Rufus

Contest Turtle Contest - Entry Thread

Happy 1st Birthday!!! Turtle cake.

14843914304_874deb8d61_z.jpg

Exo-Weltur is equip with 4 welding legs, a fire extinguisher tail and 2 spotlights under it body. The spaceman best turtle in Exo Universe.14666531027_6b9c6c12b5_c.jpg

View other angles here: Exo-Weltur

Marine Salvage Drone - MK I "Snapper"

The marine salvage drone was designed to allow ships and their cargo to be recovered following a shipwreck, without the need to endanger human life. Each drone could be remotely operated or programmed to follow simple routines. The Mark I was primarily equipped for tearing through wreckage and recovering cargo. It also became routine to equip the Mark I with auxillary grappling hooks to allow it to assist with more complex recovery operations.

As a result of its appearance, the Mark I became affectionately known as the "Snapper".

14823855076_2c7386037e_c.jpg

If you need a higher resolution image for the poster, the original size of 3072x2304 is available here.

It may look larger than 8x8, but it will fit diagonally on an 8x8 base plate, as shown here.

More photos can be found on the full set on Flickr: Marine Salvage Drone.

One more entry from me; the TIE-tle.

DSCF2502_zpsed11c0ee.jpg

I had this built almost as soon as my first entry was up but I was holding on hoping to get hold of some grey/black wedges for the wings. Oh well since I'm away on holiday from tomorrow they're staying orange- hi vis you see because its experimental and Darth Turtle (awesome entry btw :classic: ) would surely be disappointed if his newest weapon was lost?

(Dammit just though of doing a death star turtle, so many turtles, so little time!)

Edit by Rufus: Sorry, Licensed entries aren't allowed.

Edited by Rufus

Sea, land, sky... Next destination: deep space!

SRS: Schildkröte Research Station

1-srs.jpg

Wandering in the Sea of Stars, the SRS holds a crew of 15 Testudians whose task is to index the new wave of turtle species appearing across the galaxy. While the crew has access to a turtle pod to visit remote exoplanets, the station is also equipped with a deep infrared reflection telescope (D.I.R.T....), allowing it to detect life forms light-years away. When closed, the telescope acts as a deflector shell, protecting the installation from recurring cosmic storms.

For a view of the opened telescope and the turtle pod, please consult the captain's log: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=546608

P.s: Last but not least, space. Decided to get closer to Reid's design this time.

My sea turtle entry, inspired by Finding Nemo's Squirt.

Yes, it does fit onto a 8x8 plate...barely, at a 45º angle.

14857035312_861a578921_c.jpg

Edited by PixelFox

Hi everyone,

My entry titled Courage - The transformable turtle

This is essentially a support turtle that transforms into an escape pod to rescue the spaceman in danger.

Specifications

1) 10 points of articulation.

2) Programable to perform solo operation.

3) Fully compatible with the Exo Suit.

More photos and video on Flickr

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/122873545@N05/sets/72157645867223037/

b9ehog.jpg

Edited by Ivanhosg

I see now my third turtle wasn´t the last one...

An idea that came in my mind while looking at the turtle above (by Ivanhosg):

The Alien Defense Jet-Pack Turtle (ADJT-4)

The ADJT-4 navigates independently to its target to evacuate or drop off an agent or a small cargo.

14673328919_5e89e7cfaf_z.jpg

It´s about 7x7 so it fits in the baseplate.

More pics:

https://www.flickr.c...in/photostream/

https://www.flickr.c...in/photostream/

Edited by Tobigo

Here's Myrtle!

This is a Multiple Region Transport Loader (MuRTL); ‘Myrtle the Turtle’, as operators affectionately call her.

Fortunately, after a long day of hauling, MuRTL likes it cozy, fitting into a transit rack only 8 units square. Give her a heat lamp, a quick wash, and some minerals for dinner, and she’ll contentedly power down until the next job, dreaming of electric sheep.

Features:

• Articulated legs
  • Rotating superstructure
  • Crane attachment
  • Positronic brain
  • Communications antenna (tail)

14880436383_035bf04a99.jpg

MuRTL 000 by GregoryBrick, on Flickr

(Edit: if it isn't clear, my Flickr album shows this creation fitting the 8x8 maximum size requirement)

Edited by GregoryBrick

I present You my Turtle Heavy Canon- Mark I :

14834811846_67e9f01835_z.jpg

Here You can find more pictures:

Edit by Rufus: Sorry, your entry is too large.

Edited by Rufus