Rick

2015 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

It does look like from the set pictures and that divers promo that there is a new shark design. Looks like an updated saw tooth similar to the ones in the old divers sets. Don't know what I think of that, but I know I can't wait for these to be released!

It does look like from the set pictures and that divers promo that there is a new shark design. Looks like an updated saw tooth similar to the ones in the old divers sets. Don't know what I think of that, but I know I can't wait for these to be released!

I was hoping for new animal moulds, like a hammerhead shark or a sea turtle (or even a whale :laugh: ), but at least we are getting a new shark mould

It is now official, Friends sets have become way more advanced than city. Maybe something to do with girls being a bit more mature in general?

My Theory is b/c lego friends is fire and police set free, lego is able to actually focus on making a variety of stuff that can be found in citys and not yet more police or fire guys. Do real cities have police and firefighters? Sure. But on the way to walmart, i also see gas stations, places to eat, library, stores, dentists office, etc.

It is now official, Friends sets have become way more advanced than city. Maybe something to do with girls being a bit more mature in general?

My Theory is b/c lego friends is fire and police set free, lego is able to actually focus on making a variety of stuff that can be found in citys and not yet more police or fire guys. Do real cities have police and firefighters? Sure. But on the way to walmart, i also see gas stations, places to eat, library, stores, dentists office, etc.

I find it a little sad that I like the friends hotel much better than the large city set but never mind it will save me money.

That sub looks like might add it to the wanted list as its not that big a set hope it comes with some sharks.

I find it a little sad that I like the friends hotel much better than the large city set but never mind it will save me money.

That sub looks like might add it to the wanted list as its not that big a set hope it comes with some sharks.

See there appears to be three camps at the moment......those who love all the next wave, those who love only the new explore sets and those who only love the City Square.

Not sure if I've seen this so divide before ? :blush:

I'm in the latter camp.......those explore sets don't fit in my plans on collecting......I'm not planning Atlantis or the Moon as the outer limits of my city. :laugh:

Though I will admit that the deep sea dive ship is very cool looking.......might be a good idea to view Night Shift again to see if we have missed anything ? :blush:

^ Well I will get the space sets because I am a big fan of space and city space, don't know how good I think they are but I like them enough that I am happy to get them. I feel the same way about the driving sets they are nice too but I can passed up the big two with out any problem. The square is a few things together some I like some I don't so as you wont find it close to half price I wont be picking it up.

Late, I know, and not fishing back through the thread to quote posts; but from what little we've seen of the spaceport sets, I'm definitely interested. Things look like they'll mesh well with the 2011/12 spaceport line, particularly the shuttle crawler. And I'm definitely looking forward to having a small fleet of shuttles!

From the pics we've seen, it looks like the one on the crawler is similar, but not quite identical to the 2011/12 shuttle - the wing construction is almost the same, but the OMS engines look like they're at an angle. Further, the smaller 'utility shuttle' looks like it uses the same nose piece - I think that's a good sign.

1H15's City sets didn't really grab me - but bring on 2H!

Edited by Ceir

I hadn't thought of using the 2012 shuttle with this, but I think you're right about their compatibility. And yes, the OMS pods are in the correct configuration on the new shuttle. I'll be glad to get that crawler (wish it had treads instead of wheels, but oh well. Simple mod if one desires to do so).

-Tram has big rare pieces, I would say $30-35

The windscreens that came with the 7938? There are 700 lots on Bricklink and they are dirt cheap:

http://www.bricklink...3415&colorID=13

They are trying to trick people into thinking that they will get a lot of stuff for their money, when in fact there will be very little ABS in the box.

According to Bricklink, the bike shop set 31026 weights 1.744 kg and contains 1008 pieces and 3 figures. That's a 69€ set officially. In order to be worth it, the CS would have to weight at least 4.2 kg and come with close to 2500 pieces. Highly unlikely, imo.

Well, it is 2015, the "future" in Back to the Future, so a tram with gullwing doors is nothing out of the ordinary.

Well I have been happy to see the deep sea sets. Being on a coast guard kick these are very welcome. I not as happy with the helicopter. The blades seem a little far off, granted I still need to convert my Chinook to 3 blade. The funny thing is I was thinking of ways to to it and that was one way but I figured it would look a bit silly. I'm running with the mini Chinook way of connecting the blades.

I definitely will get the ship. It would be great if you could extend the back end seamlessly. The size is still great and overall it has great selection of parts.

Y'know I am trying to like the new City sets... But the Swamp Police idea still leaves me shaking my head. It's like the cops are hunting down Bayou Meth Labs? The sub theme is both surreal and at the same time a little too close to reality for comfort. A weird mixture of Breaking Bad and Hanna Barbera.

Y'know I am trying to like the new City sets... But the Swamp Police idea still leaves me shaking my head. It's like the cops are hunting down Bayou Meth Labs? The sub theme is both surreal and at the same time a little too close to reality for comfort. A weird mixture of Breaking Bad and Hanna Barbera.

Lol, Breaking Bad: Southern Additon (YEEHAWW!)

I know what you mean........Swamp People meets Reno 9-1-1 ! :laugh: