Rick

2015 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I got myself a copy of the Swamp Police patrol 60065, Excavator and Truck 60075, and the Dune Buggy trailer 60082 at Toys R US. Very happy with my purchases!

I got myself a copy of the Swamp Police patrol 60065, Excavator and Truck 60075, and the Dune Buggy trailer 60082 at Toys R US. Very happy with my purchases!

Could you post pictures of 60075 and 60082 for us please....once built ? :sweet:

For my fellow impatient Americans, the US Lego Shop site is listing the following sets as "Coming Soon On 1 Dec 2014:"

60065 ATV Patrol

60075 Excavator and Truck

60082 Dune Buggy Trailer

60083 Snowplow Truck

Have to also think that if the official site's rolling them out this week, then TRU won't be far behind.

For my fellow impatient Americans, the US Lego Shop site is listing the following sets as "Coming Soon On 1 Dec 2014:"

60065 ATV Patrol

60075 Excavator and Truck

60082 Dune Buggy Trailer

60083 Snowplow Truck

Have to also think that if the official site's rolling them out this week, then TRU won't be far behind.

Interesting the same sets listed by USA and Canadian TRU sites over the last month......mmmm, makes one wonder ? :hmpf_bad:

I found the instructions for 60075 and discovered a new 2x4 modified axle brick being used for the tipper truck.

Might see if I can find anything else new.

Edit - 60083 has a play feature similar to the cement truck that when you push the vehicle along a spinning gear acts as a salt spreader.

Edited by lightningtiger

This might interest us city fans,,,,,,,,,http://www.lego.com/...ers/night-shift

At the six second mark you'll see a female swamp police officer and at the nine second mark in the back ground the construction truck minus port-a-loo.......of which at the end of the trailer the guy in charge yells out Hey......the most common thing a minifig must say is Hey ! :laugh:

Edited by lightningtiger

My local independant Toy shop in Farnham had the smallest 4 demolition sets, I must admit, the blue truck, grapel loader and conveyor was priced at £35 which is a little more than I expected for this set. But that truck is lovely, Although I'll wait until after Christmas for that one. For the time being I just picked up 60072 and 60073 :classic:

1.jpg

Edited by paul_delahaye

One of the most uninteresting years for me...

Why is almost everything is out of scale? I mean, a beach buggy wider than a full size truck, seriously?

Dozer got a better scale, but still oversized. Same with snow plow. I can understand long-term evolution from 4-wide classics to 6-wide standard, but then keep vehicles same scale, if you need a more expensive set don't just do an overblown vehicle - add some structures to it, be creative ftw. Isn't its the point of the city that everything should fit together? And then you have a 4x4 which is wider than half of road on a city baseplate... Will buy only excavator + truck, probably toilet vehicle. My only serious city investment this year is only the detectives office.

One of the most uninteresting years for me...

Why is almost everything is out of scale? I mean, a beach buggy wider than a full size truck, seriously?

Dozer got a better scale, but still oversized. Same with snow plow. I can understand long-term evolution from 4-wide classics to 6-wide standard, but then keep vehicles same scale, if you need a more expensive set don't just do an overblown vehicle - add some structures to it, be creative ftw. Isn't its the point of the city that everything should fit together? And then you have a 4x4 which is wider than half of road on a city baseplate... Will buy only excavator + truck, probably toilet vehicle. My only serious city investment this year is only the detectives office.

If this is a gripe of yours, maybe off the shelf toys isn't your thing? No offense man, but Lego isn't going to follow some strict standard like that. These are designed for kids, they don't care. As long as the sets look good(which warrants different widths) and plays well, kids will always want them.

May i suggest building your own to scale vehicles. This is what being an AFOL is about my man.

Lego is really difficult to scale. I think we need to stop trying to get everything to be as realistic as possible. It's lego and we need to learn how to embrace that. There are other hobbies such as model building and miniature house kits which can provide much more realism if desired. I've been guilty of trying to get lego to be "real" but that's just not possible. It's plastic brcks. Take it for what it is.

Scale has been an issue for years, though the reason is simple......each designer is different, you can check the number plate stickers to see who designed that particular set.

Now at least the new bulldozer is more city like, not unlike the 2009 one which would be used just for open cut mining ! :laugh:

Just found this on Brickset......

30313-1.jpg

Must be to join the ride-on mower from a year ago. :wink:

I have already LDD it....reverse engineering, though some if was guess work. :blush:

The problem I have with the Swamp Police is the same problem I had with the Forest Police a few years back: jurisdiction. In the USA, at least, the police are the law enforcement force that oversee a city, whereas the sheriff's office oversees a county. It seems like these rural areas would be more the jurisdiction of the sheriff than the police. It's not a huge deal, but it would have been nice to get some cars with "Sheriff" stickers for my (on-again, off-again) mountain town.

Just found this on Brickset......

30313-1.jpg

Must be to join the ride-on mower from a year ago. :wink:

I have already LDD it....reverse engineering, though some if was guess work. :blush:

Spotted that one too last night. I've got something to do these days, besides lazing round the house for the holiday season... :laugh:

Oh, look what turned up on Brickset.......

60070-1.jpg

Don't mind much for the umptieth 4x4 of this design, but that plane is very well executed!

Anyway: the first 2015 sets have turned up over here in the Netherlands. Saw a complete diorama of the police and demolition site in a store, too, with moving parts. Looked nice, and the construction toys do look better in real life than on the pictures - spare for that loo-truck, which still doesn't do that much for me. Bought none, because they only had the larger or not very interesting smaller sets.

Edited by jfbat

I don't mind another pick up truck......a little better than the last one and the plane is very nice.....a smaller version of that monster police sea plane from the late 00's.

Scale has been an ongoing issue with me too since I tend to use the Lego city vehicles with my modulars. I typically just avoid vehicles that appear to scale poorly however I would like to see how oversized this bulldozer would actually be in comparison to the buildings.

I may end up only getting 60073 if the bulldozer is unrealistically large.

Need that portoloo. NEED. I have been holding it in for too long now. I'm going to explode.

I can't wait until someone does a side by side of both 2009 and 2015 Bulldozers........there might be a shock in store......my gut tells me the 2015 one is smaller.....even just by a little.

Also that pick up/police plane set more likely be a store exclusive.....who though is anyone's guess ?

I'm already trying to build my own version of that seaplane. Might have to go to the store for some, eh, "replenishments"...