Rufus

Contest Turtle Contest - Discussion Thread

In case anyone wasn't joking with the earlier questions, I think tortoises are ok (if Peter Reid's examples are anything to go by!)

Can we use LDD?

Sorry, no. The winning turtles will be featured on an official poster, so LDD entries won't be of sufficient quality.

"No decals are allowed, official or custom."

This means no stickers whatsoever? Even correctly stickered parts from official sets?

In case anyone wasn't joking with the earlier questions, I think tortoises are ok (if Peter Reid's examples are anything to go by!)

Sorry, no. The winning turtles will be featured on an official poster, so LDD entries won't be of sufficient quality.

What about a rendered/ray traced image of an LDD file?

Never done a contest, I'm new here. Might try this, doubt i'd win though.

Edit: Just realized the age limit, that sucks.

Edited by _epicster_

Great! Kind of sounds like the Camper Van contest, just with turtles and not campers. :tongue::thumbup:

I'll definitely enter at least once. :classic:

Can I use LDD, order the parts off Bricklink, and submit an entry built with real Lego parts? I ask this due to my lack of parts needed for this contest without canabalzing my other models. I'd like to design it in LDD and get a Bricklink order of the parts I need(or I might do Lego's PAB on S@H).

One thing I noticed is this in the full rules:

Turtles containing or depicting military vehicles or weapons will not be eligible for the competition

This is not stated in the basic rules. Some entries already posted have what look to me to be weaponry, I may be wrong, but it seems that this point is being overlooked by some.

Is there a time limit as to when you can post another entry? Also, do they have to be in one post?

-Sci

Edited by CM4Sci

This contest looks very cool, but unfortunately for me I am living in Quebec... Which is always exclude from international contest... That's so sad!

Great contest! ... and the theme is very interesting too!

Well, my turtle design is ready... but why is it that I always miss out 2 or 3 parts in the right colour? :wink:

Waiting for an order to arrive ...

Good luck everyone! Am looking forward to see some nice MOC's!

One thing I noticed is this in the full rules:

Turtles containing or depicting military vehicles or weapons will not be eligible for the competition

This is not stated in the basic rules. Some entries already posted have what look to me to be weaponry, I may be wrong, but it seems that this point is being overlooked by some.

Wait...what... I really hope not. I already have a cool idea.

Is there a time limit as to when you can post another entry? Also, do they have to be in one post?

-Sci

no time limit between entries and they should be in separate posts.

Just a note on 'turtle'. In German, Dutch, Danish, there is only one word for both tortoises and turtles: 'shield-toads'.

Personally I won't be discriminating against Tortoises in my judging!

Shield toads!!! AAwww that sounds sooo cute! I may have to design one specifically to suit that wording just for fun!

I have 4 tortoise designs done, just have to order the parts :(

Can I use LDD, order the parts off Bricklink, and submit an entry built with real Lego parts? I ask this due to my lack of parts needed for this contest without canabalzing my other models. I'd like to design it in LDD and get a Bricklink order of the parts I need(or I might do Lego's PAB on S@H).

Of course you can use LDD to design your turtle, we just ask that you build the actual turtle using real bricks for submission. The reason being that we want the poster to look as awesome as possible! :-)

so I re ask my last question - what about a rendered image of an LDD build? If the render looks like real bricks, is that sufficient?

there's just one thing I don't get. What's the connection between a Exo Suit and a freaking turtle?

there's just one thing I don't get. What's the connection between a Exo Suit and a freaking turtle?

the set includes a space turtle. :-)

I can have unlimited entries right?

you can. so keep 'em coming!

This question I didn't think to ask: Is there a height limit?

not officially, no. :-)

Am I allowed to include a minifigure in the picture?

-Sci

there's nothing forbidding a minifigure, so bring it on!

so I re ask my last question - what about a rendered image of an LDD build? If the render looks like real bricks, is that sufficient?

you're welcome to submit a rendered LDD image - we will leave it to the judges to decide whether it's good enough for the poster.

there's nothing forbidding a minifigure, so bring it on!

Awesome, thanks! Already working on about four turtles..

-Sci

I have read through the posts and im still a little unsure if we can have wapons on our turtle?

I asume we can as other members have posted weapons and there has been no commnets about them.