Rick

2015 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I think I found the source for why we have the Ferris Wheel this year and also why we had the Mixer last year. The caption says that it's by Jamie Berard. If it is made by him, then we may see the other three of his designs to the left of the first video in the future *fingers crossed* (click to 11 seconds in the 1st video). Can someone confirm this?

Edited by legobear

Hello,

I have finished my review of the new LEGO City Town Square (Set 60097).

There is so much to explore: I really like the tram and the Lego Store. And many other parts. :laugh:

[...]

And here you can find images of this very interesting set:

http://ukonio.de/leg...rgalerie-54211/

The review by the way is in german. But if you have any questions, please feel free to ask me at any time. :classic:

Brick on!

Thanks a lot for your review.

It looks like this set uses quite a few stickers. Did you count how many are used in this set?

So, this is my review of one of these sets above: LEGO City Deep Sea Scuba Scooter (Set 60090).

The minifigure is really cool. :classic:

What do you think?

Edited by Zusammengebaut

Thanks a lot for your review.

It looks like this set uses quite a few stickers. Did you count how many are used in this set?

I would say nearly 50 - but quite a lot of license plates as well, so small ones.

But all of the LEGO-signs in this set are stickers as well.

So, this is my review of one of these sets above: LEGO City Deep Sea Scuba Scooter (Set 60090).

So... the divers are just a recolor of the Series 1 Deep Sea Diver. Lame...

I'll be waiting for the review of the others divers sets!

Here's my reviews of the LEGO City Space Starter set!

17598122339_b243b89268_z.jpg

17784823201_86cb0a6a2d_z.jpg

17758093756_96fab7e491_z.jpg

17784355765_418f577b7d_z.jpg

This set is a winner, like any of the other $10 Starter Sets! Four minifigures, and some nice scenery builds make the price worth it. I love how they included the Female Scientist who's only found in one other set, the big launch pad one.

Nice reviews zussamengebout and just2good. I would love to see the next releases reviewed of the sea sets and the space sets here too : ). I like the female scientist a lot but I don't know if I want the entire set just for her. I would have preferred that they make a new astronaut suit mold - they keep reusing the same molds and they are ugly. In the divers set, I prefer the new prints on the torsos but I prefer the vehicles of the older sets, they looked more rustic.

Here's my reviews of the LEGO City Space Starter set!

Some cool pieces but nothing astounding

I'll wait to see the review of the other Space sets

----

That girl is multitasking for sure.... :classic:

17761450046_819f127295.jpg

Some of the space and diver sets are now available on Lego.com :)

Can you post a link, I can't find anything.

Thanks for the feedback you guys! :classic:

Here's a look at the Deep Sea Starter Set.

17798604981_3533dfda5f_z.jpg

17177810843_a02a7b83dd_z.jpg

17771870766_b291441f14_z.jpg

17177811383_9ff5c6743f_z.jpg

While I think the Space Starter Set is better, this set is still very good. I like the inclusion of the diver with heavy equipment, as the only way to get him is the big $120 set (a nice parallel to the Space Starter Set's female scientist inclusion). Also, it's nice to have the shark in a cheap set.

I'm not much of a regular to these parts of Eurobricks, but I'm curious if you all have seen the price for the new Spaceport.

It has only 586 pieces in it... but I found it at Toys R Us today for $119.99!

Toys R Us, at least in my area, does not mark up the City sets they carry, which means that that price is the real deal.

It certainly was something that caught my eye. Surprising to say the least.

I'm not much of a regular to these parts of Eurobricks, but I'm curious if you all have seen the price for the new Spaceport.

It has only 586 pieces in it... but I found it at Toys R Us today for $119.99!

Toys R Us, at least in my area, does not mark up the City sets they carry, which means that that price is the real deal.

It certainly was something that caught my eye. Surprising to say the least.

I read that is the price in Lego stores as well. I bought the Spaceport even though the price is ridiculous. Looks pretty cool once completed but still, that price per bloc, yuck!

http://shop.lego.com...Listing=listing

http://shop.lego.com...Listing=listing

Found them under the "whats new" tab.

I also just got back from my local TRU and they had some of the diver and space sets as well.

Thanks! Its weird even though your links work and I can see other sets in the suggestions, if I go out to whats new it doesn't show these for me, only the demolition sets for City.

I have already uploaded a review of the new LEGO City Town Square (Set 60097).

The LEGO Shop, wich is included, is really fine - but a little bit small (8-wide).

So I have uploaded a video with an extended LEGO Shop - with a Ninjago und Friends section, a Duplo play area, R2-D2 and a lot of details, like cups for "Pick a Brick".

Now, it is a little Modular Building for AFOLs. :classic:

What do you think?

Here you can see the "original" LEGO Shop - to compare: http://ukonio.de/lego-city-town-square-2015-set-60097-zusammengebaut-bildergalerie-54211/

Next step: to motorize the tram.

Edited by Zusammengebaut

I would say nearly 50 - but quite a lot of license plates as well, so small ones.

But all of the LEGO-signs in this set are stickers as well.

Thanks for your answer.

That's more stickers than I would've expected for a set in this price range. It's especially weird when considering that a set like the Juniors Supermarket Suitcase (10684) contains printed pieces only. Well, hopefully the Town Square will be available at a significant discount at some point.

Here's a look at the smallest Deep Sea set!

The minifigure is the same one with the smirk found in the $10 set... very disappointing.

17830000925_e0309928ed_z.jpg

17827182882_2206d33015_z.jpg

17643746469_b904b836d9_z.jpg

The set is just mediocre. The best part is the octopus in red, which isn't even exclusive, but pretty hard to get. However, the rest of the builds are nothing special, not really constituting a $7 price tag (that's how much I payed for it).

Edited by just2good

How come they already got the City Square? Is it because they do reviews? I hope so, because I just NEED this set! And I can't find it in @ lego.com! I need it! Like, right now!

LEGO City Town Square 2015 (Set 60097): I have motorized the new tram (9V) and uploaded a brandnew video.

Everything works pretty well in my opinion.

What do you think? :classic:

Edited by Zusammengebaut