Rufus

Contest Turtle Contest - Entry Thread

While there's space far far away, there's also space a little closer to us...

Orion Turtle

1-orion-turtle.jpg

Nobody ever heard of the small Leotorto country, except Leotorto’s inhabitants. Located – or rather stuck – on a lonely island in the middle of the sea, Leotorto’s leaders have tried since time forgot to leave their mark on the world. In the Space Race period, they did something that nobody had ever done: sending a turtle in orbit. Since then, their “Orion Turtle” (their national sport is to look at constellations) has graced the night sky, shining like a star in memory of Leotorto’s greatest achievement.

To see Orion's head behind the helmet, head to the behind-the-scene: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=546507 !

P.s: I learned that Mischievous Blue Shell (my first competitor) was undoubtedly doomed from the very beginning (third-party ideas are forbidden). Since I wanted a four-members cell like the TMNT, Orion turtle is kindly replacing its blue partner!

* Note: the white tube is purely for animal safety in space decoration and breaks the size limit. It can be removed if necessary, and so, must not really be considered as part of the turtle itself. (this looks like a disclaimer)

Shortly after the Blacktron I's stole the specs of the original turtle, the Fururon colony discovered magnets, which led to the foundation of M: Tron. With new technology, the scientists and engineers redesigned the turtle to have longer resistance to the elments, stronger armor for battles, and an interchangeable system on top, so that it either a weapon or a tool could be added. The use of magnets on the turtle also helped during mining, and/or other locations and tasks.

14677321429_b9d128a135.jpgM: Tron Turtle (Better Angle)

Wonder if anyone noticed my mistakes on the arrows..... In all my other photos they are correct.....

Edited by Commander Beltar

Using technology the Blacktrons sold the UFOs, they created their own attack turtles. Equipped with the average weapon of a UFO, but with Heavier armor.

This Type of UFO turtle was used in the Failed attempt to take over earth.

14653489970_1765d4079c.jpgUFO Turtle

Edited by Commander Beltar

Year 2115... humanity's thirst for knowledge about the unknown that surrounds us led to the development of a special non-military project, initially called ET1. This multinational effort produced an autonomous and highly intelligent machinery... Explo Turtle.

Its mission is to peacefully explore new planets and life forms, to boldly go where no other human has gone before. In order to accomplish these tasks, it relies on powerful warp drive engines and deflector shields to escape any kind of attack, especially since it has no weapons.

For visual information gathering and analysis, it uses 2 front eyes and a dome camera, all highly sensitive, suited for work in extremely dark environments and also capable of infrared imaging.

Its entire body is very flexible with all four legs offering independent movements. The back shell together with its engines and head can perform a 360 degree rotation in relation to its legs.

The head cover, shaped in the form of a sensei's hat, serves not only for gear protection, but also as a reminder of the Zen principles that guided the construction of this magnificent work of science.

Please join me in wishing Explo Turtle many fruitful adventures and may it send back to Earth lots of useful information that will help us gain a better understanding about our role in the universe's grand scheme.

14841191716_505901b3e3_z.jpg

P.S. It fits within an 8x8 square.

For more photos, please visit my Flickr page.

Thanks for watching.

My 3rd and probably final entry. It might not be exactly what the competition was asking for, but it's not bigger than 8 x 8 and it does have a turtle in it.

14885449203_a96bd2b8fe_c.jpg

Turtle Shrine by IamKritch, on Flickr

my entry for the contest and 2 more in my flicker account :)

14678877390_46cbc6723b_z.jpg

entry 1: //www.flickr.com/photos/77023397@N05/14679029357/

entry 2: //www.flickr.com/photos/77023397@N05/14863100324/

Edited by TechPriest

Hello my friends my name is Thur_Thle.

I'm a special turtle with long neck. I have two head it means with two long neck too on another side.

You can call me Thur "the sheriff" and Thle "the singer" (my second head). I'm a happy turtle but sometimes we have a little bit trouble with Thle. Because he always playing and singing a whole day it's distrubing my job for sheriff.

Oh oh...listen Thle is singing again wk wk wk ..ok thanks you my friend this is my tiny life in turtle world

Thur-Thle3_zps1zghjtn9.jpg

Flickr Thur-Thle4

Edited by eka raharja mardani

Hey hey! Done my entry for Turtle contest: Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda.

Sadly it's only bust, because of rules of contest (8x8 platform maximum size), and this one is 8x8 diagonal, so this is the reason why not full size figure, but i still

hope you'll like it!

14680092410_62a9fee81e_c.jpg

p.s. more photos in my gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/62087062@N07/

Exo Eco-T is a special waste management turtle set out to collect metal waste in Exo Universe.

14680923347_1e02d23899_c.jpg

Alternative view: Exo Eco-T

Here is my 7th and most likely last entry in this epic contest, the Turtle 928.

14680709958_4d1cd8fd8e.jpg

Turtle 928 by Yatkuu, on Flickr

Thanks to EB and TLG for all this turtle craziness... and good luck to the judges!

Hello, everyone, a lot of wonderful and unexpected models we have seen here! Owning a pair of real 30 y.o. turtles, i simply couldn't go pass this contest!

1st entry:

14867681632_8b65a636c5_z.jpg

B6 by Yanakin, on Flickr

more pics:

Edited by yanakin

Mobile Underwater Turtle Transport

The latest advancement of the species. An addition to the fleet of mechanical turtle transportation.

14866698441_5a684caa80_z.jpg

M.U.T.T. by Jarren Harkema, on Flickr

I think I'm done now :grin:

Here's my third entry!

Its a landturtle:

14573288748_573a451a51.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

jaapxaap

P.s. I've replaced this entry because in my previous post were 2 turtles, and now they are separated....