SBrick Survey  

409 members have voted

1. 1. What is your prefered color for SBrick?

2. 2. What will be your primary LEGO theme used with SBricks?

3. 3. Which feature of SBrick do you like most?

• Stairtop design
    • Works in sunlight
    • Big range
    • Controllable by smartphone (via Bluetooth)
    • Remote control from the Internet
    • Profile designer
    • Child mode
    • Other (please post in this topic)

Yes, I know :sweet:

(But I can't tell)

Any hints :look:

Besides that My Sbrick has a problem, I have not used it in a while then I installed the new software and it now has a 2 second delay between telling it to go forward and if moving.

Has anyone else had this problem or am I doing something wrong?

Any hints :look:

Sure...it's red and it controls your models :tongue:

Seriously, I'm not at liberty to talk about it. There will be more info soon.

I was asking because I am debating getting some sbricks and stumbled upon that video which makes me wonder if I should wait.

Any idea about timeframe when they are due to be released?

Besides that My Sbrick has a problem, I have not used it in a while then I installed the new software and it now has a 2 second delay between telling it to go forward and if moving.

Has anyone else had this problem or am I doing something wrong?

I just updated the firmware of my SBrick and now I am experiencing the same problem. It takes about 2 seconds before the command is sent to the model. I will contact the guys to ask about this problem.

Oh c'mon, I finally have 2 sBricks (which is the perfect amount imho, because it's as much as 4 IR receivers, so you can 'sbrickify' any model) but then a new one is coming. :facepalm:

Ah well, it's not that bad, I'm perfectly happy with how they are now :wink::wub:

Oh c'mon, I finally have 2 sBricks (which is the perfect amount imho, because it's as much as 4 IR receivers, so you can 'sbrickify' any model) but then a new one is coming. :facepalm:

Ah well, it's not that bad, I'm perfectly happy with how they are now :wink::wub:

I can't say too much, but I think I can safely say that it's not the end of the world. On the contrary. Your current SBricks will still be perfectly fine. @Technic_addict it's pretty safe to get one or two of the current SBricks.

Is it possible to use the old and new version at the same time?

I think so, yes.

unless there's something insanely amazing, I'll pass - the ludicrous mode can't get out of my head

I just updated the firmware of my SBrick and now I am experiencing the same problem. It takes about 2 seconds before the command is sent to the model. I will contact the guys to ask about this problem.

Yesterday I have updated to the new App version and I had the same delay problem.

I have 2 SBrick. One that I done a firmware update in the past and one that I have never done.

It was possible to update to a new version only the one that was alredy updated before, the other one doesn't give info about version, temperature and voltage and says that the firmware was already updated, but it wasn't.

Fortunately, I still have the old App version on the Ipad, and I was able to do a first update even the other one. After that, I have updated it to the last version with the new app and now it works fine.

I have been looking at buy one of these,since there is a new version coming out soon I will wait for that one.

Can I ask about the programming side of things does it come with pre made controller GUI's or do you need to make one your self?

What are the advantages of building a GUI your self over the pre-made GUI's,and can I use a proper programming language like python or some other language to program in,I will not be going anywhere near scratch the same as I don't go any were near wordpress.

Yesterday I have updated to the new App version and I had the same delay problem.

I have 2 SBrick. One that I done a firmware update in the past and one that I have never done.

It was possible to update to a new version only the one that was alredy updated before, the other one doesn't give info about version, temperature and voltage and says that the firmware was already updated, but it wasn't.

Fortunately, I still have the old App version on the Ipad, and I was able to do a first update even the other one. After that, I have updated it to the last version with the new app and now it works fine.

Dear Lucio,

Please retry the OTA update. If the app says that is is done, please kill the app, restart the bluetooth then start the app again. We are not experiencing OTA problems with iOS devices. If the problem still exist please write as at info@sbrick.com then we debug the problem together.

I think so, yes.

Yes, of course, you can use the new product (SBrick Plus) together with the SBrick at the same time.

Can I ask about the programming side of things does it come with pre made controller GUI's or do you need to make one your self?
There are three actual approaches:

- use profile editor and "sequences". This barely could be called "programming", but could arrange some stuff like "do something in specific order". Unfortunately, lego motors doesn't provide feedback and stuff like "do this after this" could be done only with very precise timing (and pray for that timing not to change from discharging batteries :)

- second one is based on usage of Scratch and stuff like it. Might be an worthy idea for somebody (maybe schools or any other educational institutions, as it's more like "programming for non-programmers"), but I don't like it for me - it's something closed and the nicest thing in programming stuff like this is interaction.

- third one is usage of "protocol" (https://social.sbric...f-the-protocoll, https://social.sbric...ck-ble-protocol). And here's the best part goes. You can use it from any language/environment, where you could access BLE programmatically). Python should allow this, as it has excellent libraries for everything in the world. Now I'm waiting for BLE dongle to arrive (it's not easy buy one here, still have to wait like month) and going to test stuff both on PC and something like Raspberry Pi - as it's easy to take anything in Python there.

Edited by Rascko

unless there's something insanely amazing, I'll pass - the ludicrous mode can't get out of my head

Dear LXF,

The SBrick now can handle up to 11V and 3A/port. So the "ludicrous mode" already exist if you have an SBrick. If you want higher voltage than lego standard there is two way for that.

1. you can disable the limit in the LEGO standard battery box (you need to disassemble it to remove the limit) and you can use high voltage batteries with it.

2. you can use custom LIPO battery. It needs some hack too.

I have been looking at buy one of these,since there is a new version coming out soon I will wait for that one.

What are the advantages of building a GUI your self over the pre-made GUI's,and can I use a proper programming language like python or some other language to program in,I will not be going anywhere near scratch the same as I don't go any were near wordpress.

You can use public controller profiles, made by other users. These will suffice for existing models. When you have a MOC, you can create your own profile. You can use standard graphics/assets, but you can also use your own. So you are basically free to do what you want. I really like the profile designer!!

You can use public controller profiles, made by other users. These will suffice for existing models. When you have a MOC, you can create your own profile. You can use standard graphics/assets, but you can also use your own. So you are basically free to do what you want. I really like the profile designer!!

Thanks,that will probably do for my needs.

Can't wait for more information. Wanted to buy some new ones but now I'll wait.

Support for a standard bluetooth controller would just be great!

Also thought in supporting the Kickstarter project of the new thingy with integrated battery. But despite its small size and integrated battery it doesn't come with advantages for me.

Can't wait for more information. Wanted to buy some new ones but now I'll wait.

Support for a standard bluetooth controller would just be great!

Also thought in supporting the Kickstarter project of the new thingy with integrated battery. But despite its small size and integrated battery it doesn't come with advantages for me.

We are working on the bt controller support. It will work with the SBrick. What type of controller that you have or planning to use with SBrick? I want to test with it :)

It was interesting to see that BuWizz not collected too much supporter with the integrated battery. I think integrated battery is a cool (but not necessary) feature because you can free up some space with it. SBrick Plus is something different, not exactly targeted on the same usage pattern that SBrick or BuWizz.

The integrated LI-Po is a huge plus -> there's no need to find space for the receiver! And there are no innecesary wires!

We are working on the bt controller support. It will work with the SBrick. What type of controller that you have or planning to use with SBrick? I want to test with it :)

It was interesting to see that BuWizz not collected too much supporter with the integrated battery. I think integrated battery is a cool (but not necessary) feature because you can free up some space with it. SBrick Plus is something different, not exactly targeted on the same usage pattern that SBrick or BuWizz.

Would be great if support for the X-Box Game Pad would be possible. No idea though if it has the required hardware support.

Any more information about the coming SBrick Plus?

Regarding BuWizz: The problem is actually that in my opionion SBrick is a far more mature product. And it will take at least a year if they want to cathcup with the SBrick. The only hardware difference is the integrated Battery wher I first thought I need this because the Lego rechargable ones are not really cheap. And charging the battery requires a special charger whereas the BuWizz can be charged by USB.

I believe only the new Xbox controller has ('normal') Bluetooth connection options.

The integrated LI-Po is a huge plus
depending on what's you're going to build and whether the price matters. It is OK, when you need 1 - i.e. 4 outputs are enough. But when you need many separately-controllable outputs, SBrick seems a better option from the point of "price per output" view.

depending on what's you're going to build and whether the price matters. It is OK, when you need 1 - i.e. 4 outputs are enough. But when you need many separately-controllable outputs, SBrick seems a better option from the point of "price per output" view.

Cannot say no that, the quantity of the outputs necesary may depend . Also sometimes you may need two battery boxes for a creation with many outputs to provide the necessary power. Everyone can choose their favourite in any case, I don't want to start a war :classic:

I believe only the new Xbox controller has ('normal') Bluetooth connection options.

Actually, the new XBox controller (the new new one) doesn't use Bluethooth. It's proprietary protocol.

(if I am not mistaken. You need a special dongle)

Actually, the new XBox controller (the new new one) doesn't use Bluethooth. It's proprietary protocol.

(if I am not mistaken. You need a special dongle)

Well, the new-new Xbox controller (so not the 'old' Xbox One controller, but the new Xbox One S controller) has Bluetooth aside from the proprietary protocol.

However, after a quick (really quick) google, the Bluetooth feature only works on Windows 10. :hmpf_bad: