SG: Chateau of Roses

I'd like to claim UoP credits for Architecture: advanced windows, and Architecture: 1x1 round plate walls

14643649152_2387c48d1f.jpg

The Chateau of Roses was commissioned by the Church of the Ormai as an immortal testament to their good will towards the city of Sultan's Gate. The building is under federal jurisdiction, but is planned as an executive residence or consulate. The name honors the Houses of Hlaemeda and Phylactor, both of which have a rose insignia for their house crest.

14643656542_bebeeab4bb_n.jpg

A side view

14641891254_6ca67bd0bf_n.jpg

A close up of the ornamentation and dome

This moc is for the Sultan's Gate Community Build (Kaliphlin). I'm satisfied how this came out, and was intended as a follow-up to the simple snot technique I tested with my Baladil Plantation, Hacienda moc. I am not quite satisfied with the photos (I'll be disappearing for a week or so, and am still working on gaining adequate skill to use my photo editing well). A note about my second UoP claim: I'm not completely certain this will qualify for that credit, and will discard the claim if the public's verdict is that it is irrelevant to the build. I was originally not going to do (another :grin: ) tower, and it was going to be a tower for a larger keep which never materialized due to lack of the necessary bricks. C&C appreciated.

Edited by Scaevola

Really cool building Scaevola! All your buildings have a very unique style, which is great! My only criticism would be the lack of a base. I find that even a small little base really benefits a build, even if it's just a little bit of the surrounding terrain. But great job on this! :thumbup:

Such a elegant and formal looking building, with such nice detail. Great job!

Although the side is slightly plain compared to all the detail of the front

Call it being OCD, but I think it would help if the droid heads were all perfectly aligned. Other than that this is some great architecture!

Interesting details on the front, especially the droid heads :classic:

UoP +1 for Architecture: advanced windows, and Architecture: 1x1 round plate walls

This has to be my fav of your series of towers - the facade ornamentation is lavish without being over the top, the green dome works well and i'm heartened to see that you've added a door as well. :classic::thumbup: I do agree with others though that the side of the building is a little plain, and i'd love to see this building put in some kind of context by adding the street scene around it. In addition, the white showing through the windows is rather distracting - some drapes, or a back wall, or even just a stack of black bricks behind the windows would really sell the illusion of a solid building.

UoP +1 for adv. windows and 1x1 round plate walls.

I also agree that the sides could use some of the beauty the facade has, but that being said, you continue to nail the Middle-Eastern style in your builds. Great job! +1 to the UoP claims

Lovely architecture Scaevola! I love how intricate the facade is and, like Gabe said, by no means over the top detail. You have such a unique style yet so Kaliphlin-esque. I would love to see this as part of a street scene!

Really cool building Scaevola! All your buildings have a very unique style, which is great! My only criticism would be the lack of a base. I find that even a small little base really benefits a build, even if it's just a little bit of the surrounding terrain. But great job on this! :thumbup:

This is so you! But I really agree about the base.

Thanks guys. I wholeheartedly agree about the base. I was a little overzealous with the regulations for the Sultan's Gate Challenge (it rewards those who do small, detailed, builds and outlined the ideal base ranges, though I should have included a small base)

Great tower- love the snot! And the droid head use is great!

Very elegant build :thumbup:

Thank you

Such a elegant and formal looking building, with such nice detail. Great job!

Although the side is slightly plain compared to all the detail of the front

A great point. I shall definitely spruce up those areas in my future builds

Call it being OCD, but I think it would help if the droid heads were all perfectly aligned. Other than that this is some great architecture!

Thank you MKJ. I will try to make the droid heads more level, though the inner two do not use the "hinge" pieces, as they do not come in 1x1 proportions. Therefore, I resorted to the utilization of a clip piece which affords little flexibility regarding position

Interesting details on the front, especially the droid heads :classic:

UoP +1 for Architecture: advanced windows, and Architecture: 1x1 round plate walls

Thanks Gideon

This has to be my fav of your series of towers - the facade ornamentation is lavish without being over the top, the green dome works well and i'm heartened to see that you've added a door as well. :classic::thumbup: I do agree with others though that the side of the building is a little plain, and i'd love to see this building put in some kind of context by adding the street scene around it. In addition, the white showing through the windows is rather distracting - some drapes, or a back wall, or even just a stack of black bricks behind the windows would really sell the illusion of a solid building.

UoP +1 for adv. windows and 1x1 round plate walls.

Thank you for your praise and critique Gabe. I will include a back wall in my next build. I will also work to improve on the other areas I previously addressed.

Those poor droids! Nice build though!

The next droid shipment has not even came in yet...this is nothing...

I also agree that the sides could use some of the beauty the facade has, but that being said, you continue to nail the Middle-Eastern style in your builds. Great job! +1 to the UoP claims

Lovely architecture Scaevola! I love how intricate the facade is and, like Gabe said, by no means over the top detail. You have such a unique style yet so Kaliphlin-esque. I would love to see this as part of a street scene!

Thank you for the comments and critique :classic:

Edited by Scaevola

I like the cheese 'siding' technique you use on the building's walls, very inventive! :thumbup: UoP +1 for windows and 1x1 walls!

I like the cheese 'siding' technique you use on the building's walls, very inventive! :thumbup: UoP +1 for windows and 1x1 walls!

Thanks Kai :classic:

Excellent facade, the colors and textures work well together :thumbup: The door and dome are cool features :classic:

I love the use of the droid heads!! :D

Very nice building Scae!

Amazing color sheme, the best building I have seen from you dude,,, awesome

Excellent facade, the colors and textures work well together :thumbup: The door and dome are cool features :classic:

I love the use of the droid heads!! :D

Very nice building Scae!

Really great. It has a very middle eastern look. I love it!

Amazing color sheme, the best building I have seen from you dude,,, awesome

Thank you :classic:

This looks great and I love how you used the Star Wars droid heads, very clever!

This looks great and I love how you used the Star Wars droid heads, very clever!

Thanks. I'm quite fond of the technique.