parrafilmsguy

City Layout - Inspired by Los Angeles, California

UPDATED 09/19/2016

Hey guys! This is the current version of my city. It is inspired by Los Angeles, California (where I'm from), so you'll notice lots of elements that point to LA, such as the beach, the tall palm trees, the freeway, and even some LAPD cars.

In the past few months, I've added a third 8'x3' table to my layout with lots of new buildings and an airport. I've also added a new LA skyscraper (Wilshire Grand Center) and improved my existing skyscrapers! Enjoy! I'll be posting pics soon!

Edited by parrafilmsguy

Impressive layout......excellent mixture of 80's to 10's sets and fantastic skyscrapers too......Brick On 'parrafilmsguy' ! :grin:

Wow, awesome layout you have there! I too enjoy the mixture of town/city eras. I'm not familiar with LA (only what i've seen on TV) but it certainly has an LA vibe about it! Those skyscrapers are awesome! They seem to be the perfect height for the city, not so tall they're towering over everything but tall enough that you know they're skyscrapers, great work! You have certainly made great use of limited space!

I look forward to seeing more updates... Happy building :laugh:

Beautiful layout parrafilmsguy - nice mix of skyscraper MOCs, modulars, and City sets through the years. Like LT said, you have blended sets from different decades to great effect. My favorite parts, however, are your skyscrapers - the inner 'cores' are ingenious, giving a feeling of a bit of depth while still blocking the "I see straight through you" views, I've never been that far west, but it looks wonderful through my East Coast eyes!

Great layout! I love the skyscrapers - they mix nicely with the modular buildings! My favourite is the Gas Company Tower with the tons of transparent dark blue at the top.

Well done! Very nice mixture of Classic Town sets with City - they're very hard to successfully meld together without the differences being easily noticed, but you managed to do it very well!

Great city. The subtle curve of the trans-blue bricks on the gas company tower is lovely to look at. I also like the Starbucks that has a cool classic-town sort of feel. Keep building!

Great work. The US Bank building is very nice and I love the Trollied. Very LA.

Great Job!

Very nice! From the looks of it the train is used as a display i.e. it doesn't go around / connect up? Interested in that idea, it saves 'wasted' space in the corners!

I've been toying with the idea of adding another table soon. I would love to have running trains, but it's very difficult to incorporate a full loop without the awkwardness you mentioned that comes as a result of the curves.

Your skycrapers loofs really great... It would be really nice if we could see inside (if they have some interiors!).

I'm a big fan of skyscrapers.

I like your interpretation of the LA buildings. The US bank tower looks just as imposing in your city!

Any plans of doing Little Tokyo and the Concert Hall? :classic:

Very cool layout. Love the beach and the sky scrapers. Will have to look for it on YouTube.

Again I'll say awesome, wonderful, etc., I just :wub: those cop cars.......1-Adam-12 ! :grin:

Keep the updates coming 'parafilmsguy' and Brick On ! :grin:

Your is one of my favourite city builds. Have seen and enjoyed your videos on youtube !!

Love these new additions and a new video !!!

Brick on

In addition:- Your skyscraper designs and fusion into your city are simply put...............priceless

Edited by beeman101

I just moved from there and I must say, you captured its character. The skyline is instantly recognizable, and the great thing about LA is you can find examples of pretty much every kind of architecture in the city (albeit a modern re-construction). The modulars remind me a bit of that famous street near Rodeo Drive.

You need to add COMPTON OR SOUTH CENTRAL!

That certainly would be interesting. For every Santa Monica or Hollywood, there are huge tracts of less-savory neighborhoods in the LA metro area.

I like your city scene, it is very much indicative of L.A. Thankfully the natural lighting also made your photos pop! :classic: how did you get the tiles to curve with the skyscraper blue glass section?

Your city overall is very nice! I really like the close-ups. How about KTLA tower and Paramount Studios lot?

Looking forward to more, whatever you add.

Andy D