The only bigfig that I own is the Goblin King from the Goblin King Battle set, but my favorite one is definitely the Rancor. Which one is your favorite? Are there any characters you'd like to see as bigfigs in future sets?

These are all of the bigfigs from licensed sets that have been released in the past few years:

• Hulk (Marvel Superheroes)
  • Green Goblin (Marvel Superheroes)
  • Cave Troll (Lord of the Rings)
  • Goblin King (The Hobbit)
  • Wampa (Star Wars)
  • Rancor (Star Wars)

I like how they did Hulk. Very good size compared to regular minifigures. But it is amazing to see how tiny he is compared to the Cave Troll. Cave Troll is my second pick. They did the coloring and printing spot on compared to the movies.

Hulkbuster from LEGO Marvel Superheroes is probably my favorite bigfig.

(It'd be cool to get him in a set at some point)

I like Hulk a lot, tho I wish his head could turn (same w/ other bigfigs), but tops for me is the Rancor. That thing is beautiful. The Cave Troll--the Rancor of LOTR!--is second. I wish they were a bit more poseable, so maybe we could swap parts around more, but they're still pretty neat. I would've loved to have seen more trolls with LOTR sets (Black Gate, Minas Tirith, Grond).

I really like the Wampa, too, but it's a shame they didn't give it swivel-wrists like most other bigfigs.

I own both variants of the Hulk, of which the one with the purple pants is my favorite, simply because that color is more iconic.

No other reason.

I own the Rancor and Wampa as well, both of which are very cool, but the Rancor is definitely my second favorite. It's really large and it's likeness to the movie counterpart is amazing, in my opinion.

I occasionally like to bring both out of context and use them as a proper... creature, to pit them against Hulk :innocent2:

I like how they did Hulk. Very good size compared to regular minifigures. But it is amazing to see how tiny he is compared to the Cave Troll. Cave Troll is my second pick. They did the coloring and printing spot on compared to the movies.

I'm very curious to the Cave Troll's size now...

Could you post a picture perhaps, some time? :classic:

Regards,

Mitch

The Cave Troll--the Rancor of LOTR!

LOTR came first. Not in lego form, but if anything, the Rancor is the Cave Troll of Star Wars.

;)

LOTR came first. Not in lego form, but if anything, the Rancor is the Cave Troll of Star Wars.

;)

LOTR may have come first, but in the books the troll only gets a foot in the door, which is stabbed by Frodo, and that's it! An orc chieftain stabs Frodo revealing the mithril shirt.

In the books, there is no "Rancor of LOTR" (maybe Shelob, in that she's in a dark place full of death, and Gollum is gleefully hoping Frodo will be consumed by her), but in the movie, it's definitely the way I put it :laugh:

I forgot to mention Jabba! He probably counts as a bigfig as well, even if he doesn't have any feet. If we're doing Star Wars/LotR comparisons now, I'd say Jabba is the Goblin King of Star Wars (or the Goblin King is the Jabba of The Hobbit... now I'm all confused).

LOTR may have come first, but in the books the troll only gets a foot in the door, which is stabbed by Frodo, and that's it! An orc chieftain stabs Frodo revealing the mithril shirt.

In the books, there is no "Rancor of LOTR" (maybe Shelob, in that she's in a dark place full of death, and Gollum is gleefully hoping Frodo will be consumed by her), but in the movie, it's definitely the way I put it :laugh:

LOTR came first.

Hoth Wampa, was the first big fig right?

I do not have a favorite big fig, at some point the big figs are more than a nice addition.

I do not have them all yet, but hopefully I will have them (Green Goblin and new Hulk) this year.

Hoth Wampa, was the first big fig right?

Of the licensed ones, yes, I think so.

The Fantasy-era Trolls might be the first bigfigs entirely, far as I know; they debuted a couple years earlier.

Definetly the Rancor. It's the biggest, baddest, and, IMO, the best of the bunch. Plus, it can fit a whole figure in it's mouth!

I'd say my favorite is the Rancor, and my second being the Hulk.

(Please no arguments on the following. That belongs in the Super Heroes 2014 Rumours & Discussion thread :wink:)

As for a bigfig I'd like to see, and one that's probably a legititmate possibility, would be the Hulkbuster.

You've missed out Hagrid (several versions) and the 'Troll on the loose', who are technically also licensed bigfigs.

My favorite would probably be the Rancor, though, followed by the Wampa and the Hulk (purple pants).

Perhaps Hagrid and the troll were missed because they (like Dogpound & Leatherhead) use at least some​​​ regular minifig parts? :laugh: