Rick

2015 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Lol, Breaking Bad: Southern Additon (YEEHAWW!)

I wish I owned the Citizen Brick Breaking Bad set, but it was too expensive then, and even worse now. I keep imagining it in a building with the Research Institute on top and the lab below.

Thanks for the Youtube link 'Wowplayer'.......interesting to see more detailing in City Square and deep sea dive sets.

I likde both the diver starter set with two shallow water divers and a deep sea diver and the space starter set they show at the end with a neat little moon buggy. Glad to see a woman scientist, hopefully some of the astronauts will be as well.

Here's video I found on youtube, don't think it has been posted yet.

Great video. 'The Coffee Chain' is straight out of 'The Lego Movie.' I like the use of diving masks from the 1997 range and the CMFs. Could the sunken ship be one of the early '90s range come to grief? One error, though; the Chinook's blades rotate in the same direction. They should rotate in opposite directions.

Should the Chinook's blades rotate like that well Lego might say......blame it on Power Functions ! :laugh:

Now pity they didn't make a better espresso machine like the one in the movie right ? :wink:

1505275_959999084013103_3842929276152699763_n.jpg?oh=78f76d8fa26a176e0e2e4683a34ca40d&oe=554EBD88&__gda__=1431585811_632ecc85b4af9379702f498251a737e7

Source: Brickset

1. Is that a new turbine part on 60092?
  2. Where's 60094?
  3. Sharks, SHARKS, SHARKS!!!
  4. I think the ship in 60095 can be put together stern-to-stern to make a symmetrical boat for a particular kind of purpoe. As to what, I'm not sure. If they float, then that set will float my boat.
  5. 60093 is the weakest in this line-up, for me.

Sometimes they do just miss a number out. For instance, Arctic Base Camp is 60036, yet the next set in number order is Crook Pursuit 60041. Sometimes the numbers have been used ages ago in promotional items, or are spare for an advent calendar, or are filled in at a later date.

Perhaps 60094 is going to be a retailer exclusive ?

Don't say either F40, Huracan, or McMerc SLR.

How many subs does one need? I've been wanting subs for a while now but so many is just overwhelming. Would of liked to see an island lab or a small structure of some sort.

Edited by Rob1321

How many subs does one need? I've been wanting subs for a while now but so my is just overwhelming. Would of liked to see a an island lab or a small structure of some sort.

I was hoping for more boats, we just get one massive boat, no smaller ones that the divers can just jump in like in the 90s. I also thought there would be a base, either underwater or on the coast. We just get some cool subs, but there should be so much more. Even Arctic got a boat, a base and a mobile base. City Space doesn't even have a tower for the shuttle. LEGO is really against any type of structure in City sets.

LEGO is really against any type of structure in City sets.

Yep, And road plates too. The pictures of the Town Square from the toy show look nice, because Lego has the set sitting on a mat with roads and tram rails drawn onto it. You take that away, and I suspect the set is going to look very empty and disjointed. It's a bunch of little structures and vehicles with nothing to hold them together.

Lego really needs new road plates with different layouts. Something like the early town plates.

I doubt that would ever happen.......they make plenty of cash from the two packs they sell which does tick people off......like you end up with either either heaps of curves or four way intersections that you find very few uses for ! :blush:

I doubt that would ever happen.......they make plenty of cash from the two packs they sell which does tick people off......like you end up with either either heaps of curves or four way intersections that you find very few uses for ! :blush:

Yeah, you have a point. I can dream though. :laugh:

Yeah, you have a point. I can dream though. :laugh:

Dream......we all do ! :laugh:

Now in less than a fortnight Lego World is on......might we not only see all the city sets we know of, plus perhaps a new train......maybe another surprise city set.

It did happen two were shown back 2012......medical centre and parking garage......so, who knows ? :wink:

How many subs does one need? I've been wanting subs for a while now but so many is just overwhelming. Would of liked to see an island lab or a small structure of some sort.

All the subs, I'll take all you got. :laugh:

I was hoping for more boats, we just get one massive boat, no smaller ones that the divers can just jump in like in the 90s. I also thought there would be a base, either underwater or on the coast. We just get some cool subs, but there should be so much more. Even Arctic got a boat, a base and a mobile base. City Space doesn't even have a tower for the shuttle. LEGO is really against any type of structure in City sets.

My order of preference:

1) An underwater base

2) A large sub, like a $100 set with a detailed interior

3) A coastal / island base, although coast guard has had variations on this already

Though if there is a TRU exclusive or something, maybe it will be a small base...

I think if there would be a retailer exclusive set, I would want (and a lot of other people here would want) it to be similar to 1782 Discovery Station where we would get a small sub and a research station. Plus, it seems like that set even satisfies Lego's need to put helicopters in everything these days :grin:

Now that I've seen all the Divers sets I'm a little disappointed.

I was expecting something more massive and vast for the underwater part, like this: (It would have been nice to get a sunken Pirate ship)

6560b.jpg

I think I'm just getting 60092 and maybe 60090 just for the red octopus

It's just me or those Divers are just a recolor of the CMF Series 1 Diver? e.e

Edited by Robert8

Y'know I am trying to like the new City sets... But the Swamp Police idea still leaves me shaking my head. It's like the cops are hunting down Bayou Meth Labs? The sub theme is both surreal and at the same time a little too close to reality for comfort. A weird mixture of Breaking Bad and Hanna Barbera.

Snagglepuss could probably play Saul while Dexter could play Heisenberg as a child.

Yeah, this wave is really subpar.

And why every City Advent Calendar comes with a thief minifigure? Is robbery a new Christmas tradition or something?

And I'm actually quite surprised the Gingerbread Man hasn't appeard in one of these yet. I was expecting to see him with new printing in the torso, like a Christmas sweater.

LEGO loves to reuse CMF new head moulds, and that would be a good way to bring the Gingerbread Man head back.

Edited by Robert8

There are still some number gaps, so looks like might have some retailer exclusives to look forward.

I expect there will be at least one retailer exclusive each of undersea and space.

Edited by MAH4546