Rick

2015 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

^ The car showroom is nice, should be its own set. The Lego shop does not seem to be the same style which is odd as they are in the same set. Lego should really have made a bigger Lego shop and sold it as a Lego store exclusive.

They have recently......

40145-1.jpg

It appears for the car dealer that the car ramp has a technic lift arm arrangement.

Though do we need another small helicopter.......I hope it's a media copter i,e, TV news.

Cute little vendor builds there.....coffee and ice cream.....yum. :grin:

^ That sets too exculvise, you can't buy it. TV copter sound cool but I think its you guessed it police.

These look awesome, definitely the best LEGO City Summer wave since... well, the best Summer wave EVER!

Now, that's a bit of stretch......though I totally agree only to say that 60097 City Square might be the greatest city set in the last ten years of City. :grin:

Ok looking at the pictures of the new town Square , its not a garage for sure !

Its a car Dealership !!!! They sell cars on it and has display car with a flat bed truck .

Edited by danimarroquin

What's that dragon thing behind the jet?

Already release creator set:

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Red-Creatures-31032?fromListing=listing

B8YzEogIcAIdnRu.jpg

Ship, and sunken ship, and small sub seems like a big set for $80. It looks like it might actually include a baseplate?! Very interesting set for me. I wish there was a picture of the sub on the right edge of this picture, it looks like it might be the biggest sub ($25 set).

B8Yy1d8IcAA6J-M.jpg

Helicopters must sell but I'm sick of them. Why not give us a big sub instead? Nice colors but too similar to the multiple police Chinooks from the last few years. If it comes with that sub below it I will have to get it though.

Edited by Vorkosigan

Hmm, thinking about it they could of called City Square Town Square MkII......TS's pizza bar and bike shop would fit into CS perfectly.

I also wonder if this is what we are to expect every year or two......a huge city building set.

Though another flat bed breakdown truck.......breakdown vehicles are coming as common as police vehicles right ? :laugh:

Another thing.....GV series last year had a car carrier.....hmm, a link between GV's and future city mega sets ? :wink:

Those space shuttles look awesome. The astronauts look very similar to the ones from 2011. I wonder if they are placeholders or if they decieded to keep the same look. I thought the 2011 minifigs were very stylish, so I'd be very pleased if they were kept the same basic look.

Also loving that deep sea helicopter. The divers (best seen on the box art in the background) have a very different color scheme than the one we saw earlier in the cube.

City Square looks good, but not as impressive as I was expecting. I hope we'll get a better look soon

Divers.... I don't know: the ship looks good but the underwater part of the set looks kinda plain.

City Space is getting the crown here, IMO. Looks great :wub:

I am trying to figure out WHY is there a helicopter in the City Square set? Arghh..

City Square looks good, but not as impressive as I was expecting. I hope we'll get a better look soon

Divers.... I don't know: the ship looks good but the underwater part of the set looks kinda plain.

City Space is getting the crown here, IMO. Looks great :wub:

True we need a close up look at the kiosks and shop/showroom and those underwater wrecks are just that.....so they don't look new right ? :wink:

I am trying to figure out WHY is there a helicopter in the City Square set? Arghh..

Either it's an increase in police state activity or it's for TV news reporting.

Was expecting much more from the town square set. Still good to get some city buildings though.

We can always hope it might be the beginning of a new era for City.......separating non city based designs from the city theme.

I'm just happy about how much more of a scientific and exploration angle City has taken on recently. With last year's Arctic and now divers and space port coming back, I'll definitely be enticed to pick a few of these up.

I am loving the look of the diver stuff so far. The space stuff might be a bit disappointing, hard to tell with those pics. The town square doesn't do much for me.

I'm pumped!

lego-new-sets-city-weihnachtskalender-spielwarenmesse-toy-fair-2015-andres-lehmann.jpg

Just approaching February and you get to see the Advent Calendar?! THIS IS MADNESS!

Digging the Shuttle builds at the bottom most tier, in between the Marshmallow and Santa.

Also, TWO RC RACERS!!! AND CHIBI TRAIN!

LOVE the Diving sets, at least what we've seen thus far.... But I can't be the only one that's a bit frustrated with the figures' color scheme not matching that of their vehicles???! Wish they were blue & yellow like the ship.

I'm not happy with something to do with City Square.....it just dawned on me......where the basic idea come from Cussoo Mini Shops Project.....the one that reach 10K but was rejected by Lego......I wonder what other ideas have been stolen from other AFOL's.

I don't mind having ideas used by Lego, but at least say something about where the original concept come from.

I may get a couple of the small divers sets to stock up on figs in wetsuits and some of the sea life but that boat is completely out of proportion in every way. The new Town Square looks like a great starting point for mods and if it has a LEGO Store employee fig I'll be stoked. The only thing I'll be changing from the get go will be the colours of the light rail and parting out the helicopter.

From what I can see on the pictures behind the sets, it looks like one of the sets has at least 5 animals witch is great!! Just like good old "divers" in that respect :thumbup:

Sharkorama :shark: :shark: :shark: :shark: :shark:

Edited by Roebuck

I've compiled a few more images. http://www.thebrickf...mberg-toy-fair/

B8YzT9cIgAEqQ1Z.jpg

I'm not really a purist when the subject is playmats, so I'd love to see Lego release a playmat like this one. Town Square is definitely one of my favorite sets this year!

EDIT: Forgot to thank you for compiling the images, Thank you!

Edited by Artifex

'legomilk' posted this in the train forum.......

If you look carefully you will see the copter is a TV news copter :wub: !

Though for the price we only get an old school spanner/screwdriver for the service centre not the new tool wheel.......hmm, :hmpf_bad:

And centre is spelt the American way.......not cool, Lego. :hmpf_bad:

Edit - found this on Brickset......

gylofrpxgcbvvmmmmtlz.jpg

Question is what are those red hinge pieces doing there and what's with the one stud overhang on the car showroom near the flatbed breakdown truck ?

Edited by lightningtiger

Very, very underwhelming. Imo that's one of the weakest lineups since Town Jr.

170€ for the whole set is wishful thinking. What non-AFOL parent is going to spend that kind of money on a toy? Especially, since there are hardly any useful bricks in that huge set. Instead, it's all just panels and windscreens. The creator bike shop, beach hut, toy shop and all the others are much better value.

They should have released the LEGO shop and truck as a separate set for no more than 50€.