Sign in to follow this  
Lord Vladivus

News Travels Fast. At least, on the legs of a scorpion!

In his chambers in the Nocturnian citadel of Shadowmere, Krell discusses business with the head of his personal bodyguard.

14651108382_e1ae27f462_c.jpg

The business discussed ranges from patrol routes to resolving confrontations with the general citizens of Shadowmere.

14671419733_e106188835_c.jpg

Krell's personal bodyguard are Shadows, fearsome warriors from beyond the mortal realm.

14464878949_b340df880a_c.jpg

Footsteps echo down the corridor outside, as a figure wrapped in black cloth strides purposefully towards Krell's chambers.

14651493525_f36336d2bc_c.jpg

The shade guard posted outside challenges the figure;

Shade: "Who goessssss ssthereee?"

14465098217_cf67ce4fbe_c.jpg

The figure flicks aside some cloth to reveal a terrifying arachnoid face- Draxx, a member of the Scorpionmen race.

Draxx: "I come to give important news to Krell, from Vladivus."

The Shade stands aside, and opens the door-grate. As Draxx goes to enter, the Head of Krell's bodyguard exits, and though he has no face, his gaze fixes Draxx, who feels his soul bared to this etherbeast.

14648267861_792560f711_c.jpg

Draxx enters the chambers. Krell looks up impatiently at the interuption.

14671432423_c5e624f75f_c.jpg

Krell: "Well, what is it?"

Draxx: "I have travelled swiftly from Southern Nocturnus with great news- Vladivus has captured Sir Natas and is bringing him here for you to interrogate."

Krell: "Perhaps we shall get the information that will lead us to Zurias. At least Vladivus will get some closure."

Draxx leaves, and Krell calls in a Shade Guard.

14464848890_269c9c1d74_c.jpg

Krell: "Awaken the Servants of Torture. We have work to begin."

Shade: "Assssss you wisssshhhhh my lord."

C+C welcome. A build inside Shadowmere! It shows the build up to the torture of Sir Natas! Also a chance to show off some new fig combinations! In hindsight, I wish I hadn't picked black for Shadowmere, I hate photographing it!

Thanks Scaevola!

Cheers Carson! The idea behind it was Shadowmere was black- I wanted to differentiate my builds from others, and to give it quite a dark atmosphere. I'm learning, and I don't want to compromise too much (the floors are already dk bley), so I shall persevere. Might try some dk bley or more dk red accents.

Edited by Lord Vladivus

Really cool build! I love the SNOT floor with the masonry bricks, it looks great. It's also neat how you did this build double sided, for the different scenes!

Darn, i read ahead of the story seeing the torture of sir natas first.. Nice build as always, Vlad!

I like the decor of the room, like the scorpion head, the hanging chains, and the thingy with the beard.It feels like the perfect setting for Krell. I also really like how you made it double sided and the corridor is full of detail too, not just a plain back to the chamber.

On a different note, how do you do those SNOT floors? Are they just resting there or are they attached to the border?

Cheers guys!

LordDan, the floor are done by having a row of 1x1x1 bricks with a single stud on the side (alternating in this build so I could make it double sided), so I can attach the floors. Make sense? If not, I'll take a photo later.

I too am a fan of the snot floor; also the fact that the build is double sided really adds a lot visually and story-wise :thumbup:. The beard/melting candle wax is some great parts usage too. I'm not completely sold on the brown/wood border - I don't feel that it quite goes with the rest of the build, maybe something in the dark grey, or black with a few red accents...

Nice scene(s)! The minifigs and the floor are great here. You are really productive now, keep it up! :classic:

Cheers guys!

Emma, I get what you mean- I'd tried other colours, but they all just looked like they were part of the floor, or too bright and colourful- this was more of a compromise, I wanted to keep a fairly dark atmosphere.

The black, dark red, and dark bley colorscheme works very well for Nocturnus :thumbup: The chains and spikes add to the Nocty feel as well. I like how you mixed profile bricks, normal bricks, and log bricks in the SNOT floor. Keep up the good work :classic:

Cheers SK! I refined the snot floor in my other Shadowmere build, offsetting the bricks works wonders!

Edited by Lord Vladivus

Can't believe I missed this one earlier! I love that there are the two sides to this build. The way you managed to capture the feel of the hallway and the room in such a small build is amazing!