Rufus

Contest Turtle Contest - Entry Thread

Tortoise Terrifcus

This is my second entry, and it is of the recently discovered Tortoise Terrifcus. His head retracts back into his shell, which can be seen on my Flickr account.

14535982800_99f1921033.jpgDSCN0455 by Somersetcity, on Flickr

Meet Victor Van Turtula...

14534289027_06f02bc55d.jpg

Victor Van Turtula by Yatkuu, on Flickr

*Edit* After some discussion on Flickr around the gender of this turtle I went back and checked.. well, hem, under the tail... to be certain and it appears I was mistaken as this turtle is a male and not a female as I initially thought. So I changed his name to be Victor instead of Victoria.

Edited by Yatkuu

Introducing the Turtur Eurobricka Beaverina

It just so happens that on my holiday pictures, I noticed a strange shadow in the background I hadn't noticed before. It turned out to be a turtle. I asked people at specialized turtle identification forums to see what turtle it was, and what turns out? It's a completely new species of turtles! It looks quite ordinary, but seems to be missing a tail. And curiously, the bones in the fin seem to glow in the dark... ( :wink: ) As I had discovered it, I named my new species after my favorite Lego forum, and as is usual, after yours truely (unfortunately, naming conventions don't deal well with all the capital letters). Instead of offering you that rather shady holiday picture, I built a small model for your enjoyment. And it just so happens it qualifies for this contest. Coincidental, isn't it?

14704123936_1d62a1fb3f.jpg

Turtur Eurobricka Beaverina by Bert.VR, on Flickr

Edited by BEAVeR

Here's my turtle. Tried to make it look somewhat realistic.

14540753019_79dba4da39_z.jpg

Click the picture to see him eating...

When the competition is speeding up, the item box may give you a lucky...

Mischievous Blue Shell

blue_shell.jpg

Any self-respecting kart racer knows the power of the "spiny blue shell", but what they may not know is that the shell hides… a turtle! Race organizers only hire the strongest and most mischievous turtles to pilot the blue shells... to make sure they won't miss their target. Watch out first player, the Blue Shell has an eye on you… and… a pulse blaster! What!?

More pictures here: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=545890 (and an incoming action scene... Edit: When public, the file is...)

P.s: And more turtles coming in the next weeks!

Edited by Niloc

My second entry.

14733071085_8f34de7a76_n.jpg

100-caliber plasma twin shell mount, magnetic feet, and x-ray vision.

The MEGA-Turtle is a force to be reckoned with!

~Brother Steven

Edited by Brother Steven

The Truely Tragic Taxi Turtle's Tale

Some time ago, I met this turtle. He was very kind and a dreamer. But not a dreamer that lives his dream in his head alone. O no, this enterprising turtle dedicated his life his dream. He had seen the wealth of us humans, and wanted to have the same (when I asked him what he wanted to do with it, he said that his deepest wish was to acquire LEGO with it). So he though. And he thought. Finally he found the answer to the most difficult question possible: what am I really good at. His answer was: transporting things.

As he was more of a social being (it was of course due to his frequent meetings with humans that he was able to speak to me), transporting 'things' wasn't what he liked to do. But transporting people proved to be his new dream job. So he founded his own little company: "The Taxi Turtle". He worked hard, day and night, but costumers stayed away. He though comfort was the issue. Sitting on a turtle's shell isn't quite pleasant. So he invested in the most relaxing chair he could find. But people stayed away, even when he included a cup holder.

He tried everything, from marketing his eco-friendly approach (as carrots where the only fuel his service needed), to safety with his clear lights, to even lowering his prices. But people stayed away. Till this day, nobody knows why. My friend was not a quitter, but this made him hopeless. In the end, he got a job in a zoo, where children loved to get around on him, not even needing the fancy chair of the cupholder. My friend truely enjoys his new job, and while his wealth doesn't increase as fast as he would want, someday soon he will be able to get his fins on the precious plastic.

So a happy ending, but I keep wondering. I just can't get my head around it. How on earth could such a promising enterprise as The Taxi Turtle fail. Till this day, I have no idea.

14755772603_09914af8da.jpg

The Truely Tragic Taxi Turtle's Tale by Bert.VR, on Flickr

My second entry: Han Solo's Millennium Turtle. She may not look like much, but...oh, you know this one.

DSC06180_zpse398ed28.jpg

The arms are extended here, but when folded in, the whole model does fit in an 8 x 8 space.

Edit by Rufus: Sorry, Licensed entries aren't allowed.

Edited by Rufus

14764496983_3071bbd8fe.jpg

My entry: BiG BrOTHER

This rather large, and hard to crack open, turtle-bot is designed for peaceful exploration in extreme conditions. It's near-impenetrable hide can withstand extreme heat and cold, meteor storms, and vicious alien attacks. BiG BrOTHER is truly a symbol of peace, prosperity, and knowledge in a unified galaxy.

My first entry, the Siege Turtle, with a 120mm Plasma Sphere Launcher, and twin-linked Plasme Rifles for Antipersonnel use.

SiegeTurtle00.jpg

had it MOC'd up in LDD within minutes of the contest, had to wait for the actual bricks to arrive. white bricks on a white background isn't ideal, but I found myself limited by the lack of non-trans colors available for the curved windscreens- I coulda sworn I remembered them in Yellow or Lime, but BrickLink says no, so I went with white.

Edited by HandofBobb

Meet Timmy the Sea Turtle!

Timmy is a gentle turtle, who enjoys spending his day floating around in warm clear waters.

He is often seen playing with his friend, Tommy.

14770943363_217f24fc2c_z.jpg

See more photos, and meet Tommy, over on my Flickr Stream!