware is 17. We measured about ~25% descrease in latency with the new firmware, this is good news for fast cars. :)

Also we hope our new driver will have better compatibility with many android devices and versions.

If you upgrade the FW you may need switch on/off the Bluetooth and pair/unpair the SBrick in the Android's Bluetooth settings after the OTA update.

Also the app now have a feedback menu so please report there if you have problems with the new release.

Some other new feature:

- the clinometer working on iOS, and working some android devices (it seems the gyro control is not the same on all android devices too :(

So you can use your phone like a joy. Remember, to enable the clino you need to put the clino on/off switch to your profile.

- sequences now working on iOS

For example you can create index lamps with it.

- SBrick Plus now supported in the Android app (for iOS we release it later)

- There are a new Profile Designer release coming this weekend with bugfixes and better builtin help. With the new release you can place custom uploaded images not just for background and control background but any place in the profile. It is useful if you want to put custom graph or text in the profile.

Have a nice play in weekend!

Not the bring a topic back from the dead, but I have an Sbrick question and I think be belongs here. 

Messing around with my TC11 build and noticed that the received are very much so delayed with the response from remote to the receiver.  I find myself getting really close to the bot and then it will move in the correct direct.  

The obvious question is, Does an Sbrick fix this problem? 

If I was in the arena with my bot, I would not want to loose because my receiver does not have a good connection.  

Thanks

General discussion topics are meant to bring back to live :sweet: :thumbup:

8 hours ago, aminnich said:

Messing around with my TC11 build and noticed that the received are very much so delayed with the response from remote to the receiver.  I find myself getting really close to the bot and then it will move in the correct direct.  

It's not entirely clear which setup you are currently using? Are you already using an SBrick?

11 hours ago, aminnich said:

IR receivers should work pretty responsive up to their limit distance of few meters (officially up to 10m). But...if you are outside, on the sun, it decreases a lot. Other than that, if you have some obstacles between your controller and a receiver, your commands may get delayed or unresponsive.

SBrick can work at much greater distance, sun does not bother it, and you can put the receiver deep inside the model, without the need for direct visibility between the controller and Sbrick.

So, your IR should work good if you have all the requirements fulfilled.

The receivers are not deep inside the models. I have the little black top sticking out of the model. I have noticed this problem on my past Mocs too. Could the problem be too many motors in one receiver (4 on one port, 1 on the other port)? Could a problem be that the receiver is too close to the battery box? 

I build and test my models are my basement, there is no sun light coming in. 

I don't know what the problem is. 

@aminnich: 4 motors on one port are definetly your problem. No way that IR receiver can take all the current so it shuts down to prevent from melting :-)

Edited by MajklSpajkl

Yes, too many motors is the problem. If you don't have other options, try to add one more receiver to split the load. You could even leave the second receiver on the same channel as the first one, so you can operate both receivers from one stick on the remote controller.

Using a V2 IR Receiver would allow for more current draw. The same is true using an Sbrick.  Then you are limited by the Power Functions battery box resetable fuse cut off current of 750mA-800mA. You can disable the fuse in the battery box or make your own battery power supply.  Care should be taken not to melt the PF motor windings' thin insulation with too much current/heat.  :wink:

Well, currently I have 8 motors for one channel, I broken that up into 2 receivers.  So now I am going to have 4 receivers 2 motors each for one of the channels.  I hope that makes sense. 

Hey guys, 

I have 2 Sbricks coming in the mail and they should be here some time this week.  I have tried learning about the Sbrick and I can not seem to find the answers I am looking for.  

I have a couple quick questions;

1. Using my phone as the controller, can I use both Sbricks at once? For a total of 8 channels running on my phone
  2. How many motors can I put on each channel? 
  3. If I can only have lets say 2 motors per channel, can I control multiple channels with the same slider on my phone? 

Thanks in advance.  

1.Yes, yes you can. I've had some difficulty getting two SBricks to stay connected, though.

2.I have not tested this. 8 L motors is probably not workable.

3.I think so, but I've never tried this. You may have to consult their forums.

If you're using this for your BattleBot, I'd suggest running the L motors through switches, rather than a channel on the SBrick.

Merging with the General Discussion topic.

12 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

If you're using this for your BattleBot, I'd suggest running the L motors through switches, rather than a channel on the SBrick.

Do you mean connect the L motors to the switch and the switch to the S brick? With the switch in the always on position? 

Or do you mean switch connected to battery box and a motor connected to s brick to control switch? 

16 hours ago, aminnich said:

I have a couple quick questions;

1. Using my phone as the controller, can I use both Sbricks at once? For a total of 8 channels running on my phone
  2. How many motors can I put on each channel? 
  3. If I can only have lets say 2 motors per channel, can I control multiple channels with the same slider on my phone? 
  1. Yes.  You can control MANY Sbricks at once.  I forget what the limit is, but it is more than you would ever use.  I have done as many as 4.
  2. As many as you want as long as you stay under the current limit.  If you are using the full power of a motor, then probably no more than 2 XL motors.  you might be able to do 3 L motors and 4 M motors.
  3. Yes.  When you make your control profile, you can map as many channels to same slider (even on multiple Sbricks) as you like.  For example, Madoca's Icarus supercar uses 2 batteries and 2 Sbricks with 2 drive motors so they are each on a separate battery for maximum power.  Works great with a single slider.

7 minutes ago, Blakbird said:
  1. Yes.  You can control MANY Sbricks at once.  I forget what the limit is, but it is more than you would ever use.  I have done as many as 4.
  2. As many as you want as long as you stay under the current limit.  If you are using the full power of a motor, then probably no more than 2 XL motors.  you might be able to do 3 L motors and 4 M motors.
  3. Yes.  When you make your control profile, you can map as many channels to same slider (even on multiple Sbricks) as you like.  For example, Madoca's Icarus supercar uses 2 batteries and 2 Sbricks with 2 drive motors so they are each on a separate battery for maximum power.  Works great with a single slider.

Thanks for answering all my questions, and I got all the answers I wanted to hear! Sounds like what I want to do will work. 

What's the difference between an Sbrick and Sbrick plus? 

1 hour ago, aminnich said:

Thanks for answering all my questions, and I got all the answers I wanted to hear! Sounds like what I want to do will work. 

What's the difference between an Sbrick and Sbrick plus? 

Sbrick+ supports WeDO sensors.