SBrick Survey  

409 members have voted

1. 1. What is your prefered color for SBrick?

2. 2. What will be your primary LEGO theme used with SBricks?

3. 3. Which feature of SBrick do you like most?

• Stairtop design
    • Works in sunlight
    • Big range
    • Controllable by smartphone (via Bluetooth)
    • Remote control from the Internet
    • Profile designer
    • Child mode
    • Other (please post in this topic)

Changed the title to SmartBrick (SBrick) General Discussion.

And included this topic in the Index.

Very nice and informative video Sariel!

Here a second video I made of my "SBricked" 8043 Motorized Excavator.

A third video in the works! :classic:

Here's my little video review of the final SBrick:

Sure, "practical" is the first thing I think when I see a tracked mini roll by! :)

Apologies with is has been asked already, but can you program the duration of an action?

Not yet, at least with the Android App. But that's a nice feature you could suggest to SBrick team, please drop by SBrick forum.

Could someone please tell me how can I access the profile Sariel was using around 6:30 of his video? (

) Or any generic profile where I can access all the four outputs of the sbrick?

Another thing: I read somewhere that it is a known bug that the motors stop as you pull the controls to their max range, and it will be fixed soon. Is this something which happens for everyone in every case, or there is a trick how you can avoid it? It happens to me all the time, and makes it really hard to use.

Now playing with 8275S... :wink:

Enjoy!

Not yet, at least with the Android App. But that's a nice feature you could suggest to SBrick team, please drop by SBrick forum.

At least that is in the original plan.

"Programmable Firmware

Add routine tasks and your SBrick can function without the remote control app."

Much like old LEGO Control Center, I guess. :laugh:

Could someone please tell me how can I access the profile Sariel was using around 6:30 of his video? (

) Or any generic profile where I can access all the four outputs of the sbrick?

Another thing: I read somewhere that it is a known bug that the motors stop as you pull the controls to their max range, and it will be fixed soon. Is this something which happens for everyone in every case, or there is a trick how you can avoid it? It happens to me all the time, and makes it really hard to use.

Yes, that's "Test 2" in Android Profiles.

Other custom profiles are only available for iOS, at the momment.

Yes, that's "Test 2" in Android Profiles.

I only have access to iOS, is that "test 2" profile available for iOS, or anything similar? I only found profiles with only two channels, or the custom ones in the market, but they are pretty specialized.

Is there a SBrick User Guide available anywhere? My SBrick is on its way (shipping confirmation email came about a week ago) but I'd like to start learning how to program it before it arrives. Any help?

Is there a SBrick User Guide available anywhere? My SBrick is on its way (shipping confirmation email came about a week ago) but I'd like to start learning how to program it before it arrives. Any help?

Not sure what do you mean by programming. You can download and run the sbrick app, but I don't think it is worth to do that without the sbrick itself. Also I guess there will be some massive update to the apps shortly.

Does anyone happen to have an LDraw-DAT-file of the SBrick allready ?

I have sent it to you. Sorry for the delay :wink:

I figured out how to modify profiles on iOS and create custom skins for it. I will be making a post on that tomorrow. I am wondering, with my 4th Gen IPod, the app is recognizing it as a IPhone 5 and thus a portion of the screen isn't visable. Is the 4th gen IPod not supported or does the app need to be optimized for it?

I figured out how to modify profiles on iOS and create custom skins for it. I will be making a post on that tomorrow. I am wondering, with my 4th Gen IPod, the app is recognizing it as a IPhone 5 and thus a portion of the screen isn't visable. Is the 4th gen IPod not supported or does the app need to be optimized for it?

Can't wait for that, exactly what I would like to get.

For anyone that already has this is it any good of worth it? How well does it respond or work. Does it make jumpy movements etc.

Thanks

Edited by davidmull

I wish that I knew they were packing in stickers with the SBricks.. I ripped open the envelope and tore the sticker sheet in half... :laugh:

I wish that I knew they were packing in stickers with the SBricks.. I ripped open the envelope and tore the sticker sheet in half... :laugh:

Well, I wish our postmen knew that, the sticker sheet in my envelope wad so wrinkled, that it is practicaly unusable!

I didn't even know what I ordered.

:grin:

They are here.

I simply can NOT believe how tiny they are!

I want to put one on my Jurgen's Ultimate 42009.

Edited by rollermonkey

Although the sBrick is small, they do have a different profile to the IR receiver, when you have connected your cables. This means you can't always just swap them out with an existing IR receiver, especially if the IR receivers are enclosed in the model.

I had Madoca's Pickup on hand and found that, when replacing the IR receiver, the sBrick (with stacked connectors on the lower step, for the two XLs) was too tall for the roof to be re-installed.

This will be worth bearing in mind for the entrants in the TC6 competition!

Edited by Boulderer

For anyone that already has this is it any good of worth it? How well does it respond or work. Does it make jumpy movements etc.

Thanks

You must be joking. There were lots of review videos. Here is one from Sariel:

but there are also a lot on TechnicBRICKs. Did you miss these all?