This past Saturday, I rebuild my abandoned Mustang chassis (and made some improvements)

. Here's what I got done:

14636390114_99ed233eec_o.jpg

Features are all the same so far:

- Front independent suspension with Anti-dive geometry, caster angle, kingpin inclination, and Ackerman geometry

- Rear leaf spring suspension

- Return-to-center R/C steering

- Remote control drive

The main improvement with this chassis so far is a slightly more compact gear system for the steering, which allowed me to move the drive motor up (and add a second drive motor). Here's the old chassis for comparison:

12725804303_c0c865595f_b.jpg

This Saturday, at 12:00 PM Pacific Time, I'll be hosting another build livestream. There, I'll be building the cabin and dashboard, possibly more. Here's the link.

In the meantime, what do you guys think of the rebuild so far?

After playing around with the new Mustang chassis, I noticed that the rear axle was too stiff. So, I started tinkering with slightly longer leaf springs, and before I knew it, I had rebuilt the entire rear section of the Mustang.

14692165763_3c261dd177_b.jpg

It now has 16L leaf springs (14L previously), and I've also increased the caster angle. Smaller improvements include a cleaner design, longer driveshaft between CV joints, and a dial for controlling battery box power (useful for light brightness). The front axle is the same as before, nothing changed there.

Thoughts?

Can't wait to see sthis compelted. I like the fact that the battery box is where the real life fuel tank would be :)

Added an anti-roll bar to the front suspension today, and after updating the LDD file, I made this presentation of the suspension features.

14493975570_e71f95ebbe_b.jpg

14712117073_fb91ef94d5_o.jpg

In less than 2 hours, I'll be livestreaming more building and answering any questions you might have. Event page is here.

How does front suspension work? The spring seems to be quite a dsitance from the actual arm?

It still works, but the suspension is a lot softer.

Cant wait for the LDD. I really want to make that front suspension!

I'll release the LDD later today, since I'll be out of town for a week. :tongue:

Edited by Victor Kojenov (TFOL)

Streamed for 3.5 hours today, got a lot done!

14507824980_a70cce6733_b.jpg

Interior is mostly done, with fully adjustable front seats, working steering wheel, and opening console box. Also started work on the front end, with temporary gray panels (will order red ones). The hood opens with a realistic linkage, like those found on real cars. Minor details include a hood prop rod and some wheel caps.

Was on vacation for a week, but I'm back and building! The car's starting to look more like a Mustang with each day.

14794237014_f85e72d469_o.jpg

Also, there will be another livestream this Saturday, again from 12:00-15:00 Pacific time. In the meantime, thoughts on the project so far?

Looking good so far. I really like the front suspension, very well designed :thumbup:

Livestreaming the rear end in an hour RIGHT NOW, come say hi! (LINK)

Edited by Victor Kojenov (TFOL)

Almost done! Just need to order some parts from Bricklink (mainly the red panels) and do a few touch ups. Aside from that, this thing still drives, the suspension works flawlessly, and hood, trunk, and doors open! Oh, and I changed the shifter design to look a little nicer :tongue:

14810717921_6ff1a75746_b.jpg

Looks great! I need a 5 x 11 and 3 x 11 red panel myself..

They're dropping in price on Bricklink (finally) :classic:

Do you have a date in mind for your next stream? :classic:

Not sure yet. There probably won't be any more streams for the Mustang (since it's basically finished), so the next stream will probably be when the next project starts.

They're dropping in price on Bricklink (finally) :classic:

I would just order them straight from Lego...They should both only be around $1 to $2 each and should be available very soon... I call them every other day to check on the release... :wink:

I am doing a Red Version of my Phantasm TT with the Yellow wheels from the 42030...

Edited by Paul Boratko