Sign in to follow this  
jtr

Retired Trains Sets - I'd be will to pay x

I started this thread because I'm contemplating buying a LEGO 10219 MAERSK TRAIN for $350 AUD (Details) and wanted to know what other Lego train enthusiast would be willing to pay for this set.

I'd probably be persuaded to buy the set if others where willing to pay close to that amount - ah you got love how we try and justify our wants.

I thought this may be useful for other retired Lego trains sets so please feel free to add you own . . ."I'd be willing to pay X for set xxxxx"

Me, I'd be willing to pay $250 -$300 for a 10219 MAERSK TRAIN

Guy in hong kong has these on bricklink, i bought 3 recently off him, great to deal with. Worked out roughly about $240 each at my door

Interesting topic. A couple of years ago I bricklinked the parts to build 10133 BNSF. I ordered the parts along with other projects, but I calculated it out that I spent ~$170 on it, which at the time wasn't much cheaper than the used sets that were available. It was more fun this way though, and spread the cost out over a few months. But for a originally $40 set? Man I wish I could have bought that when it was available new. I sure hope I don't get obsessed with any other retired train set...

i bought this not so long ago for $300AUS delivered http://www.ebay.com....tm/111337696713

- Did the transaction go smoothly ? How long was delivery?

Thanks for everybody's input. I need to decide between the maersk cargo train or the new blue cargo train (both $300 AUD)

Emerald Knight would be the next retired set . . . I'd be willing to pay $300

- Did the transaction go smoothly ? How long was delivery?

Thanks for everybody's input. I need to decide between the maersk cargo train or the new blue cargo train (both $300 AUD)

Emerald Knight would be the next retired set . . . I'd be willing to pay $300

Sorry wouldnt have posted if it wasnt.. a week i think max to come in

I would Ignore the new blue cargo train its more of a kids train, and go out and buy the Maersk train,you wont be disappointed If you can get past the price :look:

( i bought mine when they first came out for $150 AUD i wish i bought a few :wacko: )

The Maersk & the Emerald Night are the prize of my collection. i paid $260AUD for my Emerald Night.

I paid £160 GBP for my Maersk; works out to 315NZD I think, so your budget seems about right.

Out of the new blue cargo train and the Maersk set, I'd go for the Maersk; much more complex/satisfying build. But, no track or motors!

Hi...nice choice for buying 10192...

I love the Lego 3677 Nd I think it is best among rest...in my city I would be happy to display the: 10192, 3677 and the 60052..for me these are the only trains I want.

Necessary to check Bricklink before buying from ebay..Bricklink offer a great deal.

Good luck and happy hunting!

The only up-priced set I bought was a Super Chief.... I lucked out on a bricklink auction (way back in 2007, when they actually still had auctions) and got it for $100. I generally am too cheap to pay more than MSRP for sets, though... I would rather go without. I built the cars from bricklinking parts... with some minor modifications. Good enough for me.