Rufus

Contest Turtle Contest - Entry Thread

Here's my entry: Dalì Turtle

A small homage to the recurring "elephants with long legs" in Salvador Dalì paintings :)

640x853.jpg

In LEGO City, this is one of many robots that do tasks to help out others. Meet H3-RB (Herb for short). He is one of the Garbage Workers. With the look of smelling rancid potatoes, Herb works day in and day out to clean the cities streets. With high-powered cleaning sticks. He dissolves all trash into ash and scoops it up to put in his state of the art trash-bins. The public is free to use the trash bin once they buy a special card that you swipe on the back of Herb. Which unlocks the trash bin so you can dispose what is needed. Herb also styles a special hat which other garbage men and women use through-out the city. So you may identify Herb from his colors and cap.

59fhHgb.jpg

My entry: Magic Merlin, the Dancing Turtle. He's dancing on his shell because dance is an escape from the weight that confines us everyday.

I made sure to censor (with the 2x4 tile) any material that audiences with weak constitutions would balk at.

No turtles were harmed in the making of this.

14486102658_dcd790d5d2_z.jpg

Also, just in case: proof that it fits in an 8x8.

Edited by Lord Oblivion

This is Torxo (Tortoise+Exo)

Torxo delivers power source in Exo universe. He deposits each (1x1 round plate) energy capsule like any laying egg tortoise and replenishes 5 energy capsules by spreading its body shell.

14486396250_2eccb6f633_c.jpg

I really know next to nothing about BBCode/HTML and such, so here goes:

The smallest tortoise I could come up with :classic:

7979182052_e32dba75ea_o.jpgTiny tortoise by evhh, on Flickr

Edited by Bob De Quatre

TURTLE 1930

nqcn5i.jpg

Hi everyone, this is my first entry for this amazing contest. I didn't know if I could include a minifigure...if not, please feel free to delete my post :)

14677708105_9b1968837d_n.jpg

MPT

The Mobile Power Turtle is a slow-moving but reliable power source for all of your space exploration and/or colonization needs. Just have a forklift on standby in case it tips over.

The Great World Turtle

Travelling through the infinite depths of space, this rare and mysterious creature bears upon his mighty carapace an entire world complete with snow capped central mountains, lush jungle continents and warm tropical oceans (and inhabitants who can't understand why the constellations keep changing!!)

14655932016_8843800ae9_z.jpg

Untitled by g.nat, on Flickr

This is my first turtle entry and is inspired by the legends of "World Bering Turtles" found in Hindu, Chinese and Native American Mythology - and also the great turtle A'Tuin from the Discworld novels (minus the elephants!)

Another pic

Thanks for looking and good luck to everyone who enters.

Edited by greg3

Princess Uniturtle

Part unicorn, part turtle... Always happy!!

14493075599_d2d3124fa1_z.jpg

image by g.nat, on Flickr

My second turtle (making turtles is becoming addictive!!). Made almost entirely of parts from the Cloud Cuckoo Land set. You can't see in this pic but she has unikitty's tail too.

Edited by greg3

Well, they DO carry their houses on their backs!

When I was a very young kid I was told that Turtles carry their homes on their backs and I imagined that their shells contained comfy sofas and a small kitchen. I guess that's true! Here's my Modular Turtle. The house has an interior complete with a chair and TV - there's a TV aerial, gutters, smoke billowing out of the chimney and the obligatory crumbling facade.

14661697616_1e5f66e593_c.jpg

Edit: Reposted with a picture with a white background and cleaned up the text.

Edited by eurotrash

Spy-Turtle

Given a task in Exo Universe, Spy-Turtle has a running speed of Woola (the weird Barsoomian dog-like creature from John Carter) and easily takes cover by hopping into a 5x5 holes.

14493908559_87796cb99b_c.jpg

This Mighty Turtle has become the Home to an entire civilization, many millions of years ahead of our own. They now rely on the Turtle Below to see them to safety in the great cosmos. The city above provides the means to keep their host going while he in return goes where they ask. Maybe one day he can be free of those that ride his shell and both can live freely again.

DSC_0068.jpg

Just noticed Greg3's World turtle, funny how many people had this idea (Note: mine was also inspired by Doctor Who, as was cimddwc's below)

Edited by GallardoLU

moc'd up in ldd, found I didn't have all the pieces :(

jIfeFsV.png

Edit by Rufus: Disqualified: Plain white background only, sorry.

Edited by Rufus

The Space City Turtle - kinda combining Doctor Who's space whale, Discworld's Great A'Tuin, and generic sci-fi space habitats... (and yes, I built it before I saw greg3's Great World Turtle :) )

14495605157_10cb15a9a2_c.jpg

More photos on Flickr.

Edited by cimddwc