SBrick Survey  

409 members have voted

1. 1. What is your prefered color for SBrick?

2. 2. What will be your primary LEGO theme used with SBricks?

3. 3. Which feature of SBrick do you like most?

• Stairtop design
    • Works in sunlight
    • Big range
    • Controllable by smartphone (via Bluetooth)
    • Remote control from the Internet
    • Profile designer
    • Child mode
    • Other (please post in this topic)

Omg... this is awesome and soooo small :thumbup:

And that timing. I'm also working on a project to use my normal radio controller with +1000m range... but it's waaaaay bigger (and may over-sized in terms of current handling) :grin:

kW8F7tv.jpg

I think I'll throw in some $ for your coffee :wink:

Cookie

Thx for the coffee Cookie! ;)

This is an AMAZING idea and looks great!

Will the SBrick also work with The Speed controller too? If so I am sure many Train fans would also like to see this if you want to post that over there!

Great Idea!

Keep Bricken' -RailCo

This is an AMAZING idea and looks great!

Will the SBrick also work with The Speed controller too? If so I am sure many Train fans would also like to see this if you want to post that over there!

Great Idea!

Keep Bricken' -RailCo

Doubt that since the speed controller is IR and this is Bluetooth. In any case, using the speed controller would negate most of the features of this part. So there would be little point in having it compatible.

How many functions can you control at the same time? The video only shows drive and steer, but what about controlling gearboxes, winches and cranes?

I think he means, will this have the proportional control that the train remote has

if I understand correctly, PF motors get power all the time, and its a data signal to start rotation (varied speeds, direction) but the PF lights will turn on and stay on once power is applied. Will the Sbrick be able to turn on and off lights? im sure the app can be set for momentary and maintained functions.

I think he means, will this have the proportional control that the train remote has

if I understand correctly, PF motors get power all the time, and its a data signal to start rotation (varied speeds, direction) but the PF lights will turn on and stay on once power is applied. Will the Sbrick be able to turn on and off lights? im sure the app can be set for momentary and maintained functions.

There is a lot of info posted on their kickstarter page. Including the PF elements it will be compatible with.

See this:

14477367717_1e0bbdb8ac.jpg

Awesome idea. Love it!

We are very happy about your feedback!! If you like us, please support our project (http://kck.st/1sf6zOU) and you can be among the first who receive SBrick!

And after that, if you want to get more information, pls. follow us on facebook: facebook.com/sbrick

If you have any questions do not hesitate to write us: info@sbrick.com

Interesting project!

This is what whe all waiting for years :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yes, we also wanted it:) We hope that the project gathering funds and it will become commercially available for everyone. But we need you and maybe our dream can come true! So if you like the SBrick project, pls support us (kck.st/1sf6zOU ) and be a part of our project! You can get more information if you follow us on facebook: facebook.com/sbrick.

Looks fantastic! I may have to put aside my purist tendencies for this. :grin:

How many functions can you control at the same time? The video only shows drive and steer, but what about controlling gearboxes, winches and cranes?

The kickstart page says up to 64 functions.

Doubt that since the speed controller is IR and this is Bluetooth. In any case, using the speed controller would negate most of the features of this part. So there would be little point in having it compatible.

SBrick does not compatible with the speed controller. SBrick (in that perspective) is a speed controller. ;)

It appears that I will be getting the privilege of testing one of these cool new S-Bricks out... Guess I better start building something interesting and different to make good use of it... :wink:

I find this extremely interesting! But before we can consider helping promote this, please first add a lot more info, explanations and background - incl. some pics) in the first post.

Backed! Kicked! Funded! Whatever you want to call it, I'm in for a pair of them!

Question:

All the images show the staircase layout, but the first stretch goal says 'stair top design', which is correct? Will they be like the pictures from day one, or only if the 100.000GBP mark is reached?

For those asking about lights, buried in the text on the Kickstarter page it says you can control the intensity of lights, so I'd bet that means off, too.

It appears that I will be getting the privilege of testing one of these cool new S-Bricks out... Guess I better start building something interesting and different to make good use of it... :wink:

I will help to create a unique remote controller profile for your MOC. ;)

I find this extremely interesting! But before we can consider helping promote this, please first add a lot more info, explanations and background - incl. some pics) in the first post.

Wow, thanks! We are working on it!

I'm pretty interested in the programmable firmware. On your website, it is stated that an programmable routine will allow the motors to run without a remote controller. My questions are:

1. Whether this feature is realized by embedding a MCU which means a much higher flexibility for the user to program the routine and means that a routine need not to be a per-determined flow but a flow that can change on-fly based certain conditions.

2. In order to realize the on-fly changing routine, some input from outside world will be necessary. So the next question is that whether the module is possible for a future expansion to include a input port for like sensors?

Question to the developers:

Do you foresee any problems getting the controller app integrated into the official app stores like Google Play store and equivalents?

In cases like this, I wish I had a credit card so I could back the project :sceptic:

In cases like this, I wish I had a credit card so I could back the project :sceptic:

me too

is there a expected price range for the final product?

Edited by efferman

Looks like @40GBP based on the backer reward tiers.

29 GBP gets you one 'below expected retail' 40GBP gets a first batch pre-order, 55GBP gets you choice of color, and 70GBP gets you two SBricks with some instructions on how to incorporate them into the MKII crane.

me too

Here in Australia (presumably this holds for other countries as well), you can purchase pre-paid cards from places like the Post Office that work exactly like a credit card, except that you don't get any actual credit.

This is great. Double deck design and facing all the plugs one way is a win.

Here in Australia (presumably this holds for other countries as well), you can purchase pre-paid cards from places like the Post Office that work exactly like a credit card, except that you don't get any actual credit.

We have such pre-paid credit cards here in germany, but it's just like a regular CC. Only difference: You need to fill it before using instead of paying at the end of the month. Still the same hassle as a regular card.