Rick

2015 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

City Square should be up on S@H on June 1st - though it should start showing up in stores this week.

I say triplets, they are I guess, rocket scientist, coffee expert and marine researcher.......talented family eh ? :laugh:

$120 for THAT?!?!

I have the 10231 Shuttle Expedition, with over 1200 pieces, and it was $99 when it came out only four short years ago.

10231-1.jpg?1

$120 is highway-freaking-robbery!

TLG is really losing me these days. Unbelievable.

It might be a "TRU tax" if the photos came from a TRU (I know TRU is notorious for selling LEGO above RRP)

It might be a "TRU tax" if the photos came from a TRU (I know TRU is notorious for selling LEGO above RRP)

Oh, yeah it's the TRU tax for sure, but remember that boat has a totally new shape so the cost factor might have jumped up.

The RRP for both the Spaceport and Deep Sea Exploration sets are $120. Highway Robbery. I get that big pieces cost more, but that's absurd.... especially the Space Shuttle, where the $99 set's shuttle was nearly twice as big.

LEGO City Town Square 2015 (Set 60097): I have motorized the new tram (9V) and uploaded a brandnew video.

Everything works pretty well in my opinion.

What do you think? :classic:

awesome! the main reason i will buy the set (aside from official lego store), is for the tram, and just like the old blue tram from the transportation set, will motorize it as well, good job! i just hope i can put in power functions in it, as i don't have the old 9v system :(

City Square should be up on S@H on June 1st - though it should start showing up in stores this week.

all the more better! yey!

Edited by melbs

Are you sitting down........$ 250, seriously that's the retail price in AUD. :blush:

Holy cow...that's even more than modulars.

Comparing the Aussie price of this and the Detective's Office to the US pricing, the markup on this isn't outrageous (not compared to some other themes though)

And you do get nearly twice as many pieces as the previous set of its type (with the red bus, bike shop, crane and pizza shop)

I still want one though (and I have no doubt I will be able to get one for at least 20% off that RRP of $250)

No doubt we'll be all waiting for a sale to buy any of the larger city sets, so we can save money to buy more Lego ! :laugh:

As I mentioned before, I have motorized the tram train of the new LEGO City Town Square set - with a 9V engine. :classic:

Now I have added a video with a lot of images, so you're able to see, which bricks I have changed.

As I mentioned before, I have motorized the tram train of the new LEGO City Town Square set - with a 9V engine. :classic:

Now I have added a video with a lot of images, so you're able to see, which bricks I have changed.

Nice! I definitely will extent the tram to fit in a pf battery box and rf transmitter.

It did!

1901153_10205632899275688_7321560622041176206_n.jpg?oh=9e5aa68d91027f9225c54abe868f154d&oe=55C0261C

This was posted on facebook. The poster said she got them in Arizona, U.S.

Edited by Robert8

$120 for THAT?!?!

I have the 10231 Shuttle Expedition, with over 1200 pieces, and it was $99 when it came out only four short years ago.

10231-1.jpg?1

$120 is highway-freaking-robbery!

TLG is really losing me these days. Unbelievable.

Unfortunately, those that missed out on those sets would have to pay almost $300 for the set now. This is another option. I bought it at TRU this weekend. Nice set but agreed on that price per piece. Yuck!

Anyone want to do the math on the prices of various City sets and see how they stack up on price-per-piece? I cant seem to work out the right calculations to use for it...

acchhhh... I hate to beat a dead horse, but it's not just price per piece - when they give you big molded pieces, the price per piece is going to be more, but the built 10231 is 18 inches tall vs. the new one's around 10inches (with boosters). If they're going to cut back the number of pieces to give you big, bulky molded pieces, and charge more, it should at least be as big. It just feels like so much less for so much more money.

No... I really, really can't get over what a rip off it is.

Edited by fred67

Have you already seen the new polybag "Garbage Truck"? (Set 30313)

A very cool small set with a a lot of interesting bricks. :grin:

A nice set but its not new, I posted a review of it here in February.

A nice set but its not new, I posted a review of it here in February.

The releases of polybags are very different between the US and Europe, I think. Right?