Rufus

Contest Turtle Contest - Entry Thread

14751000661_2cc30a8bc0_n.jpg

M:Tron-Inspired Turtle. Heavy duty. Can be used to to tow, albeit very slowly. Hope this is sufficient render quality.

Edited by GIR 3691

Hi everybody Being a turtle is a tough job...and sometimes a little rest is required. Please say hello to my little TURTLE ON VACATION :classic: a nice cigar and a good cocktail sometimes can really make a difference!

2a9v03d.png

Here's my entry: Stone turtle, or "tutle" as I so frequently misspell them.

14571296457_11bd55f2ea_m.jpg

Edited by Mr Greeble

Here's probably my last entry...I'm running out of ideas, and the other entries so far have been great.I decided to make an antagonist for the Exo-suit turtle, and the only thing that comes to mind that I can be hook up to this idea is dark...and red...Here's my Blacktron Sigma Prime Turtle:

14734825026_977f4d2a69_c.jpgSigma Prime Turtle by Orthobotrex, on Flickr

Edited by Rufus

Second entry:

14759917375_c1041887ea.jpg

Soup turle!

I made this one in around 5 minutes... after i found the pan.

Hope you enjoy!

jaapxaap

Edited by jaapxaap

My third, and possibly last turtle, unless I get another inspiration. :laugh:

Terrance is a quiet and solitary creature. He enjoys talking long walks, where he can reflect upon his past 100 years.

He thinks many of the young tortoises need to slow down and enjoy the simple things in life instead of always rushing around.

14761361665_c72306d8f5_z.jpg

Terrance Tortoise by Jarren Harkema, on Flickr

Sometimes humans are known to imitate nature, often through engineering. But what if nature imitated us?...

Asian Turtle

1-fortress-turtle.jpg

Commonly referred to as Asian turtle, the Fortress turtle (Chelonia castellum) is well known for the imitative temple structure growing on its shell, which is believed to indicate its age. Thriving corals and seaweeds make the temple a perfect habitat for migrating fish, as well as for some familiar duos. Its European counterpart is more likely to grow feudal castles on its back.

For a shark view, rejected designs and more, follow the next sea current: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=546232 !

P.s: shark view means from underneath. Bird's-eye view from top, shark view from bottom...Bird, shark, animal... And yes, I made that up.

Lego Wooden Turtle

14578180540_e2ca8485af_z.jpg

Built in the style of the Lego Wooden Duck, this turtle is ready to roll!

See one more image on my Flickr stream!

Edited by SpacySmoke

So...I'm a brand new user and this is my first post! I have been lurking for a while though.

Here he is; the wonderful, the amazing, the rather pirate-y Roger the Pirate Turtle! He's a young turtle as I'm sure you can tell. Swept away with tales of daring adventure, he joined a pirate crew and lost his back flipper on the selfsame day. What a shock for the poor lad. But (after a minor incident involving a chicken, two pirates and a ukelele (it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye!)) he is back and ready to take the pirate world by storm.

turtle1prev.jpg

Full size on Flickr: Roger the turtle

Here goes another.

Meet Hector, the turtle that was a frog, or the frog disguised as a a turtle.

Actually, if you must know, Hector is 100% genuine turtleness!

14767484875_53a522d46f_z.jpg

Hector - The Turlte That Was a Frog par fujiia, sur Flickr

When standing up straight, Hector is exactly 8x8 studs wide (green dish being largest part).

Cap'tain Weedbeard - "Aye, Seahumans!"

Cap'tain Weedbeard... You can often hear his name whispered in small, far off waves. Turtles glance around them and, with a low voice, tell each other the latest rumors.

" I heard he has a beard! Can you imagine, a turtle with a beard? He must have sold his soul to the Seadevil!"

Nothing of the sort! Those who pay attention to his name, might already guess that it isn't a real beard (because, really,a turtle with a beard?). It's seaweed, that accumulated on his face after all his years and years out in the ocean. They keep him warm, and they get to see the world. It's perfectly natural, and the Seadevil really hasn't anything to do with it.

" But I heard he has made a terrible monster his slave as well!"

I would hardly call Starbuck, the cute little starfish that accompanies him everywhere a terrible monster. The self-confident chap would probably like it, but with that honest heart of gold, I don't believe he's every hurt a flying fish.

" And what about his belt, with his terrible orange sword and that magic potion..."

Magic potion??? Cap'tain Weedbeard doesn't need any to be so amazing. No, that flask he always carries around is filled with fresh water. It has often saved his life on his adventures. And that 'sword', as you call it... I don't think a carrot would be useful when you're threatened.

" But you can't deny his wooden leg, or his missing eye, or that ferocious hat! You're not going to tell me he was born like that!"

No, of course not. Don't make a complete imbecile of yourself. He got heavily wounded while trying to help a vessel of those Seahumans (one of those vessels that look like an empty turtle shell, you know) that got caught in the middle of a storm. There came a bolt out of the heaven that struck the ship, and it exploded for some unknown reason. But those Seahumans Weedbeard was saving, didn't forget him, and they managed to save him. They repaired him as good as they could (but of course, with their primitive knowledge, that was no good), and left him that peculiar hat. He has worn it proudly ever since, as a reminder to how helpfulness and warmheartedness can change one's life. Aye, that Cap'tain Weedbeard is truly an amazing mate, and one of the finest turtles ever to swim around. Don't thou ever speak bad of him again, or else the lightning is coming to make you look just as good as he does...

14745210916_b3044027be.jpg

Cap'tain Weedbeard by Bert.VR, on Flickr

Edited by BEAVeR

Edit: Added bio info incase this was needed. Just couldn't think of anything.

My entry for this contest:

SBT001 - Stealth Blast Turtle:

The new age of Exo-Exploration has brought new enemies and one that has been particularly ruthless in the past, Blacktron. These turtles were designed as a response to that threat and be used for both air and ground defense in different configurations. Built for rapid deployment, this turtle is fixed with 2 modes of transport and can be placed in concealed positions. When it comes to the protection of our astronauts, the federation spares no expense.

14768152491_c412d214a2_c.jpg

Very happy with the result! Actually didn't think I'd get an entry into this contest when I found out I couldn't afford to order pieces from Bricklink in time but turns out I had enough in my current collection to build something better then my initial design. =)

Will see if I can at least get a LDD render of my initial design good enough to use as another entry.

More pics: https://www.flickr.c...57645949746236/

Edited by Tech Artist

Here we are with my entry: the Bulk Turtle. This turtle has a high strength and an armored carapace that can survive several shots.

14753406586_6e8879e22d_c.jpg

LT 100

14594034989_2068723e82_n.jpg

My third entry!

Not very epic, but it was fun to make. More to come!

~Brother Steven

BT 3.610

14593999630_ff71ed4fb0_n.jpg

Agile, quick, silent, and ruthless, the BlackTron Turtle 3.610 is the horror of alien engineering!

My fourth entry! even more to come.

~Brother Steven

Edited by Brother Steven