Rufus

Contest Turtle Contest - Entry Thread

This is my second entry for the EB Turtle Contest: Mining Bot "Turtle 1". It is a mining bot with a driller and an analyzer. Enjoy! :classic:

14806878171_6f39ca75fc_c.jpg

Is it a bird?... Is it a plane?... No! It's...

Shy and Shellpuff

1-shy-and-shellpuff.jpg

Who ever said only men dreamt of flying? The curious turtle Shy always admired the sky – but how often we mocked him! He decided one day to show disbelievers his way, and out of shipwrecks he built himself a friend that would help him escape the infinite sea’s realm. He named him Shellpuff, the puffing airship turtle. And puffing once, the pals bounced right out of the ocean, and puffing twice, around the world they were in motion! Yet, full of emotion, they promised to come back with their pack filled with treasures and stuff.

To have a better look at Shy the Searoad turtle, Shelpuff long-legs and Coco the bird, hop in: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=546264 !

P.s: The frog name's "Claude" (He's french but everyone calls him "Cloud" anyway)

P.s.s: This is the tightest, but it does fit on an 8x8 plate, just for information! I measured everything with a lego-made T-square...

Edited by Niloc

Wiltur Wright, the flying turtle

When people see Wiltur for the first time, they don't really see him. They see the rocket. But Wiltur is not about the rocket. When they do get to him, it's always the same question. Why the rocket? Has he some need for speed? But Wiltur is not about the speed, not entirely. Or does he crave to fly? But Wiltur is not about the flying, not entirely. Then he has to long for freedom! But Wiltur is not about the freedom, not entirely.

At that stage, people look puzzled, and fearing for an answer they can't comprehend, go on to talk about the rocket. How did he get it? How did he attach it? How did he control it? Those are but trivial questions. People seem to avoid the answer that is most worth knowing. The answer that can't be captured in a question. The answer to the question what Wiltur is all about.

I don't think he ever got that question. Not as a real question in actually. Not as a question from someone that doesn't understand and is willing to show that. So I'm afraid I can't give you that answer that is most worth knowing.

Maybe his biggest wish was to be a pioneer, discovering what is possible. Maybe he wanted to destroy prejudice. Maybe... he was all against those pretender questions, and never even asked himself why he did what he did. Maybe he enjoyed not knowing, but embracing it at the same time. In any case, Wiltur Wright was happy. When he flew and when he died. Why? Because he wasn't waiting for any more answers.

In the end, Wiltur Wright, the flying turtle, wasn't all about the rocket, or the flying, or the speed, or the freedom. He wasn't all about.

14795814876_f65e7f5987_z.jpg

Wiltur Wright by Bert.VR, on Flickr

____

Just to clarify, Wiltur does fit in an 8x8xn box, if you place him with his head vertical. Just thought to clear that up.

Edited by BEAVeR

M-Tron variant M364 turtle

The M-Tron folks were upset that they didn't have an autonomous roving unit to do their mining for them, so they decided to modify an M364 turtle to do the work for them. So far, it's worked out pretty well for them, but we'll see how things go when it breaks down. That laser won't make anyone happy when it blinds them.

14635079207_88c563f1bd.jpg

More pictures on my flickr, including my mini-me fixing it (careful with that spanner!).

------------------

This is my first post here, and by extension my first competition entry. I've currently got a hankering after all things M-Tron, and was already putting this little chap together when I heard about this competition. There's some lovely entries here in the thread.

Hidden in the distant mists at the far reaches of the world of Ninjago, majestic creatures soar through the air...very slowly. These spirits of fire are more commonly known as...

14642055517_d13db033cc_c.jpgDragon-Turtle by Poochythegenius, on Flickr

Hooray for my first true contest entry! :D I built this the day the contest was announced, and then procrastinated about photographing the darn thing until now--I see I'm no longer the first Ninjago-inspired entry, but I don't think anyone else has built the requisite dragon, so... :tongue:

I actually have a much better wing design that I'll probably upload to my Flickr shortly, but sadly that version doesn't fit in an 8x8. :sad: I marvel at how much stuff so many of you have managed to fit inside such a tiny space--kudos, everyone! I am in awe of your skills. :sweet:

Hi all!

Here comes my entry for this contest. When I saw this turtle topic I first thought about the novels of the discworld by Terry Prachett.

Great A'Tuin is the Giant Star Turtle who travels through the Discworld universe's space carrying four giant elephants (named Berilia, Tubul, Great T'Phon, and Jerakeen) who in turn carry the Discworld.

So, it's simply called:

Great A'Tuin

14642640809_9b0aff62dc.jpg

See more at: My Flickr

-Aredhel

G-4010 "Galapagos" Long Range Mobile Sensor Platform

Designed to run for extended periods of time in challenging environments, the G-4000 series is designed for reliability, not for speed.

Each leg has 4 points of articulation which helps it traverse the most uncooperative terrain.

With a number of attachment points for optional equipment (G-4010 model pictured) the Galapagos can be adapted to many a wide variety of niche missions.

Additional long range communications equipment included on the G-4010 helps the Galapagos with missions at the far reaches of space.

14595819318_0763f878ca.jpg

G-4010 "Galapagos" Long Range Mobile Sensor Platform by smart_as_a_brick, on Flickr

Just barely fits into the 8x8 base.

Additional images here: https://www.flickr.c...157646018105433

Edited by j_w_smart

Fiesta Turtle

The fiesta turtle just loves to partly! As he dances around, his maracas shake, creating music to add to the fun. No matter the event, he's always in a good mood and ready to socialize with everybody.

14650489340_0c6f00bd15_z.jpg

Fiesta Turtle by Legoroni, on Flickr

My 2nd Entry

Using stolen technology from a Futuron Colony that would eventually become the M: Tron's, they created this Turtle, the B.A.T. or B.A.S.T. Blacktron Assault Turtle or Blacktron Assault Sea Turtle. This Turtle was used in Multiple Raids and battles. It is equipped with 2 Specially designed eyes that can detach for troops to use, A backup air supply for troops, and computers inside to house stolen information during raids before it can get back to a major computer. It also has II Shield modes that can be used in the heat of battle as protection.

14653638388_4c181430b9.jpgBlacktron I Turtle

~Beltar

My 3rd Entry

Using Evolved Blacktron I Technology, This new Turtle is designed for Heavy Attack during Raids or other Battles also. This Turtle also has flight capability. To some Blacktrons, sacrificing the Shields for flight (during raids or whenever) seemed good, but others preferred the tech of the original.

14840126102_c9bc2e5fa4.jpgBlacktron II Turtle

~Beltar

No one said anything about rubber bands! So I used them.

Edited by Commander Beltar