SBrick Survey  

409 members have voted

1. 1. What is your prefered color for SBrick?

2. 2. What will be your primary LEGO theme used with SBricks?

3. 3. Which feature of SBrick do you like most?

• Stairtop design
    • Works in sunlight
    • Big range
    • Controllable by smartphone (via Bluetooth)
    • Remote control from the Internet
    • Profile designer
    • Child mode
    • Other (please post in this topic)

Hi,

Ok having seen the front page article on this I went to the store and then here to find 23 pages of stuff. What I couldn't find on the store is what a 2 in 1 or a 4 in 1 is compared to the standard sbrick. I think it's 2 sbricks in 1 box etc ?

I couldn't find any text to describe the differences on the website

I believe its 2 sbricks.

Im wondering what price the currency is in for that - $112.00? State the currency...

Edited by Kendo12

Hi,

Ok having seen the front page article on this I went to the store and then here to find 23 pages of stuff. What I couldn't find on the store is what a 2 in 1 or a 4 in 1 is compared to the standard sbrick. I think it's 2 sbricks in 1 box etc ?

I couldn't find any text to describe the differences on the website

Hi Seasider,

We've made few changes in our webshop: new product pictures, new product names and we modified the product descriptions a little bit.

About your questions: Yes, if you buy a 2 in 1 pack, you will get 2 SBricks, or if you buy the 4 in 1 pack, you will get 4 SBricks :)

The SBrick has teamed up with Scratch! Scratch is a free educating platform which uses drag and drop method to teach kids programming and robotics. Participating in education - this is something that the creators of SBrick envisioned from the start, and now it's becoming reality.

AWESOME!

What you’ll need for using SBrick with Scratch:

• A BLED112 USB bluetooth dongle from Bluegiga / Silicon Labs. You can buy one at DigiKey, Mouser or RS online. This device can be plugged into an USB port, and will look like a standard serial port. This allows using it on a wide range of devices.

I already have a bluetooth dongle on my Linux PC: Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)

How can I check whether this one will suffice?

(while I do have all the other ingredients, I'd appreciate it if there's a quick way to check before spending time on a setup that won't work)

I already have a bluetooth dongle on my Linux PC: Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)

How can I check whether this one will suffice?

(while I do have all the other ingredients, I'd appreciate it if there's a quick way to check before spending time on a setup that won't work)

It doesn't work. You have an ordinary Bluetooth dongle, not sure if it supports BT 4.0 BLE commands, but even if it does it will not work - for this to work you do need the BLED112.

The BLED112 has a programmable microcontroller on it so it's possible to insert some firmware on it that makes it work as a «broker» between Scratch and the SBrick.

It's also the same with LEGO WeDo 2.0.

It doesn't work. You have an ordinary Bluetooth dongle, not sure if it supports BT 4.0 BLE commands, but even if it does it will not work - for this to work you do need the BLED112.

The BLED112 has a programmable microcontroller on it so it's possible to insert some firmware on it that makes it work as a «broker» between Scratch and the SBrick.

It's also the same with LEGO WeDo 2.0.

ACK. Thanks for the prompt answer, I was already going to tinker with this... for nothing.

We've made few changes in our webshop: new product pictures, new product names and we modified the product descriptions a little bit.

Hi Tamas,

With all the new developments in software, case colours etc, has the SBrick team considered making its own battery pack yet? I believe that having a lipo with sufficient current output (like 3-4A) would make the SBrick an unbeatable product. If the SBrick could optionally plug straight down onto a battery pack without needing a wire, that would be amazing.

I ask because I know that you guys have used an RC lipo on a test model in your office, but these batteries come with some constrains like buying the specific chargers, resoldering the connectors and monitoring charge levels during use. This will still be the route I will go for, unless there are better options around the corner.

Guys, we are witing for new app for iOs and new functions! When???

Hey tamas I have two short questions: Is there a new version off the androod app in the making?

And is Firmware 8 the latest or is a newer version released?

Hi Guys,

@SevenStuds: We are working on two new hardwares. Both will be available this year. One of them will solve the "battery problem". So yes, we considered this topic and we already working on that. Stay tuned! :)

@rm8: The new iOS applcations alredy finished. It will available within 1-2 days in the Apple Store :)

@AkiyamaWataru: The new android application just released a few hours ago. It's available in the google play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vengit.sbrick&hl=en

News in the Android application:

- New BLE driver: latency and stability improvements

- New firmware: better latency, device re-naming

- Support for "advanced sequences": (Learn more about the advanced sequences: https://social.sbrick.com/forums/topic/111/profile-designer/view/post_id/3941)

The latest firmare version the 12

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask :)

Thanks,

Tamas

Hi Guys,

@SevenStuds: We are working on two new hardwares. Both will be available this year. One of them will solve the "battery problem". So yes, we considered this topic and we already working on that. Stay tuned! :)

[...]

Will those new products replace the current sBrick or accompany the current sBrick ('accessoires')?

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask :)

Thanks,

Tamas

Is possible to have an idea about when will available the "public" option on the profiles?

Thanks

Hi SBrick Fans!

We have tremendous amount of updates to present you now, so let's start! We just give a brief description then a follow-up link for more details.

• The new Android App is here and available in Google Play! The updates provide more stability and less disconnection between the‪SBrick‬ and the device, the new firmware allows better latency and device re-naming. Follow the link and get it now! (The new iOS app will be available very soon as well! Stay tuned!)
  • The Profile Designer has also something to offer: improved speed and stability, advanced sequence options. Design a new profile for your LEGO® creation NOW and test the updates:https://designer.sbrick.com/To get the whole picture about the Profile Designer, check out the User Guide.
  • Let's announce the winner of our Father's Day Competition: The 1st prize goes to Merlijn. You can read his entry here. He gets an SBrick, while all the participants get 15% off in our webshop!Congratulations to everyone, and thank you for all the great entries, shared stories and memories, creations, and thank you for the patience!
  • You can get separate LEGO® extension wires in our webstore now, which can be really handy when you order a new SBrick.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

(Legolijntje and Lucio, thanks for your questions. I'll come back with the answers soon.)

Very exciting! I really like where this is going! Having the extension wires is a big plus. Thanks!

awesome... it doesn't work anymore

i upgraded the app, upgraded the firmware and nothing happens anymore, it doesn't even have the LED test working.

please consider this Sbrick has 3 days of life....

Edited by piterx

awesome... it doesn't work anymore

i upgraded the app, upgraded the firmware and nothing happens anymore, it doesn't even have the LED test working.

please consider this Sbrick has 3 days of life....

Please contact us at info@sbrick.com. We want to help you to debug this.

Thanks!

Hello dear Sbrick Team!

For future development: I would appretiate a physical controller unit like the Lego IR one, only with BT and linear control swithes instead of 0-1 digital.

At the moment too much pheriperials needed, with too much IT buzz - for me (check app, firmware, devices, connection, why doesn't work, why not with Android / Windos / iOS, etc...). I still enjoy the IR system more: turn it on, and go!

My vision:

You turn on the battery on the model - Sbrick activates. This wakes up the paired BT Controller unit. In case signal is lost, You can pair the controller with a dedicated "Search" button on it with active Sbrick. Might be idealistic, but as an average user who is not keen on programming and having (IT) gadgets, this would be the ideal solution.

Hope this feeback is valuable for You, at least cold be tested on market with a query, maybe there is more potential user like me... jut kidding, I know, I am unique! :grin:

Best regards!

Edited by agrof

Hello dear Sbrick Team!

For future development: I would appretiate a physical controller unit like the Lego IR one, only with BT and linear control swithes instead of 0-1 digital.

At the moment too much pheriperials needed, with too much IT buzz - for me (check app, firmware, devices, connection, why doesn't work, why not with Android / Windos / iOS, etc...). I still enjoy the IR system more: turn it on, and go!

My vision:

You turn on the battery on the model - Sbrick activates. This wakes up the paired BT Controller unit. In case signal is lost, You can pair the controller with a dedicated "Search" button on it with active Sbrick. Might be idealistic, but as an average user who is not keen on programming and having (IT) gadgets, this would be the ideal solution.

Hope this feeback is valuable for You, at least cold be tested on market with a query, maybe there is more potential user like me... jut kidding, I know, I am unique! :grin:

Best regards!

Dear Agrof,

Thanks for your reply. I think your idea is pretty cool. We already have hw joy support in our todo list. It means we support hw joystick from the APP, so the phone act as a gateway between the SBrick and the joy. Your idea can be better because it reduce the latency. Maybe we can create custom firmware for SBrick to handle some hw gamepad directly, but we needs some time to check it out.

Btw what kind of joy do you prefer? Of course the joy needs to be Bluetooth 4.0 compatible to use it with SBrick directly.

Hello pasztorl!

Beside the latency, I would like to get rid of the phone completely. Than I can use it to shoot videos about the ride for example. :wink:

I prefer music, hiking... oh wait... so personally I am for the Lego IR controller as it is, except the digital control as I wrote before. The switches should be continuously variable, so way much better control over steering and speed. Also I like the versatility of the body of it, lot variations can be built around (for car, excavator, truck, etc...), so buildability is a must. My 2cents.

EDIT: same as for SBrick - as it is 1:1 replacable with the IR Receiver, people can build same MOCs with either of them.

This would / should not replace the app, just extend your product profile. I am just happy if this will happen, the "when" is not important. Design-test-production is a long way, we all understand. Thank You for listening! :classic:

Best regards!

Edited by agrof

Hi SBrick Fans!

We have tremendous amount of updates to present you now, so let's start! We just give a brief description then a follow-up link for more details.

• The new Android App is here and available in Google Play! The updates provide more stability and less disconnection between the‪SBrick‬ and the device, the new firmware allows better latency and device re-naming. Follow the link and get it now! (The new iOS app will be available very soon as well! Stay tuned!)
  • The Profile Designer has also something to offer: improved speed and stability, advanced sequence options. Design a new profile for your LEGO® creation NOW and test the updates:https://designer.sbrick.com/To get the whole picture about the Profile Designer, check out the User Guide.
  • Let's announce the winner of our Father's Day Competition: The 1st prize goes to Merlijn. You can read his entry here. He gets an SBrick, while all the participants get 15% off in our webshop!Congratulations to everyone, and thank you for all the great entries, shared stories and memories, creations, and thank you for the patience!
  • You can get separate LEGO® extension wires in our webstore now, which can be really handy when you order a new SBrick.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

(Legolijntje and Lucio, thanks for your questions. I'll come back with the answers soon.)

How can I get my discount?

I just have to add that I think it's so awesome to have this type of open conversation with the developers of the 3'rd party products like SBrick. When last have you been able to discuss a future set release with a LEGO set designer or part developer? Why do we have to resort to making hypothetical topics like "questions for LEGO designers" (and wait forever for "the one" to go for a rare interview) instead of just having them here on EB and having a conversation? The level of secrecy (for obvious corporate reasons) makes TLG feel like a fortress. I guess Apple and some other companies must do the same do to their large size.

What users really want is to openly discuss their wishes for parts, functions, colours and have the people making the products actually take notice and respond.

Anyone know what additional features the new sbrick+ will have?

Yes, I know :sweet:

(But I can't tell)